bravephoenix
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

I couldn't find any correspondences or offerings in the Encyclopedia for Thunderbirds, so I figured to ask here. What type of offerings do you think a Thunderbird may enjoy? I was provided a Thunderbird companion through an RA with a seller many years ago, and only now do I feel them trying to connect with me. Also, are they considered White Arts or Dark Arts?

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

If that seller is still around I would say the best bet is to ask them.

That being said a quick search on Wikipedia shows that they are prevalent in the Native American mythology and it appears that they are White Arts.

As for offerings, my thought is fulgurite. It's a glass tube that is formed when lightning strikes sand or rock.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

bravephoenix wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:33 pm I couldn't find any correspondences or offerings in the Encyclopedia for Thunderbirds, so I figured to ask here. What type of offerings do you think a Thunderbird may enjoy? I was provided a Thunderbird companion through an RA with a seller many years ago, and only now do I feel them trying to connect with me. Also, are they considered White Arts or Dark Arts?
Can you remember whether the original seller even recommended care, such as offerings? If they didn't, then the binding agreement they had with the bound Thunderbird spirit companion may not require offerings....in which case things 'offered' with sincere intent may be appreciated for the thought behind them.

If they did recommend an offering, as part of care for that spirit, then I think it's probably important to make an offering - and in exactly the way recommended - rather than in a way that's based on what is suspected to be traditional.

Yes, contacting the actual conjurer/seller is crucial.

If they have gone out of business and are uncontactable, maybe you could ask Magnolia or ASH what they think?

Different North American tribes seem to have had slightly differing versions of what they believed about Thunderbirds. I think it's just possible they were in contact with different groups or types of Thunderbirds. So some may have been darker than others. And the same offering (or any offering) may not have been acceptable to each group.

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... hunderbird

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Mine enjoys bottled water, anything thunder-related, hugs and caresses. I sometimes infuse astral water with thunder energy for him or play thunder sounds on spotify. Not all enjoy hugs and caresses though so best ask them if they're okay with that before proceeding.

Return to “Creatures”