Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Let's put aside the theory that Jim staged his death & he is happily living somewhere else and just examine the mystery circumstances surrounding his death in Paris, France.

He went from being a major sex symbol in Rock 'N' Roll to being a seriously detached man found in a bathtub in Paris, dead, with evidence he had been coughing up blood. How did he go from being on top to a crashing halt? Sadly, such is the story of several 1970s music contributors and the death of Jim Morrison at 27 is no different.

He left the Doors in 1971 moving to Paris with his girlfriend Pamela Courson. He had a short-lived, famous career with the Doors going from 1967-1971 in the limelight when "Light My Fire" took off like a musical rocket.

There's no doubt Jim was all about sex, drugs, alcohol & good times... and LOTS of each. Did his live fast & die hard lifestyle manifest?

What we do know is the French police filed his death as being found in the bathtub by Pamela, it was evident he had been coughing up blood, there was no sign of a struggle and no reason to suspect foul play. I have to say "shame, shame" to the French police because Pamela told them Jim NEVER did drugs (um, :ohcrap: ) and they didn't bother to run a tox screen on him to even rule out death by overdose as a possibility... (remind me never to die in France, especially by murder)...

However, being a drug-head herself Pamela came out later with variations of what was going on the last days of Jim's life and they all included alcohol & drugs. Including one recount where she said Morrison had been drinking to excess all day followed by a night of snorting heroin that he mistook for cocaine. She said she fell asleep while Jim god into the bathtub & died of internal bleeding. She even when as far as to later say publicly that she had killed Jim because she let all the partying go on.

But the intrigue around his death doesn't end there. Aside from Pamela's multiple, varying accounts of how he died the public came up with one of their own. It has been said that Jim was seen in the Left Bank club the night he died and he had been partying with drugs & alcohol all night when he died of an overdose & the club's owners took him back to his apartment to avoid bad press & possibly being held liable for his death.

There are only one truth in the whole, sad affair... we'll never know what really happened to Jim Morrison.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

another great thread that makes us use our brain magnolia! as for the truth surrounding those last days in paris for this legend? sounds like pamela can't even get those last days straight let alone anyone else. jim morrison was a true rock and roll legend - alcohol, drugs, sex and rock n' roll, he was a master with the look, he had the pout that drove women crazy and for some reason i get the impression he was looking for so much more than he ever found. cheers to jim! take care, arsine :wave: :hug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Personally, I think Pamela didn't know anything that was going on inside his head (as exemplified by so many musicians, they tend to keep the most intimate thoughts to themselvs). In saying that, who knows what could have gone on. Sometimes I feel like they should re-open cases like these. Reminds me of Sid and Nancy. Nancy corrupted Sid with heroin, Sid apparently killed Nancy. But then there's the whole fact that their apartment was broken into, which was later revealed to have probably been done by a drug dealer - so what if the drug dealer murdered Nancy while Sid was asleep (as they were both in bed at the time). What if Sid was so disoriented that he just believed he must have done it, he had a sensitive soul and seemed to break down easily - it isn't too farfetched to believe that he assumed the responsibility for it even if it wasn't his fault. There are so many unanswered questions regarding Rock legend deaths. Jim Morrison was an amazing musician (and poet for that matter), and it was really sad to see him turn up the way he did. I think he was heading on a downslope either way due to his party habits, but I am not exactly sure what killed him in terms of specification.

Nazza
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nature spirits

People who supposedly have everything. Out of touch with reality/soul?

Seems to be a lot of this sort of thing - Michael Hutchinson (INXS), Kurt Cobain, Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson, Brittany Murphy, just to name a few, famous people dying in strange circumstances at a young age. Drugs, eating/sleeping disorders, painkillers, alcohol, plastic surgery, self-harm.

I don't 'get it'. Maybe Richard Gere should start a meditation group for lost and wayward stars?

MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I wish they would of tested him for drugs and such.
From what I know and read, he hated Heroin. It really upset him when Pamela did it, that is why he torched her house.
I think it was to much drinking. His body could not take it any more.
I think they were soul mates, she passed away soon after he did.
Just sad.
I agree Nazza, we are losing too many talented people at a young age.

“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

It was a different time. Drugs did not have the stigma they do now. Not too much earlier LSD was actually legal.
Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Al Wilson (Canned Heat) all died in close proximity (time wise) to one another. Alcohol and barbituates were
the drug of choice, but herion was pretty new on the scene, and it wasn't known for the killer we know it today.

It was pretty widely accepted that Joplin, Hendrix and Wilson died from herion od, a particulairly strong, uncut batch on the street.
I've heard, and wouldn't be surprised if Morrison did not die from herion as well. In fact, that was always my take on his death, although
his known alcohol/barbituate problem was equally as dangerous.

The world was a different place in the late 60's and early 70's. But there for the grace of God go I..................

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Princess:LadyRedStar
venerated member
venerated member
If I could be anything, I would be...: None-fine as I am
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Red Star
Zodiac:

Wiccan Warrior Alex wrote:It was a different time.
The world was a different place in the late 60's and early 70's. But there for the grace of God go I..................
Amen Alex

Brightest Blessings

Remember the ancient ways...they hold the key to the power within[/color][/list]
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

nazza, you bring up a great point sweetie! could it be the genius in these talents could have led to their early demise? as i said, great thread! take care all, arsine :wave: :hug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Gnaghi
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 0

Greetings All,

Magnolia you guys held a seance with Jim didn't you? Maybe this would be a good place to post the notes if you have them, I would love to see them, I was obsessed with Morrison and the Doors for most of high school.

To Jim, the sixteenth incarnation of Dionysus
:hug:
Gnaghi

Gna
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

I grew up listening to his music, but I discovered his poetry when I got a little older. The insight of his words, stripped down, really touched me during the tumult of adolescence.

The book; No One Here Gets Out Alive by Jerry Hopkins and Danny Sugerman is an fairly engaging read if you're interested in the subject.

The time lapse between when he was declared dead and when Pamela notified anyone, the missing doctor that signed the death certificate, the sealed casket...

I suspect that all the confusion and uncertaintly would have been exactly the legacy Jim would have wanted; leaving everyone with just a shred of doubt, the idea that Mr. Mojo Rising could still be out there.

Return to “Unsolved Mysteries”