Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Falicea272 wrote:
Only after the credibility of said witnesses have been proven and only if it proves empirical evidence and NOT heresay. You can all agree that Female Leprechauns exist but none of you have yet proven or found objective data that backs up your claims. I on the other hand have made mention of copious historical and verifiable data that proves the non existance of Female Leprechauns.
For me Terrormisu is a credible witness per her ability to read and hear spirits. See past examples: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=30641
And Magnolia herself for being able to conjure spirits.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

You can all agree that Female Leprechauns exist but none of you have yet proven or found objective data that backs up your claims
I can only speak for myself, and given my breadth of knowledge & experience, that's all I need. You can't really substantiate your own claims with local legend & lore alone, at least, that wouldn't stand up in pretty much any other venue but a paranormal venue :lol: Anywhere else people would just give you one of these :eh: if you tried to argue that your point is valid predicated on the fact that it's in a fairytale or local legend. You have mentioned sources that are just that, recorded legends, and what you've quoted only goes back to 1100. That would be like saying if 900 years from now the only historical information on humans that survived was from the year 2000 in America, would that be truly all humans are about all over the world and the thousands of years before that? Would it be? No. :lol: There's a lot more to humans that what would be recorded by one civilization in the last 900 years.

This is starting to head down a path of ugliness. Let it go. Fal believes one way, we believe another way, that's completely fine! He doesn't have to believe anything he doesn't want to. He isn't going to change our minds, we aren't going to change his. Because of that it can only be a simple debate of ideologies.

Those who know what they know regarding the races of Leprechauns can take solace in knowing. :thumbup: You don't have to change the minds of everyone else, information is presented enough that they can make up their own minds either way. The glory of freedom of choice. :D

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
lunar-sheriti
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: kitsune
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: sheriti
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:
You can all agree that Female Leprechauns exist but none of you have yet proven or found objective data that backs up your claims
I can only speak for myself, and given my breadth of knowledge & experience, that's all I need. You can't really substantiate your own claims with local legend & lore alone, at least, that wouldn't stand up in pretty much any other venue but a paranormal venue :lol: Anywhere else people would just give you one of these :eh: if you tried to argue that your point is valid predicated on the fact that it's in a fairytale or local legend. You have mentioned sources that are just that, recorded legends, and what you've quoted only goes back to 1100. That would be like saying if 900 years from now the only historical information on humans that survived was from the year 2000 in America, would that be truly all humans are about all over the world and the thousands of years before that? Would it be? No. :lol: There's a lot more to humans that what would be recorded by one civilization in the last 900 years.

This is starting to head down a path of ugliness. Let it go. Fal believes one way, we believe another way, that's completely fine! He doesn't have to believe anything he doesn't want to. He isn't going to change our minds, we aren't going to change his. Because of that it can only be a simple debate of ideologies.

Those who know what they know regarding the races of Leprechauns can take solace in knowing. :thumbup: You don't have to change the minds of everyone else, information is presented enough that they can make up their own minds either way. The glory of freedom of choice. :D
well put. everyone can each have their own opinions :peace:

love my spirits
ImageImageImage
Falicea272
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ghul Queen
If I could be anything, I would be...: Who I am

What most fascinates me about this discussion is the fact that most if not all of the information we have today concerning our entities comes from written and oral (both past and present) sources and the fact that by proxy we are hereby admitting that the Irish who happened to give us and introduce us to Leprechauns and their stories apparently didn't know what they were talking about when they themselves declare that female Leprechauns do not exist based on their observations.

Furthermore, I have been seeing and speaking with spirits since I was 7 years old so the fact that I was raised in a spiritual family that communed daily with different kinds of spirits including the Fae is taken into account while I researched these observations.

And lastly, just because five or six people in this forum believe to have "female" Leprechauns in their keep really does not invalidate the thousands upon thousands of living Irish men and women who to this day still declare that there are no female Leprechauns and who's very cultural views are just taken out of the equation because is inconvinient to accept otherwise, nor does it confirm or validate the five or six people here concerning what they belive to be "female" Leprechauns.

I guess the Irish people of the world just happened to get this one wrong. After all I still know of a few individuals who to this day believe in the tooth fairy so why not female Leprechauns!?!

Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Try a new approach buy a "female" leprechaun off a reputable trusted conjurer. Work with it, examine your impressions, thoughts, and how it communicates with you. But try to open yourself up to the entity, instead of allowing your pre-conceived perceptions to distort/influence your connection with it.

Others have reasons to believe in female leprechauns, you have an oppurtunity to believe/know through your own experience. If it doesnt work out, in the end, your belief is your belief, and nothing can change that or your reasons.

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

I don't want to continue the argument, but this is a pretty interesting point about folklore. It's probably generally wise to trust folklore over new information, but to my mind you still have to question it.

The written and oral folklore information was passed down. Where did it originally come from? I'm going to say it probably came from direct experience of leprechauns, the history of Irish seers being what it is. But exactly how did this bit of info come about? Did it come from leprechauns directly telling people "there are no female leprechauns?" Maybe it did! in that case the idea that there are female leprechauns would be weird indeed.

Or did it come from experiences of meeting up with bearded leprechauns and they assumed that beards=male? Did they bother checking under the coats? (being silly).

According to another bit of folklore I don't know whether to credit or not, female gnomes are very shy. Maybe female leprechauns are as well. Then again that's not from a place I'd consider a good source.

I don't know the answer and I really don't mean to diminish the knowledge of experts. Folklore and traditions of spirits are important, but sometimes it's appropriate to question how the recorded details of it came about.

also as far as leprechauns dating outside their species, yeah that would be weird in nature, but as far as nature entities go...*gestures to half-human and other hybrids which a lot of people seem to think exist*

Return to “Creatures”