Difference between female vs male dragons?

seralee
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7

Difference between female vs male dragons?

Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

Males have a tendency to be more aggressive .... even in the gentler races.... same as almost any species

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

That really depends on the species. You can't generalize dragons because there's ALWAYS going to be exceptions. I've met species of dragon where the females were more aggressive and tended to be the hunters and defenders for their kind. And some species do not have any sexual dimorphism at all.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

The word tendency was meant to say there will be exceptions

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Huffdamagicdragon wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:51 pm The word tendency was meant to say there will be exceptions
I'm forced to agree with Huff on this one. A majority of animals - earth based or spiritual - will have males be the aggressive ones, because males generally are the ones in charge or the ones who need to be on the lookout to keep the race thriving (to keep things PG). That said, there are absolutely exceptions. In the same way that Hyena's have females run the show, some dragon species tend to have more aggressive or ambitious females as well. I think a good example (in my short experience) is that Red Dragons...or the ones I've come across, the males tend to be more "ambitious" and plan ahead very well but the females tend to be MUCH more greedy and ready to get sh*t done without offering plans A, B, C, and D. They grab things by the teeth and won't let go of it, and may the gods help you if you accidentally take something of theirs without realizing.

This is personal experience however, and it can differ depending on what dragon you work with (and from where). It also depends on how aggressive you define as aggressive, because Red Dragon males do indeed have that attitude as well, just comparatively (imo) females tend to be more intimidating about it and less choosey.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Saying males tend to be more aggressive than females is a very generalized statement, and is honestly untrue. It might be seen as such in our modern society, but if you look at the animal kingdom, in most species, females tend to be quite aggressive, and would definitely not be seen as less aggressive than males, but probably even more so, especially when protecting young.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Kitsune wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:43 am Saying males tend to be more aggressive than females is a very generalized statement, and is honestly untrue. It might be seen as such in our modern society, but if you look at the animal kingdom, in most species, females tend to be quite aggressive, and would definitely not be seen as less aggressive than males, but probably even more so, especially when protecting young.
In most animalistic settings, females submit to and follow under the lead of males (example). This is not a societal statement or political stance, but a general law of nature. Each animal species understands the need for balance and males tend to handle the more intimidating and brunt work of it, but it's important to understand that the word "aggressive" does not correlate to "strength". It's also important to note that, while male animals in a group setting can be aggressive, there is always a hierarchy involved and females can and will be higher than some other males in the group whether or not there is a lead male. For example, a Lion's pride has a "main male" but the females are still the ones that do most of the work while the male intimidates other males and acts as the general head honcho (while females make him look tougher lol). However in groups of primates for example, the "middle" males are actually more successful due to a passive nature while the aggressive ones still help make decisions, the females tend to choose the ones willing to do tasks for them and the rest of the group. In truth, a lot of animal groups depend on a male (especially mammals) but that doesn't make the male the most (blank).

Tldr; I agree that male animals are usually the more aggressive ones (scientifically speaking, with testosterone and cycles and all that good stuff), but that shouldn't be misunderstood as anything else other than the blatant statement of aggression. Political stances need not take action.

Key words: Usually, tendency, often, etc.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse

Return to “Dragons”