DA Basics

Resources and links to information on Dark Arts creatures.
BlazeTigerNahti
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love a ton of them
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Twilight, Blaze & NightBlood are some of my favorite ones

Inedible wrote:
Aprophis wrote: If that's not enough, I'm giving up.
It isn't enough. Talking about choice without addressing what is chosen is like talking about eating but refusing to discuss food.
Let's put it this way
White Arts and Black Arts Don't have free will
You can know that 100 times out of 100 Black Arts will try to kill you or ruin your life
100 times out of 100 you ask a White Arts entity to hurt someone and they will Dali Lama you about how hurting others is hurting yourself
Where as a Dark Arts is like a Human, They have free will to choose to do harm, not do harm or just push back
They have free will
That is all that DA means

This is the easiest way I can explain it

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Yahweh Sabaoth for ever.
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

Inedible wrote: It isn't enough. Talking about choice without addressing what is chosen is like talking about eating but refusing to discuss food.
Why would the choice matter? The choice would matter if you're the one doing the deciding or if the choice affects you.
As for DA they can choose everything just like we humans can, which makes us DA. WA and BA can't choose, that's the difference. That's why DA is called DA and not BA and not WA. We could also call it grey arts or free-will-people. Doesn't change the fact it's all about the freedom of choice. But it doesn't matter, define it how you want to if you don't like other definitions.

Also we could talk about eating, the process, without mentioning food related items.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Prinsiippi
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 63
Zodiac:

2cents Grey arts sounds like something a grandmother would knit, dark arts is more like a code for evening wear. And free will... I've always had trouble imagining how it would be like, to be without free will, to not even think of evil deeds when you see them happening all around you for staying spotless. And for black souls to never even consider that there might be something for you too in greater good, even though you see it happening around you (or on your prey), because I've always thought that evil is corrosive for even the being that is being evil. Yeah, I know there are evil things out there, I just do not understand how they can be longlived. I've read these beings were born this way and do not have any choice. At least they are predictable, then.

Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

Is it really so hard to imagine? I mean there's the whole "free will is an illusion" theory, that everything we do is preordained and we're just going through the motions.

Prinsiippi
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 63
Zodiac:

Well it is hard for me to imagine, I guess that is as a being that has the ability to take chances. It may be some white arts beings may be completely blind to dark aspects of life, I get that impression, but some others could not be able to function if they were like that.

As the illusion of free will, when I look back at my life, I see no destiny, I could have made many different choices on the way and be somewhere else in my life. Sometimes the choices are done by somebody else, my parents, sister, boss, boyfriend. They too had at least two possible things to choose from. Not so nice choices from others were to cheat on me or to promise me something, and that they then gave to someone else, etc. Blaming not having free will would not have made me any more sympathetic on them.

I have a netpage open on subject of free will. I think that when there were less people, with less chances to express themselves and have ideas for, there were less random weirdness that I cannot imagine anybody being able to make plans for. For example, at least I hope that those who wanted to take their selfies on daring spots did not have it written in their destiny, that it would be their last.

Also, at least us humans have different opinions on what is good and what is evil, just think of any war, I do not think any side has ever thought themselves being in the wrong, and they all will think the enemy is evil, or at least wanting things they have no rights for. I was once blamed for being too black and white with my thinking (by flirty guy that was, surprise!, already in a relationship, guess what that was about) but I know even the most goodhearted person is ashamed of some things he did, no pure white in us, and the most evil person usually has reasons that makes him so twisted. I've had nasty things in my trapping stone and I do wonder how those things are born.

Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

It would hardly be called the "illusion" of free will if it was not believable lol, and good and evil don't actually exist you know (least in the terms that we use them), they're just Human definitions.
In the case of your "nasty things", they may well just be doing what comes natural to them. Ants for example, will kill any other ant that is not of their hive with no regard or thought to anything, it's total genocide.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

Prinsiippi wrote: And free will... I've always had trouble imagining how it would be like, to be without free will, to not even think of evil deeds when you see them happening all around you for staying spotless. And for black souls to never even consider that there might be something for you too in greater good, even though you see it happening around you (or on your prey), because I've always thought that evil is corrosive for even the being that is being evil.
See it with vibrations. They vibrate at a certain frequency and things that do not, like good things, emotions, etc vibrate at a total different frequency. They're just incompatible and unable to get those vibrations because they're on opposite sides or magnetism, one pole will always repel the other polarisation. BA and WA are in a way pure in what they are.
And only the strong, powerful and cunning ones survive for long. The others are killed off pretty quickly anway unless they find weak prey. But most BA probably stay at home (probably because of the different vibrations) and fight amongst each other and anything that's unlucky enough to cross their ways.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Return to “Dark Arts Information”