Ghul Jinn

Discussion of specific races of djinn.
Curiosity
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process

Are these guys as scary as people say they are?

I was disturbed by this description:

From Wikipedia:

"The ghoul is a desert-dwelling, shapeshifting demon that can assume the guise of an animal, especially a hyena. It lures unwary travellers into the desert wastes to slay and devour them. The creature also preys on young children, robs graves, drinks blood, and eats the dead[4] taking on the form of the one they previously ate. Because of the latter habit, the word ghoul is sometimes used to refer to an ordinary human such as a grave robber, or to anyone who delights in the macabre"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghul

How accurate are the islamic and pre-islamic descriptions of the djinn? It seems more often they're described as mischievous, trouble making savages to be feared.

Curiosity
new here
new here

Nyone? Sorry to bump.

Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

:wave: I don't know much about djinn, but from what I've been reading here and online, they are from different tribes, and each tribe has different character traits; some say that djinn are elementals, and more than likely there are evil jinn just like any other race of beings, humans included. I think they are known by different names, depending on the religion/beliefs of certain regions. However, I am by no means a scholar on the topic :ohcrap:

Yeong
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

No, they are not all scary and evil. I have one from Lisa, and he does have some white light in him. He is very loyal and doesn't twist words. He is a great friend and companion.

"I have crossed oceans of time to find you..."
azazello1
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2
Zodiac:

I just bought one. He calling me to his listing again and again, even after I bought it. And each time I think about him- I want to dance and sing.. Never happen to me before))). Pretty moody Jinn))) :dancing:

There is no teacher, there is no student, There is only remembering.
There is no good, there is no evil, There is only expression.
There is no union, there is no sharing, There is only one.
There is no joy, there is no sadness, There is only love.
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Every supposed spirit that is non-human is gonna be branded "Demon" Dont take the medias word for it. They have a mind and heart like we do. And the personality varies from entity regardless of tribe. Just know how to approach him and then start the bonding of mutual trust and respect.

Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Bumping for more information on this Jinn.

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe
AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

yeah it's an old thread but two cents:
i think you should always go with how YOU feel, when you are looking at a listing, or a description, or whatever..but different people and sellers will put a different spin on their descriptions according to their experiences and motivations.

for example, here is one description of ghul djinn: "Ghul djinn are for those associated with or not afraid of dark magick, as they are very powerful with a darker dual nature. Those who have never experienced the might of a true Ghul djinn are in for a wonderful surprise!

Djinn are dual in nature and are not considered to be of white magick. They are spirits of free will and are held accountable for their deeds, including the deeds performed during your control. Djinn appear to keepers in a recognizable form, typically a human or an animal. They also manifest themselves as lights, orbs, and sounds."

and yet another: "There are six major tribes of Djinn. Jinn are the most common, and
often interact with mortals. Jann often make their homes in oases in the
desert. Marid are few in number, but very powerful. They tend to live
near the coast. Ifrit are more common, and tend to be the hardest to
control, namely because they are so young. Their spiritual “cousins,” the Shaitan live in the mountains and underground. The Ghul are the most base and secretive of the Djinn, and pray to be part of this realm.

The Djinn can take many forms; of animals or people, and often do so when dealing with mortals. They are all capable of creating illusions and altering reality.
--
I get asked quite often, “Why do the Djinn want to help us in our
lives?”
The answer is quite amazing really, The Djinn, are from another realm.
They are very powerful but they are not from this world that we
know. Basically, it is a trade off. We give them the chance to experience
this world, to experience the beauty and all that we take for granted every
day. They in exchange, share their incredible powers with us. They give
us the ability to make life what we want it to be. The better our lives are,
the happier we are, the better the experience it is for them. It really is
amazing.

The bond between us and a spirit is so very special. It is a power that
you can feel, a power that you can see. A power that will allow us to
change every aspect of our lives! The only thing holding us back is ourselves.

Like the Ifrit, Ghul are the most secretive of all the spirits. Though they are very intelligent, they are incredibly hard to find since they stay so well hidden in their realm. They stalk the wastes between cities. However they are very superstitious. Ghul often appear as pilgrims in order to join caravans. They may also appear as whirlwinds or as vultures or as pleasant visions. Almost all Ghul are female and the males are highly honored. "

so i just threw these out there bc there are some who will market with a "scare" tactic or say something is a "demon" bc it draws more attention..or there are some who believe they are a form of demon... i don't have any ghul djinn but i have other djinn that i love here.

cheerz,

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

AmnesiaReminisced wrote:yeah it's an old thread but two cents:
i think you should always go with how YOU feel, when you are looking at a listing, or a description, or whatever..but different people and sellers will put a different spin on their descriptions according to their experiences and motivations.

for example, here is one description of ghul djinn: "Ghul djinn are for those associated with or not afraid of dark magick, as they are very powerful with a darker dual nature. Those who have never experienced the might of a true Ghul djinn are in for a wonderful surprise!

Djinn are dual in nature and are not considered to be of white magick. They are spirits of free will and are held accountable for their deeds, including the deeds performed during your control. Djinn appear to keepers in a recognizable form, typically a human or an animal. They also manifest themselves as lights, orbs, and sounds."

and yet another: "There are six major tribes of Djinn. Jinn are the most common, and
often interact with mortals. Jann often make their homes in oases in the
desert. Marid are few in number, but very powerful. They tend to live
near the coast. Ifrit are more common, and tend to be the hardest to
control, namely because they are so young. Their spiritual “cousins,” the Shaitan live in the mountains and underground. The Ghul are the most base and secretive of the Djinn, and pray to be part of this realm.

The Djinn can take many forms; of animals or people, and often do so when dealing with mortals. They are all capable of creating illusions and altering reality.
--
I get asked quite often, “Why do the Djinn want to help us in our
lives?”
The answer is quite amazing really, The Djinn, are from another realm.
They are very powerful but they are not from this world that we
know. Basically, it is a trade off. We give them the chance to experience
this world, to experience the beauty and all that we take for granted every
day. They in exchange, share their incredible powers with us. They give
us the ability to make life what we want it to be. The better our lives are,
the happier we are, the better the experience it is for them. It really is
amazing.

The bond between us and a spirit is so very special. It is a power that
you can feel, a power that you can see. A power that will allow us to
change every aspect of our lives! The only thing holding us back is ourselves.

Like the Ifrit, Ghul are the most secretive of all the spirits. Though they are very intelligent, they are incredibly hard to find since they stay so well hidden in their realm. They stalk the wastes between cities. However they are very superstitious. Ghul often appear as pilgrims in order to join caravans. They may also appear as whirlwinds or as vultures or as pleasant visions. Almost all Ghul are female and the males are highly honored. "

so i just threw these out there bc there are some who will market with a "scare" tactic or say something is a "demon" bc it draws more attention..or there are some who believe they are a form of demon... i don't have any ghul djinn but i have other djinn that i love here.

cheerz,
Thank you!

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe

Return to “Djinn Races”