Gryphon Day

Discussion of creatures starting with letters A-J.
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

So, I sat down with my Household a few days ago, and decided that I would give them each one day that was completely theirs, as an offering. No treats, just my time. I wouldn't wear any other vessels, I would spend that whole day focusing wholly on that one spirit/entity.

Today is my Gryphon M's day, and I thought I would write a little bit about her here, as part of my offering.

M is larger than a typical modern lion - she's actually as large as some horses - she's taller at the shoulders than my head. Her whole body is tawny in color - her front feathers and her back fur shade flawlessly into each other. Her eyes are like an eagle's eyes - round, amber, with a round black pupil in the center. Her beak is short, like a falcon's, and slightly hooked on the top, and is dark brown. Her wings are a little longer than her body length when folded back. Her front claws are like the back claws of an eagle, and are the same color as her beak. Her back claws, which, like a lion's, are always extended, are clear to ivory in shade.

In personality, she's very maternal, but in a... "I'm going to watch you and wait and see if you need help before I step in and say or do anything" kind of way... She's very gentle, and extremely patient... but she's also a little... stand-offish... We don't have a LOT of communication, though she often stands beside me while I'm on the computer and purrs. For a while when she first arrived, I actually couldn't tell the difference between her purring and my phone on vibrate... so I was constantly checking my phone. lol It wasn't until I stumbled across someone else's thread about purring gryphons that I realized the joke. Oddly, while I've felt that she was purring next to me since then, I haven't HEARD it since that moment... and I haven't ran to check my phone or anything since then, either... I think it was just her way of reassuring me that yes, she is actually here, likes me, and is paying attention. Once I noticed, and thanked her, it stopped...

She has taken it upon herself to repair my finances. I have... emotional blockages which have become psychic blockages, about prosperity, in ALL forms, and we had a LONG discussion via tarot about this issue, where she basically told me, "You need this healed, may I fix it," and I said, "Of course!" Since then, I've noticed improvements. It's been slow, gentle, a process, but things are definitely getting better. Also, every time I've mentioned, out loud, a specific financial need, within three days, someone's handed me what I needed. The first time, a friend hired me as a psychic counselor for two months, and paid me up front for my services. The second time, another friend sent me some cash, just because, and so did my parents... and just recently, again, my parents just... randomly handed me a check. So that you understand the miraculous nature of this... my parents, before M came into my life, have NEVER given me money. EVER. They're more of the... "Let's stand here watching you sink while we make unhelpful comments and, even better, hold your head under for you" type of mindset... for them to give me ANYTHING is just... well, the moon falling out of the sky, the sun turning blue, the grass turning red, and the sky becoming the earth above us would be more likely.

Most of my offerings to her have been long walks through town, so that she can stretch her wings. Often during these walks, I'd find feathers, randomly strewn along my path, which I brought home and placed in her spot. Until today, which I spent doing some serious research, I didn't know that Gryphons liked citrus, so I've been dabbing her vessel with citronella oil every so often as an offering. Her... spot... in my home is a gigantic black "Cauldron of Plenty" that's full of spare, loose change. My expired bank card, a creature offering, a few prosperity spells, a connecting stone, a deck of tarot cards that she chose for herself out of my collection, and all those feathers. If I find any coins during our walks, I add the ones that she tells me she's found. She and my second gold dragon have a competition going... sort of a "tag, mine" game where whoever finds the coin first, keeps it. lol I think that he makes her job easier... until he came along, she was shouldering the burden of my prosperity issues all alone... and he's a healer, and into prosperity, so double the help to her...

I haven't had any dreams of flying on her back, and I haven't noticed my astral traveling being more frequent. She doesn't bite my toes. She doesn't snuggle. But then... I'm not that kind of person - tricks and cuddling are not my thing. I don't need constant attention. I don't require you to prove yourself to me. I'm very low-key... and honestly, I'm too busy in my sleep to go gallivanting about - I have work to do, places to go... There's not a lot of room in my sleep for other things, so I can understand her leaving be. We have a very practical relationship, though I feel, when I think of her, that I am warmly regarded. I think she understands my limitations, and respects my frequent need for distance. It's possible that she sang me to sleep once... but it's equally possible that was my feldgrau dragon - I still don't know which of them it was - just that the voice was high and sweet.

I've often felt that I don't interact with her enough, that I don't give her enough of my attention, and I've also often felt that she must have a very busy spiritual life, because I don't get a lot of experiences from her in return... but actually sitting down and thinking about it, writing all this out, I realize, I've noticed more than I thought. Her vessel arrived on June 16th, and so we are obviously still in the bonding stage, but she's made huge improvements in my life already, and my appreciation and respect for her achievements with what I once considered to be a nearly impossible job continue to grow.

Thank you, M, for being a part of my life. Thank you for choosing me, mothering me in a way I can accept, restoring me to prosperity, and purring at me to let me know you're there. Thank you for your AMAZING strength. I feel like I can lean on you for ANYTHING, and I cannot even BEGIN to express how much that means to me, or even WHAT. I think that everyone should have a gryphon just like you.

Brightest blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Awe, I really like your post about your gryphon!!!! She sounds wonderful!!!!

I have two of them and they have been very good to me!!!! They don't cuddle just like you said, but they do hang around me quite often!!!!!

I love it that you thought it was your phone vibrating at first when it was her purring!!!! I have had that happen a few times with both of mine, I think they think it is funny!!! :lol:

Thanks for sharing yours with all of us!!! :thumbup: :D

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Sequinox
Zodiac:

Wow. This is so moving! What a wonderful idea!

Actually, as it turns out, it is easy being green.
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

:)

Thanks, Starfire.

Out of curiosity, does anyone want to join in in my Gryphon Day and maybe write up a bit about their journey with their own gryphons on this thread as a kind of offering of appreciation for them? I think that would be truly wonderful... and I read everything I could find about gryphons that's available to non-tenured members, but the information was very limited, so maybe this will help expand that and give people more of an idea about what they're like.

Just a thought... Chime in if you wish. I know a lot of you have ranted about how wonderful your gryphons are, and how much you love them... so much love, there must be LOADS of experiences you could share... not the deeply personal ones, but whatever you're comfortable with...

Welcome, and bright blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Dolce
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Mine
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Sorry, I don't have one, but I just wanted to chime in and say what a beautiful and well thought out offering this was! :applause: Your Gryphon sounds truly wonderful and what a great relationship you both have founded on mutual respect! Such an important and essential ingredient to any and all of life's meaningful relationships, be they human or spirit...:thumbup:

~ Dolce ~
ImageImageImage
Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Sequinox
Zodiac:

Yes! I have one on order and I was thinking how great this would be to do for mine, but I didn't want to steal the idea or jack the thread. So glad you are interested! :)

Actually, as it turns out, it is easy being green.
Syri
venerated member
venerated member
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

Awww,I bet she loved this as an offering. :heart: I don't have one,never felt attracted to one....yet. ;)

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

::bump:: very beautiful post. I just got a Gryphon companion, and came across this looking for info

Daneerie
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Awesome thread... :D I recently ordered a custom conjure and A.'s vessel has been shipped a few days ago. I feel her already... she has manifested as a quick flash of white light like a diamond under the sun. I can't hear anything yet as I'm brand new to this, but I know she's watching and I feel she's really loving like a protective mother... I love you already, A. You just came in to my life but you're already very special to me :hug: :inlove:

My spirit family: gryphon, 2 arkan sonney, ki-lin, cwn anwnn, amphisbaena, unicorn, pegasus, 2 phoenix, gargoyle, duojna, wraith, fylgia, volkh, courtwind angel, bronwyn angel, sterling angel, blue dragon, black dragon, 1 divine dragon, 2 red dragons, 2 silver dragons, green dragon, 2 star faery, marid djinn, 2 gold djinn, cleopatra djinn, ifrit djinn, golden djinn, manananggal, sang and energy vamp, faery/djinn mix, werewolf, liderc, hellhound and I love them all! :inlove:
jasbro07
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: fallen angels
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: lovesclimbingthruwindows
Zodiac:

What a beautiful idea; Gryphon day! :heart:

I have two, one was an sra. I'm guilty of not having spent a lot of time focusing on either until recently so I love :inlove: this idea.

Just recently I had one of my gryphons pop in, have a chat, and help me with the inspiration for two of my scribbling attempts. This particular gryphon is direct, not wordy, but without sounding short or disinterested.

I love the fact that my gryphons are so 'roundtable' in their approach to other spirits. i don't know who directly helps in the inspiration department, but i know the gryphons are involved and there is a sharing with others going on. And I'm very thankful that the what/who of what I'm writing matters not, they just jump in.

my one gryphon is still pretty quiet; with such a gentle energy.
the other is very warm, unobtrusive, and so very generous. I especially love the feeling of stability that pours off of them. matters not what's happening, they have this calm mountain feeling.

:heart: to my Gryphons!

:candle:

'I would rather be whole, then be good.....'
Carl Jung

“Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my Fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past me, I will turn to see Fear’s path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”
Dune by Frank Herbert

Return to “Creatures A-J”