neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Personally, my male dark leperachaun looks young, like a child, he's about 4ft11 :)
He has dark curly hair and dark eyes. His skin is caucasian. I see him kinda like a short human.

As a 'person' he does have a very strong irish accent and dark sense of humour!! lol i dont think he has any preference on colours, but he says 'as long as its expensive' XD LOL

please check out my spirit drawings, here on this forum :) http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=27252&start=320
Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Sometimes I think they can blend in, like shift to human-like features to blend in with the crowd.

On the other hand, maybe they look like gnomes or dwarfs? XD Would be so adorable.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

From other thread:
Falicea272 wrote:I agree with you on the latter but to immediately dismiss as anything written ONLINE as not credible source is just not wise. The reason I know there are no female leprechauns is because I have a male Leprechaun; 5,325 years old who told me this. He explains it at such: " Leprechauns usually procreate with a female member of the Fae whether Seelie or Unseelie court (wishever catches our fancy) and the offspring will always be male." Also as I explained in another thread, my Grandfather was born and raised in Ireland and he use to tell me and my cousins oral stories about a Leprechaun in his town and the stories about it that go back hundreds of years. Also, most of the information online is based on bibliographic sources documenting word of mouth from Irish Myths. Now, the Fae can and often do shape-shift so I'm more inclined to believe that's the case with your female Leprechaun; my Leprechaun thinks is pointless for me to tell you this. I hope he's wrong.
I'm not saying if it's online it becomes not credible. I'm just saying it's not the full story. Now it's just a matter of your word against mine. I have a female that has a beard like Magnolia described. Why would one entity breed with another kind of entity? Where in science has this ever been possible? There is even an article that states spirits don't cross breed. Sounds to me your leprechaun is a chauvinist. Males only. Tell him that was a joke. Don't get his panties in a knot.

We can take this on another thread, unless we are done here.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

There's a vast range of information available in literature regarding Leprechauns, and it really depends if you are considering pre- or post- Christianity because many of the legends & folklore fell victim to burnings of "pagan" and "heretic" material. For those who are prone to rare book & literature collecting Leprechauns have been described pre-Christianity as what would be considered short for human height today, but wasn't far from average at the time (5'4"-5'6") to being a small as a leaf on a tree. As with most general races the consensus amongst those who study the ancient lore, is that there were varying races of "Leprechauns" as there are Fae. However, to some, Leprechauns are Fae, so you would then think of any further classifications as being sub-sect.

As for male & female, again, it depends on which era you are reading, but pre-Christianity there were several tales; male & female Leprechauns in monogamy, then some in polygamy, and, in some it was described as male-only taking human maidens or pro-creating with other species in the Fae classification (again, this is when Leprechauns are thought to be a Fae classification rather than their own species).

As with all things, he who wins in battle gets to write history. And, for most of the world, the information you have access to is post Christianity, post religious wars, and you are reading what was not destroyed. It was common practice, in ancient times, to burn all religious material or folklore material that spoke directly against what the winning side's religion was, and in some cases, propaganda was printed to belittle, mock, and make "silly" of the losing side's beliefs.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Falicea272
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ghul Queen
If I could be anything, I would be...: Who I am

AngelDust wrote:From other thread:
Falicea272 wrote:I agree with you on the latter but to immediately dismiss as anything written ONLINE as not credible source is just not wise. The reason I know there are no female leprechauns is because I have a male Leprechaun; 5,325 years old who told me this. He explains it at such: " Leprechauns usually procreate with a female member of the Fae whether Seelie or Unseelie court (wishever catches our fancy) and the offspring will always be male." Also as I explained in another thread, my Grandfather was born and raised in Ireland and he use to tell me and my cousins oral stories about a Leprechaun in his town and the stories about it that go back hundreds of years. Also, most of the information online is based on bibliographic sources documenting word of mouth from Irish Myths. Now, the Fae can and often do shape-shift so I'm more inclined to believe that's the case with your female Leprechaun; my Leprechaun thinks is pointless for me to tell you this. I hope he's wrong.
I'm not saying if it's online it becomes not credible. I'm just saying it's not the full story. Now it's just a matter of your word against mine. I have a female that has a beard like Magnolia described. Why would one entity breed with another kind of entity? Where in science has this ever been possible? There is even an article that states spirits don't cross breed. Sounds to me your leprechaun is a chauvinist. Males only. Tell him that was a joke. Don't get his panties in a knot.

We can take this on another thread, unless we are done here.
Wasn't sure what you meant when CAPITALIZING the word online; I thought you meant emphasis on the word Online. Thanks for clearing that up. You are right is not the full story but it does make me wonder how all those stories about the Fae and Unicorns and such clearly describe both male and female of each species yet not about Leprechauns. Also we have to understand that our entites do not breed like we do (that would be humanizing them; your words) they are energy and as such they are not restricted by the finite rules of our world; we can't bring science to explain our entites reproductive mechanism because our entities are yet to be explained by science let alone quantified. Leprechauns are part of the Fae species, therefore can and do procreate with the Fae. As for him being a Chauvinist, I have a rule never to apologize for my entities personalities; they are who they are and I like the fact that they can be their real selves as opposed to some humans I know...LOL!!.

As for the article on how entities don't crossbreed, I'm sure not all do but I have seen members in this forum discribe their Hybrid djinn/dragon, dragons/demon and demons/angel and sometimes even angels/djinn. Maybe not a Unicorn/hellhound and Dwarf/mermaid but other entities possibly could.

Still not buying the female Leprechaun though...sorry. Too much information points to the contrary.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Still not buying the female Leprechaun though...sorry. Too much information points to the contrary.
And, that is the beauty of freedom of choice! Being able to believe what you want to believe!

For me, it becomes a matter of going beyond the internet as a source of wisdom, and going beyond the books printed today that get their information from the internet :lol: , and going to the origins. Unfortunately, that also usually requires placing a pretty penny on the table to purchase rare books, and even loose recordings.

But, to each his own, the truth is dynamic for each person & can only be discovered through your own journey :thumbup:

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

If there are no female leprechauns, then why are female leprechauns being sold? What are they or could be?

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

If there are no female leprechauns, then why are female leprechauns being sold? What are they or could be?
Female Leprechauns. I'm not being facetious, but, that would be what they are. What you choose to classify them as, Leprechauns (as own race), or Fae (Leprechaun being a type of Faery), they would still be what they are.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I think I read you Magnolia, mention that female leps can tend to have facial hair --even fully bearded. It's come up before anyway, very interesting.

Yes, I am of the belief that there are various breeding circumstances at play; and differences also attributed to sub-sects of the Leprechaun.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Absolutely! I, personally, believe in female Leprechauns, based on my own personal experiences, however, I'm just trying not to be disrespectful of what Fal believes.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Creatures”