Who is/are the godly equavalant(s) of Gabriel?

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

The problem with the "grant me an answer fast" age is that no one wants to take the time to vet out the information. And yes... please don't believe everything in fiction. I am a writer and I can guarantee that it's never a realistic 1 to 1 translation. LOL

As for history, I'm currently reading about ancient Mesopotamia to bond with one of my succubus spirits because she spent much of her life in that time period, and it's definitely very interesting in the pantheon department, not to mention history in general. I highly recommend delving into history as you research mythologies. It's fascinating and can broadly expand your understanding of many, many things.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

I think I'm just really confused about everything religious right now?
I was born and raised a Christian... But then I became a spiritkeeper. And I lately got adopted by the Norse God Freyr. I have a binding with Merlin as well. And... I got a binding with Aphrodite as well.
I also got an incubus... And he seems to be good with my courtwind angel.

In a way searching out links and relating a God from the Greek pantheon to the Christian Religion... gives me some sort of structure.

As a Christian you're told that you can only call out to one God. So basically if God is Anu or Zeus in disguise I don't need to worry about being unfaithful to my God right?

And it seems the most logical answer as well. Cause they say God is the creator. Doesn't that mean He has always been there?

And He seems to have made the angels before He made humans. So doesn't that mean that Michael, Gabriel, Raphael and Lucifer are very very old? But there was a time where our anchestors didn't name them.... And how exactly is that possible when AA Michael drove Adam & Eve out of Eden? Adam & Eve are named the first humans... I can comprehend that Adam and Eve weren't really the only two humans on the planet... Maybe the only ones who got to believe in God... Or the first what we call Homo Sapiens.

But anyways that means AA Michael has been there from the beginning of Mankind. But as the ancient anchestors believed in the annunaki,... And after that in Osiris and Isis...and somewhere into Greek and Roman and Norse pantheon and in the Inca pantheon... Where is Michael? Where is Gabriel? Where is Raphael?

But then again I doubt anyone can answer that. We weren't there....

But to me it seems they were still around, just by another name. Cause I can't comprehend that the AA's just took off.

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

The apostle Paul would be horrified by that suggestion. Generally, I don’t care what horrifies Paul, but if you insist on Christianity you have to deal with the reality of the source material. And the source material is adamant that these are not all the same Person and specifically condemns venerating the Greek Gods.

The oldest recorded religions are ancestor veneration, pantheistic and polytheistic. If you’re going to say that surely everything comes back to one great creator and suggest the historical record supports that, then you have to deal with that foundational fact.

It can be just fine to be a Christian. But orthodox Christianity is fundamentally incompatible with venerating other Deities. That is the reality of the religion as it is written.

So you either need to get comfortable with going off-book, or you need to stay in the lane that doesn’t tear you up just for driving in it. Because your sense of inner conflict and urge to make it all hang together cohesively over time will stunt your growth and damage the work you attempt so long as you feel like it is somehow wrong to be doing so.

It is not all one truth, and you’re not going to get very far by trying to force together pieces of different puzzles.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

And as for the angels, it’s not necessarily a question of where they were. It is equally a question of awareness on our end. Just because we didn’t know what atoms were for most of our history as a species doesn’t mean atoms didn’t exist or went somewhere we couldn’t see them.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

This might not simplify things, but there's also a distinction between non-corporeal beings that 'really' exist and get called different names by different cultures and the evolving concepts of deities that basically are brought into existence in a level of the astral by people's devotion to the concept of them.

The gradual evolution of various religious figures over the millennia mean that there may be different versions of Christ or the Archangel Gabriel out there that are separate thoughtforms which have developed sentience.

Anyway, there is a distinction between our concept or idea of a well known spirit figure and what the original being actually was (if there was one).

With Gabriel there may well be an original living being from the spirit realm - a real Angel. I would personally be surprised if they are identical to any being in another pantheon, whose gods or goddesses have been viewed differently by a given culture over a long time and in many cases can be seen to have originally been another figure and have been syncretised with another local deity way back, sometimes more than once.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote:This might not simplify things, but there's also a distinction between non-corporeal beings that 'really' exist and get called different names by different cultures and the evolving concepts of deities that basically are brought into existence in a level of the astral by people's devotion to the concept of them.

The gradual evolution of various religious figures over the millennia mean that there may be different versions of Christ or the Archangel Gabriel out there that are separate thoughtforms which have developed sentience.

Anyway, there is a distinction between our concept or idea of a well known spirit figure and what the original being actually was (if there was one).

With Gabriel there may well be an original living being from the spirit realm - a real Angel. I would personally be surprised if they are identical to any being in another pantheon, whose gods or goddesses have been viewed differently by a given culture over a long time and in many cases can be seen to have originally been another figure and have been syncretised with another local deity way back, sometimes more than once.
This is a really great point. And it reminds me that there is a school of thought out there that some of the names angels do not have unique names so much titles. If Gabriel fits within that situation, then it’s not one Gabriel. It’s a number of angels who fill the Gabriel role.

Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

Actually, Lucifer was originally Enki and no Michael is not equivalent to Enlil, Beezelbub was once Enlil. In actually there's no angel to deity Equivalence because they're not the same kind of beings, angels embody the will of their creator while deities embody the aspects of nature. So they're not the same ballpark.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Also to add to my previous post the roman and Greek gods are literally the same people lol so it's not the same case.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

And not all angels originate as a God, some were simply created from Yahweh, just as Ma'at of Egypt created her own angels known as Ma'atis, angels of order (her aspect of order)

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
Syrah
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: ET
If I could be anything, I would be...: Galactic Being

Sans the Avengers reference (lol) the question is actually good. It really had me thinking where was AA Gabriel during the whole events with Adam - I mean in Islam. In Quran, all of the angels were asked to bow but no one was specified which I find it strange. Because AA Gabriel was mentioned three times in Quran and is a big deal to Muslims and according to them, he is favored over Michael.

Shran/Shrek Fan since 2001.

10 partners in crime, 6 healers, 1 businessman & 1 wise teacher.

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” — The Little Prince.

Return to “Angels”