Gaki

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

blezheng wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:17 pm ...
Perhaps you should make a thread for discussions regarding your experiences with your own Spirit Companions...? That's a lot of posts (10 in a row, actually) for a more Generalized thread. ^^;

blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

Muse wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:17 pm
blezheng wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:17 pm ...
Perhaps you should make a thread for discussions regarding your experiences with your own Spirit Companions...? That's a lot of posts (10 in a row, actually) for a more Generalized thread. ^^;
That's a great idea, thanks! Happy Holidays! :)

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals
Syrah
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: ET
If I could be anything, I would be...: Galactic Being
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I have always had an interest in Gakies but there was never a detailed experience until I read this thread! Thank you “blezheng”! Now I can know and imagine what it feels like having a Gaki, what to expect, and how to bond and task. Highly appreciate your posts. Keep us updated!

Shran/Shrek Fan since 2001.

10 partners in crime, 6 healers, 1 businessman & 1 wise teacher.

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” — The Little Prince.
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

SurajSyrah wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:43 am I have always had an interest in Gakies but there was never a detailed experience until I read this thread! Thank you “blezheng”! Now I can know and imagine what it feels like having a Gaki, what to expect, and how to bond and task. Highly appreciate your posts. Keep us updated!
Exactly why a spirit companion thread would be fun.
We could read all their posts in one place.
Gaki-central!

marsnymph
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: the faes
If I could be anything, I would be...: a fairy
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Fera
Zodiac:

Zarathustra wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:47 pm A mod removing my random special characters is funnier than them being there. Jolly good show, jolly good show. :applause:

In all seriousness, they tend to be uuuuuuugly. I assumed you would already know that if you're considering keeping them. Unless you're talking about something completely different, which is possible. Some Japanese words also represent spirits very different from what their Japanese meaning would imply in other cultures, like Baka. If you're talking about something else you should disregard everything I said. If not, you'll really want to look into these before you consider keeping them. People try to drive them away for good reasons.
I know it’s been literally 11 years since this comment was made but I feel so disgusted that someone would dare saying that about spirits that probably have way more knowledge that any of us livings do. I can’t believe this wasn’t removed it’s outrageous. I know it was in a certain context but there’s a way to say things and this isn’t it. Now when people are searching about having a new gaki companion in their life they will see this. Horrible. I hope no one took that seriously. Everyone has the right to want any kind of spirits in their keep and wanting a Gaki is a very valid and beautiful idea. I am happy that I don’t see any kind of comments like that on here often.

Fées, répandez partout la rosée sacrée des champs.♡ 333
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

marsnymph wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:52 am
I know it’s been literally 11 years since this comment was made but I feel so disgusted that someone would dare saying that about spirits that probably have way more knowledge that any of us livings do. I can’t believe this wasn’t removed it’s outrageous.
A decade ago, people weren't as sensitive as today's Western norms. Similar stuff is still said in non-Western cultures.
Not to mention many spirits have worse opinion about other races, if you ask them to be raw in expressing their opinion.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

marsnymph wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:52 am
Zarathustra wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:47 pm A mod removing my random special characters is funnier than them being there. Jolly good show, jolly good show. :applause:

In all seriousness, they tend to be uuuuuuugly. I assumed you would already know that if you're considering keeping them. Unless you're talking about something completely different, which is possible. Some Japanese words also represent spirits very different from what their Japanese meaning would imply in other cultures, like Baka. If you're talking about something else you should disregard everything I said. If not, you'll really want to look into these before you consider keeping them. People try to drive them away for good reasons.
I know it’s been literally 11 years since this comment was made but I feel so disgusted that someone would dare saying that about spirits that probably have way more knowledge that any of us livings do. I can’t believe this wasn’t removed it’s outrageous. I know it was in a certain context but there’s a way to say things and this isn’t it. Now when people are searching about having a new gaki companion in their life they will see this. Horrible. I hope no one took that seriously. Everyone has the right to want any kind of spirits in their keep and wanting a Gaki is a very valid and beautiful idea. I am happy that I don’t see any kind of comments like that on here often.
I see my Gaki spirit companion in a very positive way, without her energy and influence, I won't even be able to make 2 songs. She encouraged me strongly to revive a childhood dream that I forgot. I remembered I dreamed of her and she showed me a treasure chest and when we opened it, it was full of my poetry that I wrote. She told me: "chanter avec ces poèmes, ma chérie" which means sing with these poems, my dear in English. The Gaki that CH conjures I think can be anywhere because she has a French name and she usually communicates with me in French. Through her influence and power I think, I've already made a song using my 2 poems, which are The Other Me and recently, Magick Wand.

In my experience, Gakis are very strong motivators, they will strongly encourage you to take action for the better of your future. They can reveal to you what can you do in mundane life as well as help you reveal talents, skills and strengths that you didn't know you have all along and they can help you how to use these to gain more money, even fame, influence and power. They will even encourage you to take risks if they think it's necessary.

I'm very thankful to my Gaki from the very bottom of my heart for being a great influence to me until now. :)

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals
chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7

darkwing dook wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:45 pm A decade ago, people weren't as sensitive as today's Western norms. Similar stuff is still said in non-Western cultures.
Not to mention many spirits have worse opinion about other races, if you ask them to be raw in expressing their opinion.
I just want to agree with DK's words here and add some weight to them. My incubus has the absolute worst opinion about cambions, and they're partly his race, so to speak.

marsnymph
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: the faes
If I could be anything, I would be...: a fairy
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Fera
Zodiac:

chiasmox wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:42 pm
darkwing dook wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:45 pm A decade ago, people weren't as sensitive as today's Western norms. Similar stuff is still said in non-Western cultures.
I just want to agree with DK's words here and add some weight to them. My incubus has the absolute worst opinion about cambions, and they're partly his race, so to speak.
I understand what you’re both saying but it’s not because spirits or people are doing it that it’s okay. In my opinion though. I wouldn’t accept that kind of thing from my spirit companions, it’s a rule in my house to not be racist. There’s a way to say things. I would like to add that my spirits are really supporting of me welcoming a Gaki into my life even though they are all faes.

Fées, répandez partout la rosée sacrée des champs.♡ 333
chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7

marsnymph wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:01 pm I understand what you’re both saying but it’s not because spirits or people are doing it that it’s okay. In my opinion though. I wouldn’t accept that kind of thing from my spirit companions, it’s a rule in my house to not be racist. There’s a way to say things. I would like to add that my spirits are really supporting of me welcoming a Gaki into my life even though they are all faes.
I guess this is a matter of DA spirits and their duplicity. They aren't nice, not necessarily always at least, and they're definitely a responsibility. There will be things I won't agree with them on.

You have only WA spirits in your keep, right? I'm sure they would be supportive of your decisions. (:

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”