You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 70
Your favorite spirit to work with: daemon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dwarf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Shadow

Anyone with a lot of experience with dragons want to help me ID a dragon? She says she doesn't know what humans call her kind and now I'm pretty curious!

Short version: gold with pink sheen Korean female dragon, iridescent white mane, four toes. Wind and "shadow" alignment. Likes rivers, caves, fruit smells, and sweet-scented pink flower trees. Prefers stone over metal, chooses quality over quantity. Seems capable of tuning her energies to match the keeper.

Now for the long version...

I figured out why a vintage silver ring had a very strong positive charge: a female dragon was loosely bound to it. She has said that she was supposed to get everything she needed from the ring, but it wasn't really working. Due to not being "owned" for awhile she was kinda weak. She was a little disoriented when I found her and is still recovering.

I let her pick a new stone from my collection to move into. She chose a very small but very high quality Amethyst. She then requested that I seal her stone to another fancier ring that happened to have a hollow in it. I sealed it in with wax and she's pretty happy with it.

She says a Korean lady wished her onto the ring and is glad to be out of it as she prefers stone over metal. She basically has hid in the ring for decades, silently helping the ring's owner in secret. Initially she gave me a headache as soon as she was discovered! She has since apologized. She was put off by my abundant dark energy, though she is beginning to see I'm not "evil" and is slowly opening up more. She seems to be trying to "tune" her energies to me, if that makes sense.

I asked if she is alive/has a body. She said she isn't sure and that if there is one it's very weakly tethered. When asked to reveal her form I saw a long-bodied "lung" type dragon. Four toes: three to the front, one short one to the back of each hand. Golden scales with a pink sheen, white mane that is mildly iridescent rides down most of her back in a small fluffy ridge. She also has fluffy "sleeves" of matching fur along the backs of her arms and a brushy tail tip. Her hind feet seem to be shrouded in long fur.

She doesn't remember what she ate, but mentions she really likes the smell of sweet pink flowering trees. I'm not sure if it's flowering cherries or redbuds as the flowers look really, really similar. She also seems to enjoy fruit smells and mentions longans and plums in particular as favorites. She prefers rivers over seas and likes caves because they're quiet. When I asked about her element preference she said "wind", then added in (reluctantly) that she also likes "shadows". There's a big river out here. Pink sweetly-scented flowers bloom all over the place every spring. She loves the area already.

...Anyone have any clue exactly what kind of Korean dragon I am dealing with?

There are no masters; only students who know more or less.

...plus various old friends who enjoy stopping by.
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human

Hi there so unfortunately information on Korean mythology is fairly rare, but the "fur" and mane-like appearance remind me of the Korean qirin (kiringul in Korean I think). It's loosely translated as unicorn sometimes (they're not really, though). However, one thing to consider is a lot of classic Korean literature was lost during the Japanese occupation during the early 20th century so it may be hard to find more detailed Korean mythological records. It seems that Korea had a fairly rich mythology tradition with multiple types of dragons, though nowadays there seems to be a great deal of information lost on the subject. However, most signs point to it being an Asian dragon (the affinity to water [rivers], the fur, etc.). Sorry I can't be more help, although it sounds like you got a rare find so congrats on that!

I'm going to save myself time: READ "THREE BOOKS OF OCCULT PHILOSOPHY"

I make the best french toast.
Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

What intrigues me in this story is why was she disoriented? I mean when you are spirit (so already dead), even if you are bound to a vessel you can sustain yourself from others ressources for energy; but here she was "weak" and even though you know if you are alive (entity) or dead (spirit) as you feel your a big difference between physical and spirit body.

Is she an entity or a spirit? If she is an entity and she was then into astral mode, was she entrapped astrally in the vessel?

someone
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human

Nienna wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:20 pm What intrigues me in this story is why was she disoriented? I mean when you are spirit (so already dead), even if you are bound to a vessel you can sustain yourself from others ressources for energy; but here she was "weak" and even though you know if you are alive (entity) or dead (spirit) as you feel your a big difference between physical and spirit body.

Is she an entity or a spirit? If she is an entity and she was then into astral mode, was she entrapped astrally in the vessel?
I am also curious about this, I read a post that some spirits from Creepy Hollows were very "drained" or "weak" (not my words, just other testimonies I have read online) but I was unsure what the meaning was. I ,now this spirits was from a different source, but I'm still curious as to how the spirit could be in a somewhat damaged state.

Also, have you guys resolved the issue?

I'm going to save myself time: READ "THREE BOOKS OF OCCULT PHILOSOPHY"

I make the best french toast.
Quilin
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 70
Your favorite spirit to work with: daemon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dwarf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Shadow

Nienna wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:20 pm Is she an entity or a spirit? If she is an entity and she was then into astral mode, was she entrapped astrally in the vessel?
I read your feedback and spent some time working with her to try to figure things out. She now has the nickname "Rosie", so I'll call her that just to make things simpler to read.

Rosie seriously had no clue if she was alive or not. She hadn't been back to her body in so long she couldn't tell if it even was there anymore. This is as best as I could understand, anyway. Well, every spirit attached to a body has a tether of sorts that ties it to it's matching body. If something is alive, even if in a weak state, the tether typically will lead you right back where the spirit belongs. If the tether goes to an object or place instead it's a bound spirit and not alive. I decided to follow the tethers and see where it goes.

Apparently yes, she's alive. However she wasn't in a good state. She was basically comatose. Ever see a dragon gather cobwebs? Yeah. That bad. Her scales were dull and chipped. She was thin and the fur was dirty. I had break her out of the wish then lead her spirit and mind back to her body. From there it took quite a bit of effort to wake her.

She's still confused as to what exactly happened but this is what I have pieced together so far.

Rosie was sick so she put herself to sleep. It seems to be a sort of induced hibernation via meditation. Anyway, her soul was out of her body with her consciousness/mind attached in order to try to help her stay "asleep". Basically astral projecting. While out she got snared by a well-meaning woman who wished her onto the ring. Rosie fought the wish but eventually ended up exhausted. She had gone from temporary visitor to stuck out here in an unfamiliar world full of weird energies. Then the ring changed owners a bunch, exposing it to more weird energies. Over the years it left her pretty disoriented. Nobody has really tried to work with her for years, either. When I reached out to her it startled her and making the disorientation worse.

Not long after waking the first thing Rosie did was dart out of a cave and glide down to a river where she drank water for awhile. She says she isn't 100% healthy right now and I fully believe her, though I'm hopeful some of it is just needing to recover from being "out" for too long. She is recovering slowly but surely. She is eating and seems to prefer fruits, even if she admits she should be eating fish. New scales are starting to come in as more of a copper color than a gold. Her fur is clean and just as white as in astral form. She has a single horn higher on her forehead and has been rubbing it on things. I wonder if it's going to shed, too?
someone wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:14 am Hi there so unfortunately information on Korean mythology is fairly rare, but the "fur" and mane-like appearance remind me of the Korean qirin (kiringul in Korean I think).
I used this as a springboard. With a bunch of tinkering and some google translate I managed to get more info. I started out thinking maybe she was actually a Korean quilin. This said, I saw a quilin (unknown species... Japanese?) when I was young so I was skeptical. She doesn't look like the quilin I saw as she is much more slender, longer, doesn't have hooves, and moves with more of a loping motion while quilin seem to "trot" among other differences. Still, I didn't rule it out because I know species differences are a thing. Apparently the Korean Quilin is more like a giraffe? I kept finding a lot of giraffe pictures either way.

What I did learn is that it's pretty common for Korean dragons to have gender differences in appearances. The females have a single horn, thicker scales, a shorter mane, no beard, and a thinner tail. This matches what I am seeing. Female Korean dragons love pretty things, especially fancy jewelry. She asked for the nicest stone in the bunch to be set into the fanciest ring I own. They aren't born immortal but turn immortal over time. They start discarding old bodies every 500 years or so once they turn immortal. The old bodies turn into precious stones. Being worried about dying and taking drastic measures to recover from being sick would point towards lack of immortality and youth.

Putting it all together, Rosie is a teenage female Korean dragon not quite old enough to be immortal (AKA an adult). She couldn't discard her body right yet, so she left it for awhile while she waited on it to recover. She isn't as strong as an adult, nor as skilled or experienced. This is how she ended up in the ring, got confused, and lost track of herself.
someone wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:06 pm I am also curious about this, I read a post that some spirits from Creepy Hollows were very "drained" or "weak" (not my words, just other testimonies I have read online) but I was unsure what the meaning was. I ,now this spirits was from a different source, but I'm still curious as to how the spirit could be in a somewhat damaged state.

Also, have you guys resolved the issue?
I could tell from the moment I got the ring that it had a STRONG positive charge. From there I dinked around with the ring and found the dragon, almost like it was hiding within the barrier of energies the ring was exuding. I think this is an effect of the wish as breaking the wish also broke the charge leaving only residual energy.

When I found her Rosie was kind of flickery, like a candle flame. Most spirits "burn" solid, as do those who are projecting. She mentioned the ring not being enough to provide what she needed which is technically correct as a ring can't sustain a living body. Being passed around and not worked with ("owned") for a long time likely only added to the confusion and exhaustion. She kind of lost track of herself over time which did not help. Being younger and inexperienced made it worse as she had no clue what to do. Mixing it all made her "weak".

She is burning a lot brighter now. The flicker is gone. The confusion is fading, though she has her moments of fogginess. Breaking the wish broke all tethers to the ring. So far she has chosen to stay and is using the stone she chose as a "tether" out here to be able to find her way back easier. I based my re-binding on her will and so far it's sticking nicely. She is beginning to show more abilities as she gets back on her feet, like correcting a mistake I made in a spell earlier. I think Rosie will be OK... even if I still don't know exactly what people call her besides "Korean Dragon".

In general: weaker or improper tether (binding issue) can result in spirits feeling weaker. In a worst case scenario it can get in the way of their energy flow and mess up "feeding"/recharging. I have not seen this with CH spirits, but I'm mentioning it to cover bases. Of course I opt for class 5 or higher bindings always, which might have something to do with it. CH doesn't add energies in with bindings unless you ask for them, which may also be part of what people were reporting. It could also be a keeper issue with not reading things correctly. We all make mistakes and all are learning, after all!

As to spirits I have gotten from CH: no issues on them being "weak" thus far. Everything has been as expected with the majority reaching out to me before the package even arrives. I feel a new friend show up, check my email, and sure enough: package has been sent!

There are no masters; only students who know more or less.

...plus various old friends who enjoy stopping by.

Return to “Dragons”