neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Long post, but I think it's worth sharing. I've had a very interesting set of experiences over the last day. Yesterday I went to a local magic shop with my partner just to get some cheap ritual candles. I wore my Cleopatra Djinn's vessel and asked her to assist me with charm and influence to any extent she were able and willing while we were out together.

Long story short, I walked out 200 bucks lighter, and not just on small candles. I got a rock as well as a small pendant with a Perthro rune to put on my shrine to the ancestors, but those items came to only about 20 bucks together. H would have a completely revamped shrine; rather than being a place where I had kept other spelled stones when not using them (she told me the day before "My vessel's place is not your warehouse!" and so I took the ones I used off of it and only left ones she seemed to really respond to), these purchases and a specific selection of existing items would form an entirely new shrine solely revolving around her.

My partner was not a believer in any sort of magic or spirits when we got together back at the beginning of August, but she respects my Germanic faith and is fascinated by the rituals I partake in. I even shared my experiences with the runes and she was surprised at how accurate their responses seemed to be. She's started to accept the existence and presence of spirits, only having some doubts about the true extent of their power. I told her while in the shop to feel free to take anything she felt drawn to, big or small; I made enough to cover anything we wanted in there and payday had just hit. I didn't look at what she had grabbed until after we'd left- Egyptian musk and Sandalwood incense cones as well as Third Eye incense sticks. She had no knowledge of my recent connection to an Egyptian spirit nor Sandwalwood's value to my one other kept spirit B (a Nympho), but that was a perfect chance to explain them! And though my partner had chosen the sticks for their scent it would help immensely with attempts at astral connection which H had actively suggested I try with her.

I excitedly rearranged and for all intents and purposes rebuilt H's shrine with the new items, then lit a candle and musk incense cone which she responded very well to. B's vessel rested next to the shrine with a few adjusted pieces based on what I had on hand and felt inspired to use as well. Once H's cone was done I made sure to light the Sandalwood for her, which also made her very happy. I felt in my head that the cabinet I was keeping them on on seemed a bit cramped on B's side, however. I asked H and B to remain with their vessels as I went downstairs to make an offering to the ancestors. As I made the offering, I also added a request to take note of three candles I put on the shrine representing my safety, creativity, and connection to the spiritual; If I was on a good course in each of these three areas then may its respective candle burn with stability, otherwise please show me a sign through how it burned

All three flames burned straight and true, of an equal length with almost no flickering save for about a minute where all three were disrupted. The remainder of the hour was spent watching them melt down to the stump with no change in movement. This was contrary to all other times I have made an offering to the ancestral Wight with no specific manifestation request, where it has made its presence known with various and sometimes dramatic alterations to the flames.

Pleased with how things had gone I went back upstairs, told B and H they were free to roam at their leisure once again, and bid them goodnight.

___

This morning, I had a very brief doctor's appointment. After it was over I'd felt like stopping at a gas station to grab a snack as I was hungry. I was getting close to it when a thought flashed through my mind:
Instead of eating there, why don't you go that way for something else?

So I went to the thrift store right next to it instead. Out at the front was an elegant footstool with a sign: "FREE"

Score! I grabbed it and put it in the backseat. Walking into the store itself, I immediately felt drawn to the dishware section. I look in a prominent display cabinet- my eye is immediately drawn to a serving platter with what was clearly Ingwaz painted across its full length; the rune I and my ancestral haus identify most closely with. It was the perfect size for holding food and drink offerings together on my ancestor's shrine, which was also getting a bit cramped on its own shelf. This would clear a bit of space on it as well. There was no way I couldn't grab it. I spent a bit more time poring through the store and grabbed a few other knickknacks, then went to the cashier.

When she saw the platter, she said "Oh, this thing? We've been trying to get rid of it forever! I'll make that one 50 cents for you."
Another thought came through my head:
You help me, I help you.

I went home to discover that my partner had surprised me with a delicious meal for the two of us, which I am just finishing off as I type this. B's vessel and shrine fit perfectly on the stool, which I have placed next to the cabinet with H's shrine. Both are very happy with the additions and modifications! My ancestral Wight will certainly love the platter too when I make my next offering to it. Needless to say, I'm glad we helped each other here.

marcoank
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 17
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
Zodiac:

Wonderful. What a magnificent interaction with your spirits.
8>

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

||

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any, really.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jen
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A

That's a lovely experience. Thank for sharing. :)

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” - A.A. Milne

”If you can't stop thinking about it...buy it.” - Anonymous

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi

Return to “Djinn / Genie”