neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Greetings dear Keepers, I wanted to share a small thing with you all :)

So...finally bought a pendulum, cleansed it with white sage and the day after I used it.

I told my family that I wanted to train my ability to communicate with them with the pendulum and let the first who wanted take my hand and guide me. I used a Diagramm with letters for this, but nothing fancy.... First, I asked who wanted to do this practise with me first and the pendulum swung and with some time it spelled out the Name of one of my spirits, an Nebula Angel and then I asked, what that Angel wished for today (I literally asked like that^^). And then it spelled out some letters again and one of my eyebrows rose in surprise: "Teqiua"

Soooo.... What does this mean...I asked to myself...Is this a word in the language of this angel-race (because I did not specify in wich language I wished for a answer. Although I do not think I should specify something like this, since it told me its name normally beforehand....). The other thing this would mean is: Tequila.... and the reason it came out like that is, that I misread or overlooked a letter.... I wondered....And still do to be honest.... I did think about the possibility of a trickster who wanted some alcohol, or its really the wish from my angel... To get an alcoholic offering x*D

I bought some Tequila in the end and also in the color wich came to mind when I read the wish and I do intend to make that a offering for my angel. I rather make a fool out of myself, presenting something like this to my angel, then possibly ignoring the possibility and learn something funny and exiting :) And it if really is me making a fool out of myself, we can lugh about it at a later point in time :)

But what do you all think? Alcohol as a offering I know only from the Spirits of the Elements like gnomes, salamanders etc., not from angels :) And again.... everything is possible and it shows how much of a human perspective and expectation one can still have.^^

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7

Well, I never heard of an angel requesting alcohol myself. That sounds like something a sterling might do, though, to be honest. Still, I can't really say for sure. I don't really have an angel in my keep to ask, haha.
Could be an unbound trickster or fae nearby, perhaps? But that would be unlikely if you asked your spirits to protect the ritual space and put up some shields beforehand.

This actually reminds me of what happened today. I asked one of my friends to channel my body and move me to an item in the store they wanted as an offering. I like to do that because then I'm quite certain that this is what they like.
The being moved me to grab a bottle of hair conditioner. I asked, "Are you sure?". He nodded. Then I remembered that the conjurer noted how this being's hair looks very healthy and well-kept, haha.

Kobald
neophyte
neophyte

Thats a funny story :D
Spirits are full of surprises....

But to come back what you said.... I actually did not ask the to do it and I also did not have any shields up. I do have several protection spells, wich although do not cover the "being trick by trickster" part, so this actually could be the case.... But I did order a protection spell for me to cover for this weakspot last week, so... :) Thanks for the input @chiasmox^^

chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte

If you have a house rule that states that no unbound (or unbounds with malicious intent) can interact with you, I believe your spirits will already protect the ritual space in any case. I tend to just ask beforehand that everyone gathers around and block anything unfruitful as I'm communicating with a specific spirit, which in my case is mostly automatic writing. I don't trust pendulums.

Did you already offer the tequila? How did the angel react? (:

Kobald
neophyte
neophyte

Well... no, I mean...I have a houserule wich states that any unwanted or malicious entity has to be banned from the premises, but I did not specify and thought about trickster spirits, since I do not see them as necerssarily malicious, only mischiveious.... I should update this, that is a blunder on my part^^"

Automatic writing? How does one go about this? o_o It sounds interesting, but I never investigated that idea to be honest... Also I have problems understanding this... How do you do it? Is it something like "writing without thinking" (pardon my description...^^")?

And yes, I did offer the tequilla, but I did not feel any specific reaction from the angel. But this is bound to my inability of sensing I experiencing at this time. Aaaaaaaand I did not ask her specifically, but I will ask in some means other then my own sensing-abilities :)

chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte

Kobald wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:47 pm Well... no, I mean...I have a houserule wich states that any unwanted or malicious entity has to be banned from the premises, but I did not specify and thought about trickster spirits, since I do not see them as necerssarily malicious, only mischiveious.... I should update this, that is a blunder on my part^^"
Ah, then I misunderstood you, clearly. Well, I don't actually think that you need to update your rules in that respect? I don't know, I have a rule that I don't want *any* unbounds messing around, no matter the intent. I want to be sure I'm actually communicating with my spirits, not some outside force. If I wish to talk to someone outside, it would just be immortals as of now.
Kobald wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:47 pm Automatic writing? How does one go about this? o_o It sounds interesting, but I never investigated that idea to be honest... Also I have problems understanding this... How do you do it? Is it something like "writing without thinking" (pardon my description...^^")?
I ask one of my spirits to take charge of my right arm, but I think they just channel me fully. Seems to be the easiest as I seem to be a natural medium.
I ask a question and they write it out. I can look away from the paper at this point and it comes out almost perfectly in regards to position of the letters and signs. If I look down at the same time, the spirit writes it out more precisely and cleanly. And yes, it's basically "writing without thinking". I don't need to rely on it as my telepathy seems fine (according to my friends the channel is at around 53,4% opened now) but I like to do it anyhow. Seems to muddle the meaning a bit less.
Kobald wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:47 pm And yes, I did offer the tequilla, but I did not feel any specific reaction from the angel. But this is bound to my inability of sensing I experiencing at this time. Aaaaaaaand I did not ask her specifically, but I will ask in some means other then my own sensing-abilities :)
I'm curious as to how she reacts or reacted, haha.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Kobald wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:12 pm Thats a funny story :D
Spirits are full of surprises....

But to come back what you said.... I actually did not ask the to do it and I also did not have any shields up. I do have several protection spells, wich although do not cover the "being trick by trickster" part, so this actually could be the case.... But I did order a protection spell for me to cover for this weakspot last week, so... :) Thanks for the input @chiasmox^^
Sounds like this may be useful for you.

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=63512

What offerings - if any - did the seller recommend? My rule of thumb is I only offer what is recommended. I know that outside of modern spirit keeping there are traditions and practices that include offerings of alcohol to certain spirits. Again, even there, if that was my spiritual practice I would stick closely to the customary requirements.

I think I only ever saw one spirit type in the CH Encyclopedia that takes offerings of alcohol.

I have read in this forum experiences of some keepers who gave alcohol to a bound spirit, which apparently led to that spirit behaving chaotically for a while. Some spirits are even offended by any offerings.

So I am extra careful with such things.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Kobald
neophyte
neophyte

Hello^^ And thanks Lewk, I will use some of the spells written there. Although I did cleanse the pendulum with white sage before usage. And my offerings like you said Lewk, but this I time I wanted to know if they have some specific wishes (in that reagrd I have news, but that in a moment :) ), out of curiosity :)

I also told my angel that I am not sure if i get that right and if this really was the angel asking..... I usually offer the asociated offering....

Well....in regards to news: I did talk to my angel yesterday and it looked like this was a misunderstanding, a trickster (or an imposter) even who thought it would be funny to get its hands or claws on some alcohol.... Well...but the angel wasn´t mad. On the contrary.... the angel seemed even mildly amused because of this. :)

Well... but now there is a protection spirit with me and a Spell wich aims to protrect against tricksters and imposters (not only but it was stated that that spell also aims at those). So... when I find myself in such a situiation again, then I can expect, that the weird and even funny requests would be more my subcouncious or wishes I am not aware of. :)

chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte

While Lewk is right in saying that you can *never* go wrong with the recommended offerings, spirits and entities are individuals in the end and can have their own preferences. I mean... isn't it kind of funny to imagine the entire human race with a very narrow list of associations?

I do agree, though, that it seems somewhat unlikely that an angel would ask for alcohol, and it turns out it wasn't even the spirit in question in the end.

To come back to my point above-- one of my spirits likes the list of associations to the T, the other, of the same race, liking it too but actually enjoying the scent of something else even more. My incubus adores lavender but goes nuts for watermelons as well, which he apparently never heard of until he got bound to me. So, in the end, it's best to ask and hope nothing intervenes. When the communication skills aren't there yet to properly get a good answer and verify it, is is of course the best advise to go with the lists Ash & Magnolia put up.

It's good you got a protection spell, btw, Kobald, but it's generally a wise idea to learn how to shield, ground and banish yourself so you don't entirely rely on outside forces. I speak highly of the "Sword Banishing" from Damon Brand which he lists in his book called "Magickal Protection". Easy to find on amazon, if you're interested.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

It might be better to verify what your companion meant with "teqiua" by asking again

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Return to “Angels”