So, what is your Spirit Animal?

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I'm not sure. Couple of years ago I was curious about it and asked for some kind of an idea and foxes kept appearing to me so I suppose fox might be at least one of them. I also have some connection to jaguar, viper and moose. But the moose connection is more of an ancestral tie, I think since my sister keeps dreaming about them a lot. Eagle too is another connection, I think.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

GodSlayerBabe wrote:Thanks for answering!
Always happy to. You give compelling responses and you think about what you write so it's nice to read.
GodSlayerBabe wrote: I love reptiles!! So I thought it was awesome that you say alligator. Makes me think of bearded dragons.
They're pretty interesting due to their stark differences when compared to both mammals and Avians. Very sturdy and on their own 99% of the time.
GodSlayerBabe wrote: Actually I kind of feel similarly in a way.. My apparent komodo dragon animal guide was what Brianna/TheIvoryPagan on Etsy had said of me. Still mulling over that even though it's been awhile.

However I always felt really connected to polar bears (bears generally) and black panthers. I have a black panther spirit from Mystic Morning Treasures that Lisa posted up which I thought was rare since she never has black panthers up on there at all so I thought that must have been a calling.

Maybe the hedgehog could be a second animal guide? :] Just my guess lol!
Well, there are Animal Guides (sometimes called Spirit Guides), Totem Animals, and Power Animals. People have mixed beliefs on all three - some believing that you can only have one consistent animal guide but multiple Totem animals and power animals, others vice versa, and others something completely different. Whatever you believe, it is possible to have more than one animalistic presence or connection that's stronger than simply having a favorite animal. For example, I've had past lives as a werewolf and as a regular wolf. As such I feel an inherent connection to them, and when I was younger, I even identified as one. Whether I do now is a bit redundant and off topic so we'll skip that area of cringe for everyone's sanity. Point is you can like or even feel connected to an animal without it being a guide. The wolf is not my guide, but apart of me. Based upon the ruling of time and how everything is always occurring etc etc.

In any case, you're right, the Hedgehog could have been another guide or similarly based animal that just happened to be more vocal than the Aligator, and since CH does readings to find your SPIRIT ANIMAL and not your guide animals, it's clear why they'd put that in there immediately instead of adding notes on other things. I didn't expect them to, I wasn't necessarily mad at them (at the time I claimed it felt inaccurate but I wasn't as educated as I am now and this isn't a review thread so moving on) --- but as you might guess, it did shock me.

Now, the Hedgehog is a worthy animal to have as a guide. There is a lot of self control and kindness wrapped in such a little ball of cute. So I'm not bothered. There's definitely a chance that others see more of that in me than the Aligator, when they want to that is. I've had very few look deeply enough to see it. I guess I just come off as cute irl to strangers, be they witches or not. So CH nailed that. :P

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote:Through my long-time interaction with Dionysos and Tezcatlipoca, the panther or jaguar has been my chief spirit creature, besides Crocodile.
I work with a number of animal spirits, however.
It's interesting that you note both the Jaguar and Crocodile, since a Jaguar is one of the only land animals (that I'm aware of) that can hunt them. Such Ouroboros vibes.

- Muse
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

^ I hadn't considered that, food for thought!

Apparently I'm supposed to incarnate as a big cat of some distinction again in the future, I suppose I'll look forward to the hunt.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote:Apparently I'm supposed to incarnate as a big cat of some distinction again in the future, I suppose I'll look forward to the hunt.
I look forward to seeing awesome videos of it. May the odds be ever in your favor.

- Muse
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

If were talking about the same thing, my totem animal is Barracuda, according to a CH reading and binding of it.

For shamanism my power animals are different. I've also done the archetype-assuming thing, in which you can temporarily work with different animals' archetypes to take on their qualities.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Sloth, for sure. Or koala :P

Ferro
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unicorn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Winged Unicorn
Zodiac:

I'm actually not sure, who my animal guide is. For all I'm sure, she's a feline. Whenever I try to connect to my guide, I keep seeing various cats- Lioness (I partly identify as one), Cougar, Leopard (Which is one of my past lives) and a tabby cat. I'm not sure, why there isn't just one appearance. (May be a cat-shifter? :D )

But ever since I discovered CH, my unicorn has been a great guide to me \:*

"Your frustration is well understood, but one must be patient for all things good." - Zecora
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Ferro wrote:I'm actually not sure, who my animal guide is. For all I'm sure, she's a feline. Whenever I try to connect to my guide, I keep seeing various cats- Lioness (I partly identify as one), Cougar, Leopard (Which is one of my past lives) and a tabby cat. I'm not sure, why there isn't just one appearance. (May be a cat-shifter? :D )

But ever since I discovered CH, my unicorn has been a great guide to me \:*
I get strong puma or lioness vibes from you, personally. Though that Tatani avatar may be making me biased. :P (BTW, love the avatar - not sure if I ever told you so, yeah).

I'm sure you could get a reading from CH to pin things down, but as mentioned above, they may find something unexpected or something that doesn't fit quite right in the here and now (ex. My Hedgehog dilemma) so try not to be too disappointed if the reading doesn't scream out cat to you. Depending on a mixture of your beliefs and your history you may very well have more than one guide who takes more than one form. So there's that too. Whatever the case, I hope you can get an understanding of it soon. Should it interest you.

- Muse
Ferro
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unicorn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Winged Unicorn
Zodiac:

Muse wrote:I get strong puma or lioness vibes from you, personally. Though that Tatani avatar may be making me biased. :P (BTW, love the avatar - not sure if I ever told you so, yeah).
The character's name is Vitani :] And the thing is, I was actually told I was her. And I identified as her for a time. (And I still do. Now I'm some strange kind of lioness-unicorn hybrid x*D x*D \:* )
Muse wrote:...so try not to be too disappointed if the reading doesn't scream out cat to you.
I would be very surprised, if I got anything ELSE, then a feline. Ever since I was young, it was always always cats with me. I strongly refused other animal toys, but had very large collection of cats. I don't have exact count, but before we got our first real cat (And it took me YEARS of effort to persuade our parents to get one), I had around 200 cat toys :] :3
And cats in general love me as much, as I love them. When I worked as a postman, I knew every cat around my district. A lot of times I was the only person, who could pet them other then their owner. And strangely, as I did my last shift, almost all the cats I knew were around the road, just as if they were there to say goodbye ;(

Oh, and last night I had a pride of lions in my dream :]

"Your frustration is well understood, but one must be patient for all things good." - Zecora

Return to “Creatures”