Flux
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Greetings Everyone!

I am wondering on people's take on differentiating Draconic energy from Serpentine energy?

They feel similar to me, but with distinct differences and I'm having trouble articulating it.

I was thinking that I associate draconic energy with more of a divine masculine feel and serpentine energy with more of a divine feminine feel.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Flux

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

I think the feminine/masculine differentiation is an astute observation that I have seen myself. I might place that in an elemental context as well and say the serpentine is water-fire whereas the draconic is fire-water. As funny as that looks at first glance I think beings and energies of this reptilian nature are dominant in the elements of fire and water and that the key to their sacred power is in the balance of fire and water to some degree.
This goes into their relevance to 'blood', magical blood and kundalini flow. At the base of our 'chakras' they are the serpent, rising to the crown they are winged and become the dragon so there is an alchemical transfiguration within this ---and that also relates back to what you mentioned about the feminine/masculine if we look at classical alchemy's stages through the lunar to the solar. Each essential and highly potent in its own abode but intrinsically found in one another.
Very interesting topic!

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Flux
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Ooh yes, I love this answer. Thank you!

My partner and I were discussing this last night some more and we also saw Dragons as being more Celestial-Reptilian in nature and Serpents being Terrestrial-Reptilian in nature.

I would love to know Deities/Entities/Beings you all associate with either Serpent energy or Dragon energy. Thoughts?

Flux
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Another thought:

The meeting of both Serpent and Dragon energies would be Wyrm.

Now I need to ponder what exemplifies Wyrm energy!

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Flux wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:44 pm I would love to know Deities/Entities/Beings you all associate with either Serpent energy or Dragon energy. Thoughts?
Well, the most obvious of course, Nagas and Dragons :P
Flux wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:57 am Another thought:

The meeting of both Serpent and Dragon energies would be Wyrm.
And feathered serpents and maybe wyverns.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Return to “Dragons”