neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Calling all those who have Djinn companions.

I find myself in a quandary.

I have yet to make a wish. I know they will grant it. They have made that known by simply altering my path to what they know is for my betterment. But this will be a special wish...

It will only be a wish for myself by proxy. My prime directive in this will be explained in the following history/explanation.

I've been with my company for 9 years. They have been good to me. I have known several supervisors in that time, but I have 3 that I will forever be loyal to. I have my reasons.

I loyally served them in a position that was not rewarding in the least. I suffered paycuts (that were across the board) and no end of political BS. So when an opportunity made itself available, I made a lateral transition which resulted in an equal position for same pay and less work. And was promptly rewarded by having my paycuts reinstated (meaning I got the money back).

I am an auditor, inspector, trainer and a technician and electrician. But my main facets now are auditor and trainer.

My boss's position was dissolved this morning. And oddly... I'm not concerned that my position or my place in the company is in danger. Someone recently arrived to their VP position... the son in law of the VP who moved to senior VP *cough* NEPOTISM *cough* who feels that he has something to prove. And is doing thusly by cutting his legs out from beneath himself.

One of my Djinn companions is chomping at the bit to be let loose on this matter. And even I am tempted to just "let her go". I know that karma or justice would be sufficient in this case. I'd consider only expediting the inevitable had I been the target.

But...

He went after an aspect of my work. Successfully taking a said amount of money from my family.

He went after my boss. Who is a mentor and a dear friend.

And he keeps making horribly bad decisions based solely on his appearance to his superiors.

And I am angry.

I'm hoping I will calm down and see reason. I'm hoping that I won't be rushed to make a wasted wish. But I want him to suffer the fall he deserves and more.

Not a death wish or physical harm or harm to his family... because that's just wrong. And he's the kind of guy that would just get a new wife and kids if they ever became inconvenient to his agenda.

Maybe I just needed to let this out. Maybe I just needed a soundwall. But I will make this wish this Saturday. I am just too angry to word it right this red hot.

How would my brethren/sistren Djinn companions word something like this?

I was thinking "I wish for *his name here*''s fall to be as swift and painful as possible and that said fall is impossible to break, prevent or reverse"

Opinions? Suggestions? Words of discouragement? Thanks in advance you guys.

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hello,

My first consideration is, how willing is your jinni to carry out the intent? She seems to be chomping at the bit and I'd rein her in while thinking about the wish. This is like crafting a spell where the intent is there but not the words. Write it well making it very clear in how you want it to go down.

My other consideration is to make it clear as to what, and how far, you want him to fall, what you mean by 'swift' as spirits may not understand time as we do. How much pain do you want to inflict on him? Sure he's a jerk but what do you really want? How about a wish for him to lose his job? Another consideration is that such a wish will affect people he knows. Do you want them harmed as well? Put safeguards in the wish to let your jinni know how far to go. Consider the ramifications of a wish and really think it through when you've calmed down.

How about a different way to handle the situation? Maybe a wish for him to reveal his true colours in the work place? Let people see him the way you see him.

Last but not least, are you willing to handle the consequences of such a wish? If the wish is badly phrased then it can happen but maybe not the way you intended for it to go down causing you to feel terrible. I'd omit the impossible to break, prevent or reverse part as that sounds like it'd affect him a lifetime.

That's my two cents and maybe others have a better idea about your wish than what I posted here.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

I think Whyme hit all the right considerations.

I would only add the specification that any time you wish or cast the intent for something to go away or be removed from a position, you should also cast the intent of what you wish to replace or fill the position once the other is removed.
This makes it necessary to choose the circumstances of your wish with what the empty space will be filled with in mind.
So, consider which sort of person you would prefer take this guy's place in the event they'd enter another, or else you could get someone even worse over your head.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

@Whyme

Yes. You're brilliant. And supremely helpful. The Djinn that is so eager to be loosed is very dark and a notorious word twister. But I love her dearly and she has brought no end of good into my life. I have strict house rules regarding wishes. They must be written and the page will be burned in ritual. To prevent them from leaping to fulfill my every desire.

I am a hothead and the only thing shorter than me, is my fuse. I know myself well, and I have taken measures to prevent unfortunate mishaps. I think you're right about the omission of that last bit. Though I'm loathe to admit it.

@Vipera
The thought never crossed my mind to include a replacement of said adversary. Though I think it would simply be best if his position were dissolved as my boss's position was. I'm almost positive it was invented just for him because of... you know... Nepotism.

I just think it's crappy. And I realize that I'm in a position to dole out retribution. It doesn't mean that I should. And it doesn't mean that i will. But it's gotta say something about my character that I'd be willing to wish for something like this instead of having an abundance of wealth.

I'm definitely gonna think about it for a while. At least until my newest Djinn companions' vessel shows up and I bond with them properly. So 2 months time, give or take.

I appreciate you guys weighing in and hope others will share their thoughts as well.

Monday is gonna be especially hard at the office

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hi,

I'm wondering if you have an update you might want to share?

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
LeilaNambinga
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Marid Djinns
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mystic
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Leila Nambinga
Zodiac:

You could say "I wish I get justice from *his name here* with not much harm to me" I see you want justice and also you want a justice that is satisfyingly pleasurable for you. Hope this helps.

Debbereye
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: too soon to tell
If I could be anything, I would be...: too soon to tell
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: I don't have one yet

I'm new to spirit keeping and have four new spirits on the way, with my first, a female marid djinn, scheduled to arrive on Monday. She has already appeared to me in a dream on the day that her vessel was posted.

Do you mind my asking how you established "house rules?" I was thinking I would need to do the same thing; i.e., establish how she would know I've made an "official" wish as opposed to a hotheaded wish calling evil down on someone, which of course I would never want to happen. I was thinking of laying out the way such as saying her name three times, then formally stating the wish, which I will read off a piece of paper, and then putting the paper in her charging box. Perhaps putting it in her charging box for 3 days and then burning it. Something like that. Or do you think that's too busy? ;*D

Did you establish the house rules at the time of your welcoming your djinn? I would think it would be the first thing you'd want to do.

LeilaNambinga
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Marid Djinns
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mystic
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Leila Nambinga
Zodiac:

I agree, house rules are important. I even gave my djinn and he is great at keeping them. I even think he is a Noble Djinn what an amazing honour, I still don't want him to be a Pariah and I bet he is impressed with my writing skills in definitions and also what I did with Dragon Balls Super, Sinbad from Magi:Labyrinth of Magic and Megas XLR💖👑💜💖

Return to “Djinn / Genie”