Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

foxxyeclipse wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:32 pm i was looking for this info cause I saw the listing on blujay. i wish the search function didn't set a minimum of 4 letters lol "fu" didn't turn up anything
Chinese guardian lions and shishi are other names used for them, if that's any help.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
atlanticamethyst7
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 33
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Goddess Athena
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Celestial11 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:00 am I can’t find anything on them in the encyclopedia so if someone have Fu Dogs I would like to know about your experience with them.
Yes I recently ordered a pair of custom conjure Imperial Fu Dogs from BluJayHM which just arrived yesterday. And boy, they're simply amazing! Within 24 hours of bonding, I have experienced tremendous positivity and amazing miracles manifested in my life with regards to career and finances. They are wonderfully protective and uplifting guardians on top of harbinger of great blessings and good fortune. I highly recommend everyone to get a pair!

<3) <3) <3)

+++++++++++AA++++++++++++
Take Flight; Thy Wings of Fancy & Might
atlanticamethyst7
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 33
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Goddess Athena
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

someone wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:23 am You can also look up lion dogs or "stone lions" in Chinese (实事), but Instrument beat me to the information part. Either way they're very reliable and widely-used guardians in Chinese culture (you've probably seen their statues outside/inside Chinese food restaurants). Apparently the "foo" part came from a misinterpretation from the Chinese word for Buddha/Buddhism 佛 (fo2), but they tend to be more associated with traditional Chinese mythology.
I actually thought they relate more to Taoism and several schools of fengshui practice hence the positioning of Fu Dogs outside major buildings and establishments, despite the popular connotation to Buddhism and what was documented on Wikipedia.

And by the way, just a small note there - the Chinese characters for "stone lions" should be written as 石狮.

+++++++++++AA++++++++++++
Take Flight; Thy Wings of Fancy & Might

Return to “Creatures”