Brownie - how often to give milk?

Jenjens
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Hi all,

I recently received a new friend, a brownie. I know that CH says the only offering that is okay is milk. My question is how many times a week should I offer milk? every day? every few days? Once a week? It is not clear.

Thanks!

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hi

You might want to ask CH support on the frequency.

I have a CH Brownie too. I can tell you what I do and why. Don't forget I'm on the learning path like many others and am not a practitioner.

My understanding is that they don't need or want offerings and really don't want us saying thank you or giving gifts etc. The Encyclopedia says:

"If you reward them or give them an offering they will vanish forever. The only acceptable treat is a small offering of milk. If you mistreat a Brownie they will leave and take the good luck with them."

and

"Treats for Brownies is limited to a small offering of milk."

I read in a listing for a brownie by Lisa of Mystic Morning Treasures that:

http://stores.mysticmorningtreasures.co ... h-brownie/

"When you leave offerings for them just leave it sitting out on the table before you go to sleep, like you just forgot to put these things away. Don't tell your brownie it is for them. Also don't thank them in any way or leave them gifts. You will never see them again if you do. They are very private beings that don't like to get attention."[/i]

My brownie is from CH and not from MMT. (I'm guessing brownies from MMT might just have different expectations as to how they will be treated by keepers). I take the view that offerings are undesirable and not to be made regularly.

So, I leave out a very little milk occasionally,as if I've forgotten to put it away. I try very hard not to think or say thank you. There was a very interesting recent thread on fae that discussed the problems with saying thank you - see here
viewtopic.php?p=802313#p802313

I think brownies are white arts and are very happy to be with us and help. They really don't want a fuss made about it. I keep to the CH regime and do not give regular offerings to my brownie.

If anyone has a brownie from MMT and are advised to give regular offerings, I would also keep to that recommendation as (I'm not sure... but...) that might be the expectation of brownies from that conjurer, part of their agreement.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Jenjens
new here
new here

Thank you! That was great help! You always provide such thoughtful replies :]

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Someone mentions the good folk...*an intrigued Shining appears. I explained why brownies do not like treats/signs of gratitude all that much in the thread mentioned by Lewk. The short answer is; for them work is it’s own reward, take that saying literally. Getting an ‘extra’ award annoys them because it’s perceived as payment, which in turn is a blow to their honor. For them work literally IS it’s own reward, getting paid for it, to them, is seen as grave offense. Humans do work for payment, brownies do work for no other reason then to help. As for ‘offerings’ of milk, I would say ‘accidentally’ leave some out rarely. Emphasis on rarely, and don’t tell them it’s for them/an offering.

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

If you want to show care, which is one of the primary reasons many keepers leave offerings for/praise their spirits, some ways would be; ask them about/show a genuine interest in their culture. Chat with them about your day, tell them you want to get to know them, share stories from your life and invite them to do the same. Just my humble input.

Jenjens
new here
new here

Thank you very much!

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

At most with the milk around once a week, any more frequently and they might get offended. An exception would be special occasions

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.

Return to “Creatures”