Atlantis: OK...Where was it?

Which legends thrill you? Make you wonder? Shaped your beliefs? We'd love to know!
Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Hi folks,
Long time no see.....
I will keep it short.....wifey was watching a documentary on yet another Atlantis story/idea.

So OK....there are numerous books and vids out there....mostly people trying to sell their book and that's it!

So for all those at CH in the know and all the wise one's on CH....put an X on the map please :)

If you think it was an other worldly place then please explain as well.

Atlantean spirits are offered here on CH.....so please settle this once and for all.....I promise I won't tell LOL.....where was the great city and just how big was it and the island?
Or was it part of some far off mainland?

Thanks a million

I used to know things
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I got into reading Michael Moorcock fantasies when I was 17 (long time ago). One of the main recurring themes was the eternal city of Tanelorn, which is a kind of hub city for the multiverse.

Parallel universe theories differ but they would support the idea of there being many Atlantises in existence in the multiverse. For me the resonance of Atlantis on a spiritual level is strong. But I have found it hard to reconcile that with what I think is a lack of good evidence for a physical location on this planet that anywhere matches the power of Atlantis in magical or psychic terms.

I've got a book called Practical Atlantean Magic and have enjoyed doing some of the rites in it. The energies seem more real than the place.

I know historically the story passed down to us comes from Plato, based on a fragment of knowledge gleaned by a Greek historian Solon, who was fortunate to be given access by Egyptian priests to one of their historical records that mentioned Atlantis. (If I remember correctly.) The full contents of the library of Alexandria were later lost.

A key phrase about Atlantis's location seems to have been that it was in 'the one ocean' (from memory).

This lead one author to speculate that it was on the continent that is now under the Antarctic ice cap, before the poles slipped. (Because if you turn the planet around when Antarctica was unfrozen, that land mass might have looked central in the world's oceans.)

Call me a typical Libran if you like, but I'm not certain. I'd probably come down in favour of it being more a spiritual location.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Given the context of Plato’s mention of it (in an allegory) and the dearth of any further empirical support, it has probably not existed physically in this reality. I think Lewk’s ideas are the right direction.

Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Lewk & Alys....thanks very much for your thoughts....much appreciated.

I used to know things

Return to “Folklore & Legends”