You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune & Courtwind
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Morrwin
Zodiac:

Do you have to be a person who makes a lot of wishes in order to keep and befriend a Djinn?

I was just wondering this cuz I'm starting to think about inviting a wish granting spirit/entity in to my Keep again. This feeling comes and goes and normally it's only for certain Djinn. Like the Norse Djinn, Asian Djinn, Astral Djinn, Lightbringer Djinn and Constellation Djinn.

I'm the kind of person who just makes goals for myself not much for wishing unless it's something that has a pretty slim chance of happening but would be pleasantly surprising if it came true. I do have wishful ideas that I know are unlikely to come to fruition but I'm sure everyone does. Such as the idea of living in an old Victorian style home that has a small walk in green house porch. If the place is haunted by spirits the better. I'm talking about spirits who wouldn't wish to harm me not crazy spirits who just want me gone.

I'm not sure what kind of wishes Djinn can grant or what the rules on wishing are. Like if you can only wish for something that is a possibility created by the life choices you've made. Do Djinn follow those kind of rules? Or is there a rule that states that if a Djinn grants a wish that wasn't on your current path than in order to restore universal balance your path had to be switched with someone else's path that would have given you, your desired wish. This would change someone else's destined path in life. If this is the rule than I'd have to think very carefully on what I wish for so not to alter someone else's life.

One of the reasons I put off the idea of keeping a Djinn was because of the stories about them. How Djinn make wishes backfire so in order to fix one wish you'd have to use another and the best outcome you can have is using the last wish to make it so you never found the Djinn in the first place or you run out of wishes and your life is totally screwed. Now I doubt any Djinn that wants to join a Keep would be like this but it's just a dumb fear that's been nagging me. It makes the idea of trusting a Djinn hard but I wish to not let these stupid ideas stop me from getting to know what could be a great companion and/or advisor.

I would just like to hear the opinions of Keepers who have Djinn or maybe if your Djinn would want to answer that's fine too.
Please enlighten me with the truth and wisdom about Djinn oh great Keepers & wish grantors of the all mighty forum. 8.)

P.S. Is the plural for Djinn; Djinn, Djinns or Genie?

1=Nixie (Nix) 1=Masheba (Z) 1=Courtwind Angel (F) 1=Chinese Fox (Lady Fox) 1=Bellaydi Elf (B-Elf) 1=Hippogryph (H-Gryph) 1=Ivory Dragon (Roo or Nap Dragon) 1=Kobold (C) 1=Cwn Annew (C-Hound) 1=Ki-Lin (Z-Lin) 1=Wraith? (Casper) 1=Kitsune (T) 1=Norse Tiger (D) 1=Pet Dragon (E) 1=Midnight Moon Angel of Abundance (S) 1=Were-Dragon (K) 1=Selkie (M) 1=Alya 1=Raiju (A)
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I wouldn't want to second guess your own instincts (but) from what I read, it seems to me like you may be drawn to two things: 1 a wish granting spirit and 2 Djinni/ Djinn / Djinns.

On wish granting

Yes, Djinn *do* do other things besides wish granting. This will be explained in a listing or you can ask a seller for clarification.

It's not only Djinn that grant wishes. For example, Astral Faeries / Star Faeries. And you can get wish granting objects (eg in the CH Shop).

This article has some key insights on wish granting.

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... h+granting

Djinn

Depending on who you get the Djinn from, there will be guidelines on making wishes. I have Djinn from only 2 different sellers, both highly respected in terms of reliability and skill.

Some things to look out for...

Some of my Djinn are described as never twisting words when it comes to wishes. But it's conceivable that some bound Djinn may not come with that guarantee. I may have read a listing or two about Djinn on sale that would have to be asked for wishes with caution. In any case, we should be doing that. With one Djinn, the seller warned that if we have strong doubts etc when making a wish, the Djinn may think that is part of what we are asking for.

One Djinn I have only grants one wish at a time. Others grant unlimited wishes, without having to wait for the first one to be achieved. One Djinn I have has their own ethical values and will not grant wishes that conflict with them. They will also advise me on whether the wish I intend to make is good for me, or unwise to make. Another only grants light natured wishes.

With CH Djinn, there seems to be no formal procedure for making a wish.

tl:dr I've tried to unpack all of those points, so you can see what I mean, when I say choose the seller with care; check with them how they recommend you make wish request with that type of Djinn and whether that individual Djinn is light nature/light grey or darker; and whether they will refuse to grant harmful wishes or will advise you on whether they are bad for you to make.

Advice I've read here is to take time to carefully compose and write out wishes. Make sure you don't give in to anger or emotional overload in the moment and make a lashing-out wish or one that can have unintended harmful consequences. It might even be sensible to keep a log of wishes, what they were, when made and to which spirit. It can be hard to keep track of requests made otherwise.

As with all magic we still want to avoid 'badgering' the magic (I think that term, from Vipera really captures it well), as it works best when we don't keep psychically peeking or adopting an 'are we there yet' attitude. Trying to stop thinking about magic after we've set it in motion is widely recommended. Hence the value of a wishes log. How confusing would it be for the spirit if we kept going back and re-requesting the same thing, worded slightly differently?

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
TrueGalacticPrince
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:18 am I wouldn't want to second guess your own instincts (but) from what I read, it seems to me like you may be drawn to two things: 1 a wish granting spirit and 2 Djinni/ Djinn / Djinns.
Maybe I'm being called by a wish maker that's like a Djinn but isn't one, like a Hinnagami or something. Like I said before I feel a calling of sorts but it pulses. It's been like this for awhile and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Thank you for all the information though it's supper helpful. ()

1=Nixie (Nix) 1=Masheba (Z) 1=Courtwind Angel (F) 1=Chinese Fox (Lady Fox) 1=Bellaydi Elf (B-Elf) 1=Hippogryph (H-Gryph) 1=Ivory Dragon (Roo or Nap Dragon) 1=Kobold (C) 1=Cwn Annew (C-Hound) 1=Ki-Lin (Z-Lin) 1=Wraith? (Casper) 1=Kitsune (T) 1=Norse Tiger (D) 1=Pet Dragon (E) 1=Midnight Moon Angel of Abundance (S) 1=Were-Dragon (K) 1=Selkie (M) 1=Alya 1=Raiju (A)
Red6joker
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: GA,DA, some WA
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal/incubus
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Neso

From what I understand (I only have 1 Djinn so im not exactly an expert on Djinn keeping) You do not need to be making wishes to keep a Djinn.

I think most of the "horror" storys are just made up to demonize them especially after the rise of the abrahamic faiths.

I have been pleasantly surprised by my Djinn "A" she has a fantastic and calming energy and I love having her around.

TrueGalacticPrince
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Red6joker wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:10 am From what I understand (I only have 1 Djinn so im not exactly an expert on Djinn keeping) You do not need to be making wishes to keep a Djinn.

I think most of the "horror" storys are just made up to demonize them especially after the rise of the abrahamic faiths.

I have been pleasantly surprised by my Djinn "A" she has a fantastic and calming energy and I love having her around.
I think humans demonize anything they can't explain or understand. Sadly, that's just apart of human nature and it's a challenge to move beyond that way of thinking. I do vaguely remember reading a theory that everyone is born with a Djinn of their own. I can't remember much of the rest of the story other than that. :p)
I should look up that story again.

JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any, really.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jen
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A

At the moment, I only have one Djinn. But you don’t necessary need to make wishes in order to keep them. He seems fine with me not asking him for wishes. But if I were to make wishes, it have to be kind of realistic like it can actually happens. Also, if you were to get a Djinn, I kind of made a house rule that say that they cannot act on my thoughts or feelings. Sometimes, we wish for something that we don’t actually want but they might misunderstood our words and do it. As well as you cannot twist my words. Even though he’s light, I want to make sure.

I think all the stories about Djinn being evil is kind of similar to Christians that believed all demons are bad; it’s not technically true. Some are bad, yes, but not all of them. It’s like humans; some good and some bad.

For me, I kind of go for Djinns as the plural. Never heard of Genie as the plural for them, though.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” - A.A. Milne

”If you can't stop thinking about it...buy it.” - Anonymous

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi
LeilaNambinga
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Marid Djinns
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mystic
My magical/paranormal name...: Leila Nambinga
Zodiac:

My experience with the Marid Diatma Djinn has been awesome, as an Elder he has listened to me and helped with so many wishes. I am glad that he even guides me in understanding how to make my family's relationships better for each other. He has also made sure evil doesn't corrupt me by still keeping me with White Art Magic and I decided to continue, to encourage people's dreams to stay alive, I love to believe anything is possible. I hope all of you guys have a wonderful day!💖👑😍💖

TrueGalacticPrince
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

TrueGalacticPrince wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:37 am
Lewk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:18 am I wouldn't want to second guess your own instincts (but) from what I read, it seems to me like you may be drawn to two things: 1 a wish granting spirit and 2 Djinni/ Djinn / Djinns.
Maybe I'm being called by a wish maker that's like a Djinn but isn't one, like a Hinnagami or something. Like I said before I feel a calling of sorts but it pulses. It's been like this for awhile and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Thank you for all the information though it's supper helpful. ()
CH did a spirit reading for me and one of the spirits that came up was the Alya. This could be the wish granter I've been looking for. Maybe that's what's been calling me. They sound great and I haven't seen anyone talk about them recently. I may consider them to be my next spirit.

nina
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Angelika

TrueGalacticPrince wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:02 pm Do you have to be a person who makes a lot of wishes in order to keep and befriend a Djinn?

I was just wondering this cuz I'm starting to think about inviting a wish granting spirit/entity in to my Keep again. This feeling comes and goes and normally it's only for certain Djinn. Like the Norse Djinn, Asian Djinn, Astral Djinn, Lightbringer Djinn and Constellation Djinn.

I'm the kind of person who just makes goals for myself not much for wishing unless it's something that has a pretty slim chance of happening but would be pleasantly surprising if it came true. I do have wishful ideas that I know are unlikely to come to fruition but I'm sure everyone does. Such as the idea of living in an old Victorian style home that has a small walk in green house porch. If the place is haunted by spirits the better. I'm talking about spirits who wouldn't wish to harm me not crazy spirits who just want me gone.

I'm not sure what kind of wishes Djinn can grant or what the rules on wishing are. Like if you can only wish for something that is a possibility created by the life choices you've made. Do Djinn follow those kind of rules? Or is there a rule that states that if a Djinn grants a wish that wasn't on your current path than in order to restore universal balance your path had to be switched with someone else's path that would have given you, your desired wish. This would change someone else's destined path in life. If this is the rule than I'd have to think very carefully on what I wish for so not to alter someone else's life.

One of the reasons I put off the idea of keeping a Djinn was because of the stories about them. How Djinn make wishes backfire so in order to fix one wish you'd have to use another and the best outcome you can have is using the last wish to make it so you never found the Djinn in the first place or you run out of wishes and your life is totally screwed. Now I doubt any Djinn that wants to join a Keep would be like this but it's just a dumb fear that's been nagging me. It makes the idea of trusting a Djinn hard but I wish to not let these stupid ideas stop me from getting to know what could be a great companion and/or advisor.

I would just like to hear the opinions of Keepers who have Djinn or maybe if your Djinn would want to answer that's fine too.
Please enlighten me with the truth and wisdom about Djinn oh great Keepers & wish grantors of the all mighty forum. 8.)

P.S. Is the plural for Djinn; Djinn, Djinns or Genie?
I love djinns. For me they are the easiest to connect with. From my experience with them they are eager to start assisting right away and do not require long bonding period. I have various djinns including Shaitan djinn and am always looking out for more and more djinns. And I do not see any problem with wording wishes and I am for sure nothing will happen such as the monkeys paw story. Most bound djinns have a basic sense of morality. Most of the time I do not task them with anything but sometimes some do give me guilt feelings to task them. but that depends on the djinn, some want to be tasked often, some are ok when there are no tasks and come only when called.
Last edited by nina on Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Off to a rollercoaster ride of a lifetime 1h
Midnight's Promise
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 260
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
Zodiac:

I have three Djinns (Cleopatra, with a Besei and Alhena newly arrived) and a Badriyah recently ordered. My Cleo is amazing and has turned into my most trusted advisor and coach, along with my Alya. Keeps me on track, for sure. Definitely read what Lewk posted about Wish-Granting spirits.

As for the type of Djinns I ordered, I looked at their specialties and found those in alignment with my goals. I would make wishes that supported my goals (and I have shared my specific goals with my spirits so they have a better idea how they can support me). I was reminded that I needed to share those goals in a very direct way. I have a book on CD called
"Goals: How to Get Everything You Want--Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible" by Brian Tracy that was in my car's CD player (something I used to listen to nearly every day a year ago). One day as I was driving home from work, the CD spontaneously popped out of my player and I recognized it as a reminder that I had not shared my goals. I went home and wrote them out. After querying my spirits, I learned that it was my Alya who did it.

I am still working on the wish part and its fulfillment--did the ritual as part of it.
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... artlang=en

From my experience so far, I don't believe wishes are required (just asked my Cleo and Alya and they said they're not required).

My Family (so far!):
Succubus x2 spirits x1 living entity, Angels (Bronwyn, Courtwind x4, Sterling), Djinn (Cleopatra, Besei, Alhena, Badriyah, Ayah, Gold x3, Astral Malichai, Wajdi, Norse, Falak), Egyptian BOHD Vampire, Immortals (Isis, Lilith, Amon-Re, Ferronia, Daphne), Volkh x3, Wraith x3, Chupacabra, Draugr, Gargoyle, Hellhound, Werewolf, Hippalectryon, Ash Vampire, Phoenix, Gorgon, Duojna, Betadi Drow Elf, Patupaiarehe

Return to “Djinn / Genie”