Are black dragons typically ornery?

User avatar
Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:33 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 10
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Re: Are black dragons typically ornery?

Post by Kobald »

Thanks for this Post and Topic. It was very interesting to read.
The Black Dragon in my Family does tend to be moody, or I do mistake his intense attentiveness for being moody as this one seems to be on "guard duty" every waking minute (well... the Task of this Black Dragon is Guarding and Protection, so....).

With this one I do not have or did have boundry or attitude-issues, besides him being bored sometimes. The more I reflect upon his behaviour, the more fascinating he becomes when I compare with "my" other Dragons....

In your case I can imagine, that "giving an order" is already something she maybe felt irritated by? Did you ask her also if its okay to be tasking her in the Form of giving orders?

I for myself would feel reluctant to fulfill given orders from someone I do not see as Fit for being my spuperior inside of a Group. And some may feel that someone who gives Orders puts the one who receives that Order underneath that Person...
But to be clear: Thats only my Point of View and I am fairly sure you did not mean it in the Way I described it when you talked about "giving Orders" :)


"See the mist of the world through the curtain"

User avatar
mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:37 am
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 80
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: ☯️ Aqua Fractalyne ☯️

Re: Are black dragons typically ornery?

Post by mochi.icecream »

ASTER wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:15 am
I never do offering on demand. I take it to heart what's in the encyclopaedy. Black dragon's not given offering. Other beings offered some things but I want to choose what I can and when I give it to them. I won't give into demand. I don't demand my beings to do things for me either.
mochi.icecream wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:23 am
ASTER wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:31 am
Yeah, this type QUESTIONING!!! That is a black dragon thing. My awesome black dragon is sensitive and intense. He wants to be tasked and then live it alone from my part. He expects total trusting in his leadership. Which, I frankly give it to him. Then both of us rest in peace....at night. Its happened in the past, he had to be placed outside in my car, if he couldn't regulate himself and he was too intense. But he is great now and I am sleeping with his vessel.

Black Dragons would read human energy within a blinking of an eye. They know things about us especially our fears. They are dark art for a reason. They want you to change your energy to be more commanding and do not fear her. Respect her and know that little about them, they can handle far more than a human is ever be capable of.

So, own your binding, your black dragon and her power. She chose you for a reason and start making sense to her without power struggles. Be firm and friendly, trust her and respect her amazing capacities. Get to know her as a human who command respect from the realms for yourself, and in return give her your trust to work together on tasks that usually you can't really handle. Think of a Doberman, who needs constant stimulus and they are powerful guards.

Black Dragon is non social but that is NOT antisocial. There is a vast difference. They need their alone time. They are direct and love being ACKNOWLEDGED and tasked. No offering for a black dragon. But I inviteted him to take up residence in my car to be his personal dungeons.
This is good to know, thank you. So they don't really expect offerings? I think she indicated she would mind being given some, but she doesn't demand them as payment like some of my other companions do. My Beyllaydi Elf in particular wants regular offerings, which I'm inclined to give her, of course, and so does my Golden Djinn. I'll have to figure out some way of showing my dragon how much I value her and her abilities :)
That's really interesting. I figure since many of my companions are expending energy to assist me, if they ask for something, I have a duty to provide for them as best as I'm able. I havent had anybody take advantage of me for it. I see it as maintaining a healthy relationship.


Pronouns: they/them
Digital artist, nature-lover, cat and dog parent 💖

495

User avatar
Lonikh
neophyte
neophyte
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun May 24, 2020 2:59 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lonik

Re: Are black dragons typically ornery?

Post by Lonikh »

I have a Black dragon too E is very straight forward doesn't sugar coat anything and likes to manifest as large shades. He likes to remind me that he doesn't like hugs at all (i always imagine giving hugs to all my companions to show them that i love them and respect them) even the slightest sign of affection is like trying to bathe an angry cat he is trying to get away.Many times i have called his name for protection and in dreams and responded. Now the thing with tasking a black dragon. Mine is ancient pretty old i have never commanded him only asked him to help me if he wanted and could with some tasks after that i never asked him if he completed it or not,also i asked him if i did commanded him what he would do and he was like oooooooooooofffffffffff pissed off. So yea command at your own risk 😝.


Follow your heart till it bleeds as we run towards the end of the dream. 8*8

User avatar
ASTER
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:59 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 93
Spelled Number: 90
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel,Dragon,Faeries
If I could be anything, I would be...: Bronwyn, Cherub, Arc
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Re: Are black dragons typically ornery?

Post by ASTER »

mochi.icecream wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:52 pm
ASTER wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:15 am
I never do offering on demand. I take it to heart what's in the encyclopaedy. Black dragon's not given offering. Other beings offered some things but I want to choose what I can and when I give it to them. I won't give into demand. I don't demand my beings to do things for me either.
mochi.icecream wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:23 am
ASTER wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:31 am
Yeah, this type QUESTIONING!!! That is a black dragon thing. My awesome black dragon is sensitive and intense. He wants to be tasked and then live it alone from my part. He expects total trusting in his leadership. Which, I frankly give it to him. Then both of us rest in peace....at night. Its happened in the past, he had to be placed outside in my car, if he couldn't regulate himself and he was too intense. But he is great now and I am sleeping with his vessel.

Black Dragons would read human energy within a blinking of an eye. They know things about us especially our fears. They are dark art for a reason. They want you to change your energy to be more commanding and do not fear her. Respect her and know that little about them, they can handle far more than a human is ever be capable of.

So, own your binding, your black dragon and her power. She chose you for a reason and start making sense to her without power struggles. Be firm and friendly, trust her and respect her amazing capacities. Get to know her as a human who command respect from the realms for yourself, and in return give her your trust to work together on tasks that usually you can't really handle. Think of a Doberman, who needs constant stimulus and they are powerful guards.

Black Dragon is non social but that is NOT antisocial. There is a vast difference. They need their alone time. They are direct and love being ACKNOWLEDGED and tasked. No offering for a black dragon. But I inviteted him to take up residence in my car to be his personal dungeons.
This is good to know, thank you. So they don't really expect offerings? I think she indicated she would mind being given some, but she doesn't demand them as payment like some of my other companions do. My Beyllaydi Elf in particular wants regular offerings, which I'm inclined to give her, of course, and so does my Golden Djinn. I'll have to figure out some way of showing my dragon how much I value her and her abilities :)
That's really interesting. I figure since many of my companions are expending energy to assist me, if they ask for something, I have a duty to provide for them as best as I'm able. I havent had anybody take advantage of me for it. I see it as maintaining a healthy relationship.
Yes, that is great. We are aiming for the same thing, differently. I give my time and spending time with, inviting them to come alone with me anywhere I go. I bought things for them, as the time goes by for birthdays and anniversary. It's my first year, so I don't know how the experts are doing it. I use their associations. I am loaded with crystals that was offered to them and I bought dragon tinker boxes for my mystical companions. But all is done by free will. I have Angel and Fae herbals that I sprinkle on their little figurines on my bed shelf where they are set up. I like buying figurines of them that represent their corners. I do herbs the same for my 4 tower Watchers with candle 🕯 offering during full moon. So I do a lot of things. I have a special dish outside for my immortals when it's time for offering during new moons. I spontaneously place beautiful things into their little dish and pray. None of my companions ever needed anything more to ASK me for specifically, then I freely able to have time for and I can afford to do during our daily chatting /messages sessions. I'll be continuing to listen if there's anything else needed. But I'll do nothing on demand for anyone.



User avatar
AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:55 pm
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D

Re: Are black dragons typically ornery?

Post by AlexCzernosech »

There is a fair difference between giving offerings and recharging. I've seen different explanations from keepers for why it's not recommended by the encyclopedia to give black dragons offerings, and it seems like it's a split between "they don't need/want them" and "they get greedy/demanding". My black dragon is in the latter camp; though I have given him one or two offerings in the years I've had him (a black dragon figure that looks a lot like him), as long as I don't boost his ego too much, he doesn't give me too many boundary issues. In terms of him expending energy on tasks however, I do recharge his vessel, either in moonlight or on the charging cluster I got as a freebie from CH. If you have charging energy added to the binding already, then they should be taken care of in perpetuity. Offerings are more a bonding thing than a charging thing.

Perhaps ask your black dragon how to best show your appreciation, and if they say they don't need it, it would be best to trust them at their word, though a heartfelt "thank you" generally never goes amiss. More affection than that may not be too welcome, based on the individual's preferences. :b Another black dragon I have that came attached to a crystal I bought (so not from CH) is more open to affection and not nearly as moody.



User avatar
mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:37 am
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 80
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: ☯️ Aqua Fractalyne ☯️

Re: Are black dragons typically ornery?

Post by mochi.icecream »

ASTER wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:51 pm
mochi.icecream wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:52 pm
ASTER wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:15 am
I never do offering on demand. I take it to heart what's in the encyclopaedy. Black dragon's not given offering. Other beings offered some things but I want to choose what I can and when I give it to them. I won't give into demand. I don't demand my beings to do things for me either.
mochi.icecream wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:23 am
ASTER wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:31 am
Yeah, this type QUESTIONING!!! That is a black dragon thing. My awesome black dragon is sensitive and intense. He wants to be tasked and then live it alone from my part. He expects total trusting in his leadership. Which, I frankly give it to him. Then both of us rest in peace....at night. Its happened in the past, he had to be placed outside in my car, if he couldn't regulate himself and he was too intense. But he is great now and I am sleeping with his vessel.

Black Dragons would read human energy within a blinking of an eye. They know things about us especially our fears. They are dark art for a reason. They want you to change your energy to be more commanding and do not fear her. Respect her and know that little about them, they can handle far more than a human is ever be capable of.

So, own your binding, your black dragon and her power. She chose you for a reason and start making sense to her without power struggles. Be firm and friendly, trust her and respect her amazing capacities. Get to know her as a human who command respect from the realms for yourself, and in return give her your trust to work together on tasks that usually you can't really handle. Think of a Doberman, who needs constant stimulus and they are powerful guards.

Black Dragon is non social but that is NOT antisocial. There is a vast difference. They need their alone time. They are direct and love being ACKNOWLEDGED and tasked. No offering for a black dragon. But I inviteted him to take up residence in my car to be his personal dungeons.
This is good to know, thank you. So they don't really expect offerings? I think she indicated she would mind being given some, but she doesn't demand them as payment like some of my other companions do. My Beyllaydi Elf in particular wants regular offerings, which I'm inclined to give her, of course, and so does my Golden Djinn. I'll have to figure out some way of showing my dragon how much I value her and her abilities :)
That's really interesting. I figure since many of my companions are expending energy to assist me, if they ask for something, I have a duty to provide for them as best as I'm able. I havent had anybody take advantage of me for it. I see it as maintaining a healthy relationship.
Yes, that is great. We are aiming for the same thing, differently. I give my time and spending time with, inviting them to come alone with me anywhere I go. I bought things for them, as the time goes by for birthdays and anniversary. It's my first year, so I don't know how the experts are doing it. I use their associations. I am loaded with crystals that was offered to them and I bought dragon tinker boxes for my mystical companions. But all is done by free will. I have Angel and Fae herbals that I sprinkle on their little figurines on my bed shelf where they are set up. I like buying figurines of them that represent their corners. I do herbs the same for my 4 tower Watchers with candle 🕯 offering during full moon. So I do a lot of things. I have a special dish outside for my immortals when it's time for offering during new moons. I spontaneously place beautiful things into their little dish and pray. None of my companions ever needed anything more to ASK me for specifically, then I freely able to have time for and I can afford to do during our daily chatting /messages sessions. I'll be continuing to listen if there's anything else needed. But I'll do nothing on demand for anyone.
That's interesting, thank you for sharing because you gave me some inspiration for different kinds of offerings I can try out. Yeah, I don't think I've had a companion be outright demanding. Usually they ask for something once, and if I'm not able to provide it right away, they're very patient. I kind wish they were a little pushier sometimes because I have a poor memory and short attention span lol


Pronouns: they/them
Digital artist, nature-lover, cat and dog parent 💖

495

User avatar
mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:37 am
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 80
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: ☯️ Aqua Fractalyne ☯️

Re: Are black dragons typically ornery?

Post by mochi.icecream »

AlexCzernosech wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:41 pm
There is a fair difference between giving offerings and recharging. I've seen different explanations from keepers for why it's not recommended by the encyclopedia to give black dragons offerings, and it seems like it's a split between "they don't need/want them" and "they get greedy/demanding". My black dragon is in the latter camp; though I have given him one or two offerings in the years I've had him (a black dragon figure that looks a lot like him), as long as I don't boost his ego too much, he doesn't give me too many boundary issues. In terms of him expending energy on tasks however, I do recharge his vessel, either in moonlight or on the charging cluster I got as a freebie from CH. If you have charging energy added to the binding already, then they should be taken care of in perpetuity. Offerings are more a bonding thing than a charging thing.

Perhaps ask your black dragon how to best show your appreciation, and if they say they don't need it, it would be best to trust them at their word, though a heartfelt "thank you" generally never goes amiss. More affection than that may not be too welcome, based on the individual's preferences. :b Another black dragon I have that came attached to a crystal I bought (so not from CH) is more open to affection and not nearly as moody.
I was thinking of buying her some obsidian and she actually impressed that she really didn't need it and I didn't need to worry. After we had our talk about boundaries, she's been very considerate lol I'm happy to have her with me.


Pronouns: they/them
Digital artist, nature-lover, cat and dog parent 💖

495

User avatar
ASTER
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:59 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 93
Spelled Number: 90
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel,Dragon,Faeries
If I could be anything, I would be...: Bronwyn, Cherub, Arc
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Re: Are black dragons typically ornery?

Post by ASTER »

As @AlexCzernosech says. That's a very good point too. I have mine on a freebie amethyst pendant vessel too. I charge it occasionally, if I don't forget it. But over all, he is actively walking through my house and doing his guarding duty.

Early on after bonding this had happened: my black dragon has a longer name and I started to use its shorter version of it. One day, he asked me, why I call him xxxx. I had to explain to him, that, when a human forms a close bond, they start to use a nick name as a token, and get more relaxed with each other. He was satisfied with it because he never objected or corrected me to use his full, longer name. My dragons, all 11 of them just priceless.

When I was getting ready for my recent holiday to visit my grandkids, I was planning to see, who will come with me and who will going to stay behind to mind my home ect while I will be away.

I prefer my black dragon and fire fairy with my all the time. So as the days approched and I finished my last day of work, I didn't even think of him much to ask him what he wanted. On the night before the trip, I started to feel a very restless energy around me and sew his shadow at night, and suddenly I have realised it was my black dragon. Turned out, he wanted to stay athome and he didn't wanted to come with me to visit a noisy little toddler and a baby. Probably he didn't wanted to scare them, as children capable of randomly seeing things.

My husband and my son didn't come around for the trip. And I have noticed that he likes to be with me hubby too. They sort of have a similar temperament, calm, cool and collected cave in types😂😎 with my sensitivity added onto them both.



User avatar
mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:37 am
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 80
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: ☯️ Aqua Fractalyne ☯️

Re: Are black dragons typically ornery?

Post by mochi.icecream »

ASTER wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:50 pm
As @AlexCzernosech says. That's a very good point too. I have mine on a freebie amethyst pendant vessel too. I charge it occasionally, if I don't forget it. But over all, he is actively walking through my house and doing his guarding duty.

Early on after bonding this had happened: my black dragon has a longer name and I started to use its shorter version of it. One day, he asked me, why I call him xxxx. I had to explain to him, that, when a human forms a close bond, they start to use a nick name as a token, and get more relaxed with each other. He was satisfied with it because he never objected or corrected me to use his full, longer name. My dragons, all 11 of them just priceless.

When I was getting ready for my recent holiday to visit my grandkids, I was planning to see, who will come with me and who will going to stay behind to mind my home ect while I will be away.

I prefer my black dragon and fire fairy with my all the time. So as the days approched and I finished my last day of work, I didn't even think of him much to ask him what he wanted. On the night before the trip, I started to feel a very restless energy around me and sew his shadow at night, and suddenly I have realised it was my black dragon. Turned out, he wanted to stay athome and he didn't wanted to come with me to visit a noisy little toddler and a baby. Probably he didn't wanted to scare them, as children capable of randomly seeing things.

My husband and my son didn't come around for the trip. And I have noticed that he likes to be with me hubby too. They sort of have a similar temperament, calm, cool and collected cave in types😂😎 with my sensitivity added onto them both.
How funny! Yeah, I never think to invite my spirits with me places. I subconsciously assume they'll just follow me around if they're interested in where I'm going. I'm actually pretty hands off for the most part, off my own little world as I tend to be.

My black dragon so far is somewhere in my astral space and close by enough for me to connect mentally. She kind of reminds me of one of our cats - he doesn't mind being petted, but he doesn't raise his butt up or press his head into my hand while I pet him lol he just kind of sits there and ignores me. She has a similar attitude to the cat XD and they're both black, too, which is a funny coincidence.

She's interesting to work with for sure. Her disposition is very different from most other spirits I've worked with. Either she's placid (but still alert), or she's snapping her teeth and grumpy lol I don't think she needs me to check in on her the way some of my more social spirits want me to, but she definitely isn't anti-social like somebody (I think you, Aster) mentioned.


Pronouns: they/them
Digital artist, nature-lover, cat and dog parent 💖

495

User avatar
ASTER
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:59 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 93
Spelled Number: 90
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel,Dragon,Faeries
If I could be anything, I would be...: Bronwyn, Cherub, Arc
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Re: Are black dragons typically ornery?

Post by ASTER »

😂 Your black cat and dragon and getting them to petting, well that didn't happened yet for me. Spirit keeping is so rewarding. I am glad you are having a fantastic start too.
mochi.icecream wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:35 am
ASTER wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:50 pm
As @AlexCzernosech says. That's a very good point too. I have mine on a freebie amethyst pendant vessel too. I charge it occasionally, if I don't forget it. But over all, he is actively walking through my house and doing his guarding duty.

Early on after bonding this had happened: my black dragon has a longer name and I started to use its shorter version of it. One day, he asked me, why I call him xxxx. I had to explain to him, that, when a human forms a close bond, they start to use a nick name as a token, and get more relaxed with each other. He was satisfied with it because he never objected or corrected me to use his full, longer name. My dragons, all 11 of them just priceless.

When I was getting ready for my recent holiday to visit my grandkids, I was planning to see, who will come with me and who will going to stay behind to mind my home ect while I will be away.

I prefer my black dragon and fire fairy with my all the time. So as the days approched and I finished my last day of work, I didn't even think of him much to ask him what he wanted. On the night before the trip, I started to feel a very restless energy around me and sew his shadow at night, and suddenly I have realised it was my black dragon. Turned out, he wanted to stay athome and he didn't wanted to come with me to visit a noisy little toddler and a baby. Probably he didn't wanted to scare them, as children capable of randomly seeing things.

My husband and my son didn't come around for the trip. And I have noticed that he likes to be with me hubby too. They sort of have a similar temperament, calm, cool and collected cave in types😂😎 with my sensitivity added onto them both.
How funny! Yeah, I never think to invite my spirits with me places. I subconsciously assume they'll just follow me around if they're interested in where I'm going. I'm actually pretty hands off for the most part, off my own little world as I tend to be.

My black dragon so far is somewhere in my astral space and close by enough for me to connect mentally. She kind of reminds me of one of our cats - he doesn't mind being petted, but he doesn't raise his butt up or press his head into my hand while I pet him lol he just kind of sits there and ignores me. She has a similar attitude to the cat XD and they're both black, too, which is a funny coincidence.

She's interesting to work with for sure. Her disposition is very different from most other spirits I've worked with. Either she's placid (but still alert), or she's snapping her teeth and grumpy lol I don't think she needs me to check in on her the way some of my more social spirits want me to, but she definitely isn't anti-social like somebody (I think you, Aster) mentioned.



Post Reply

Return to “Dragons”