The Catoblepas Report

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

While I don't plan to venture into DA for a while, I had to laugh about getting this one in a CH reading. Me, needing help with focus? Maybe! The description makes them sound like the personification of focus itself. Who's going to stop a charging buffalo with a thick scaly hide from achieving its goals?

I actually remember this one from a childhood book of monsters. I used to spend a lot of time looking at it. Funny.

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

Bumping because I'd like to know if anyone who frequently feels depressed or under a heavy cloud feels heavier with these. How much do they help with focus?

Dirty-paws
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 13
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gargoyles
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashpaw

I just stumbled across this thread after having my catoblepas companion with me for 2 years! I'd love to share my experience of being with him and he's given me the green flag if it will help others! So we'll call my friend 'M'.

I believe I have a tendency for DA, so I can't say I felt any sort of negative energy from M since his binding. I would describe his energy more like a weighted blanket; not heavy enough to hurt, but heavy enough to notice and to make you feel secure. I've never felt anything malicious from him, or aggressive in any way. Mostly M hangs in the background and does his own thing, but I know he keeps an eye out for me. I've had some rather unfortunate life events happen over the last year or 2, but I know M did the best he could to minimize the blow of these events. It could have been a lot worse! I've also noticed that my visualizations are a bit stronger when I am focusing on M.

As far as quirks, M enjoys ancient music from very old cultures (such as ancient Greeks and Egyptians). He doesn't seem bothered at all by the 12 other spirits in the family, and he seems to be a quiet, contemplative fellow.

I hope this helps!

0x. Ashpaw's House for Wayward Spirits. 0x.
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Wow, I'm shocked I never found this thread and posted in it.

One of the first groups of spirits I had CH conjure is a Catoblepas.

My impressions of him are much as the original post describes. Huge presence, really deep heavy energy. The first time I felt him was like feeling a huge overwhelming shadow push into my bedroom. Big, tusked and horned, but like a boar and cow altogether.

Telepathic communication with him is slow, heavy on empathy more than words, and it seems guttural and halting, like you might imagine a neanderthal trying to speak English. Very animalistic, yet very strong, anchoring, grounding, and willing to help with life goals. He is very much interested in my success.

I don't have specific stories, but that's been my experience with him.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”