active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I'm new to Djinn keeping and only recently added my first Djinn to my spirit family and was curious if other djinn keepers smell fragrance from their djinn...

Every so often a wave of the most beautiful fragrance wafts past me and then the fragrance vanishes...i have nothing that smells like it in my home so at first I couldn't work out what was causing it until I thought maybe it could be my Djinn? and the scent comes and then vanishes within seconds...

Do your Djinn manifest a scent? What does it mean when they do this?

furrybunny
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 22
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: zero

i wish they would make a scent. my dog has allergies so my room always smells musky haha. but lovely experience!

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Typically Djinn have a musk-like scent in general but they can also have a floral scent and I find this to be more apparent with Egyptian Djinn. With Norse Djinn there is more of a metallic/musk scent, but truly every Djinn can manifest with any fragrance they decide & their scent may also be a manifestation of something they want you to know, a feeling or emotion they want you to identify with, or simply something they appreciate.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
gentleangelwhisperer
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:Typically Djinn have a musk-like scent in general but they can also have a floral scent and I find this to be more apparent with Egyptian Djinn. With Norse Djinn there is more of a metallic/musk scent, but truly every Djinn can manifest with any fragrance they decide & their scent may also be a manifestation of something they want you to know, a feeling or emotion they want you to identify with, or simply something they appreciate.
Thanks Magnolia for your reply, when I was reading your reply I smelled it again briefly 1d

She is a Marid Djinn...what is the best way to find out if she is using the scent as a way to try and tell me something? 1h

furrybunny
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 22
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: zero

oh that makes me very happy if musk is a sign theyre there. because i have alot of djinns. thaank youu

The Snob
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of 'em
If I could be anything, I would be...: A billionaire
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
Zodiac:

It's funny you mention this, I've picked up a very unique jasmine-like scent from my first djinn.

dragynraken
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: DRAGON, ALL FOXES
If I could be anything, I would be...: HAREM GOD
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: DRAGYN RAKEN
Zodiac:

I smell daily mix floral every time I went back to my room. Some smell is really unique and I have ask the name of the floral before. I have google no such flower name on this planet.

Rose & strawberry I get mostly.

ImageImage
gentleangelwhisperer
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

dragynraken wrote:I smell daily mix floral every time I went back to my room. Some smell is really unique and I have ask the name of the floral before. I have google no such flower name on this planet.

Rose & strawberry I get mostly.
Yes that is how I would describe my Djinn scent...its a beautiful fragrance, but not like anything I have ever smelled before, its unique,I cant find how to describe it either,...it appears and wafts past me and then is gone and the room smells as it did before

Supernaut
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Phantosmia (olfactory hallucination) is something I've experienced a few times since I started keeping. I don't think it's something exclusive to djinn, but it makes sense that they would cause it more than other spirits since they're associated with smoke and vapor.

"For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside-down, therefore no wonder he hath enemies." - Gerrard Winstanley
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:Typically Djinn have a musk-like scent in general but they can also have a floral scent and I find this to be more apparent with Egyptian Djinn. With Norse Djinn there is more of a metallic/musk scent, but truly every Djinn can manifest with any fragrance they decide & their scent may also be a manifestation of something they want you to know, a feeling or emotion they want you to identify with, or simply something they appreciate.
This is very interesting! I have had a Norse Djinn with me since 2011, when he was conjured he showed up in my dream telling me how he would always be there to take care of me. I haven't really heard from him in ages but I have noticed that some days my bedroom seems to have a metallic-like smell and I have not been able to figure out what it is. It would be nice if it is his way of showing he's around.

Return to “Djinn / Genie”