Thoughts on Phoenix offerings

Discussion of creatures starting with letters K-Z.
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

I remember seeing a post on Phoenix offerings somewhere but I can't seem to find it. Hence the new post here.

I got a Phoenix about a week ago form Blujay's Haunted Magick. He was one of their personal spirits that they had for about 20 years. I'm still in shock that I got him and extremely honored that he wanted to be with me. He is the sweetest and most affectionate thing that I have ever seen! <3) <3) <3)

He was checking me out and getting to work long before his vessel came, and I was talking to him about what types of offerings that he would like and these are some of the responses that I got:

Candles that smell of woodsmoke, fires, hearths, etc.
Candles with a wooden wick that crackles when it burns
Spicy scents. He seemed enthusiastic when I mentioned cinnamon, and chiles were acceptable.
I recently got a vertiver balm that smells smoky, he didn't care for it, but thought some others might.

That's all i have for now. Feel free to share any other ideas.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Thank you for this! I have recently ordered a phoenix and am now waiting for her to arrive (only another three weeks or so... lol). This gives me ideas on what to offer her if/when she gets here! Since she is White Arts, I have already bought a 10$ charity card (100 meals for needy people) for her. The receipt will be the first offering I make to her.

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

You're very welcome!

I never thought about doing a charitable donation. That may work for a couple of my angels... Have to see what they think. :@

Keep the ideas coming and good luck with your new friend! *>*

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Did you see the CH Encyclopedia page on Phoenixes? https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ht=phoenix

It gives recommendations for treats. And any of the associations can be used to create treats & bonding exercises too.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:40 am Did you see the CH Encyclopedia page on Phoenixes? https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ht=phoenix

It gives recommendations for treats. And any of the associations can be used to create treats & bonding exercises too.
I did, but my phoenix did really respond to them. He did perk up a bit at the mention of peppers, but nothing like when I picked up a small lava stone from the local metaphysical shop. That he went nuts over- to the point where I may have to go back and get some more to make a nest for him.

Let's just say him finding that idea "agreeable" would be the understatement of the decade. :)|

But thank you for posting the link anyway. You reminded me I have to revisit the associations and see if I can come up with ideas for bonding.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

stormdancer wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:19 am
Lewk wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:40 am Did you see the CH Encyclopedia page on Phoenixes? [url]https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index.php?action=faq&cat=2&id=368&artlang=en&highlight=phoenix

I did, but my phoenix did really respond to them. He did perk up a bit at the mention of peppers, but nothing like when I picked up a small lava stone from the local metaphysical shop. That he went nuts over- to the point where I may have to go back and get some more to make a nest for him.

Let's just say him finding that idea "agreeable" would be the understatement of the decade. :)|

But thank you for posting the link anyway. You reminded me I have to revisit the associations and see if I can come up with ideas for bonding.
That you found a treat your phoenix likes sounds very positive.

It's possible that different conjurers find their Phoenixes as coming from different places of origin.

CH says many of theirs come from the Greek Islands. https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ht=phoenix

According to Lisa of MMT, Phoenixes were first recorded by the Egyptians and are recorded by other cultures too.
http://stores.mysticmorningtreasures.co ... h-phoenix/

It's possible the 'tribes' of phoenixes that different conjurers are in contact with have different preferences when it comes to offerings or treats too. This is why I usually revert to following whatever is recommended by the seller / conjurer, rather than going for something that seems generic, as not all spirits may be so stereotypical.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

<3 Thanks lewk!!

That actually helps quite a bit. I got mine from Jamie over at Blujay's. Since he was one of their personal phoenixes I'll check with her to see where he came from.

Jamie told me that he likes being talked to and to follow my instincts. I think that's just because he's got a new keeper, which means a new way of doing things- and she wants us to discover what works for us. I could be wrong- I'm not a mind reader.

I'm basically trying to get ideas to throw against the wall and see what sticks. And to offer ideas to others who, like me, find that the offerings mentioned in the Encyclopedia don't resonate with them.

But thank you again for all your help. I truly appreciate it! <3

Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
Zodiac:

Hello

Yesterday, I made a small display of pine, spruce, cedar, a red tealight candle holder, a red taper candle and a couple of cinnamon sticks. I lit the candles just before supper and let them burn down during the evening. It was just decoration, right? What I didn't realize at the time was that a young male phoenix (met him in a dream before) took that display to mean an offering.

Wish I realized that he was enjoying the flame before my failed attempts at pinching out the flame. After I blew out the flame, I closed my eyes and saw a red bird. When I opened my eyes, I saw the same image but it was green. I thought I saw an afterimage but I used a pendulum to confirm what I saw. According to the dowsing, it was the same phoenix I met in a dream.

I hope I didn't upset him too much and learned that a decoration isn't always a decoration when a phoenix thinks it's an offering.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

My phoenix has arrived and after some initial false starts with communicating we are finally getting through to each other. About a week ago I had a dream that she wanted an offering of candles. I bought them for her a few days ago and lit them during this morning's meditation. I also called her name out loud and asked her to show herself to me. I immediately saw an image in my mind's eye of a burning coal. I was expecting to see her as a bird, but how ever she wants to express herself is fine by me! I am thrilled with her.

Whyme, your experience sounds awesome! If you have any more interactions with that phoenix please tell me all about him. :)

Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
Zodiac:

stargazerjournal wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:58 pm My phoenix has arrived and after some initial false starts with communicating we are finally getting through to each other. About a week ago I had a dream that she wanted an offering of candles. I bought them for her a few days ago and lit them during this morning's meditation. I also called her name out loud and asked her to show herself to me. I immediately saw an image in my mind's eye of a burning coal. I was expecting to see her as a bird, but how ever she wants to express herself is fine by me! I am thrilled with her.

Whyme, your experience sounds awesome! If you have any more interactions with that phoenix please tell me all about him. :)
It seems you have a really nice phoenix. I wonder if the burning coal means she's close to burning up herself.

He's literally a baby, hatched in 2019, so I named him, J, and he seems happy with it which happened before his scare. I did accidentally scare him and he's still scared. At this point, I'm trying to figure out how to calm him some more. I believe he calmed down a bit and I'll try reaching out to him during meditation. Thankfully, there's an adult phoenix, A, who seems to be looking after him. Perhaps lighting another red candle in that display might help him. Anyway, I don't expect to have more experiences with him. I did apologize to him which I believe helped.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3

Return to “Creatures K-Z”