Storm Dragon?

Discussions on specific races of dragons.
Pentacles
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Probably a Dragon :)
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Hi Guys!
So I read on here that dragons are typically classed according to their colour, but some conjurers seem to class them elementally, such as Storm, or Crystal or Night, does this mean they're not legit or do they just use a different system?

AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

Different conjurers can work with different species of dragons, and which ones they work with and where they come from tend to reflect their own perspective in terms of what a dragon is. In my own experience, I've found that not all species of dragon can be classified by color. Still, some can, and classifying by element is as valid as classifying by color. Or neither.

CH and a lot of other conjurers mainly use the color classification with what they call "western" dragons, which seems to have become a general catch-all name for "a species which has a stocky body, two wings, four legs, and importance in scale color". Each "western" dragon offered by conjurers may or may not actually be the same species from the same place as each other, which is why you might find differences in their descriptions from shop to shop.

In terms of traceable lore, color associations with western dragons is a relatively modern invention brought about by role-playing games which has since then leaked heavily into meta to be applied to ALL dragons, while eastern dragons do traditionally have high importance in scale colors, something you don't see so much in spirit keeping shops, so I find the switch in trends to be fascinating.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Elemental dragons are as legit as colour classified dragons.
The appearance of every being depends on the surroundings and how much they have adapted to those during the existence of their race. A fire dragon could be black, an ice dragon blue and a water dragon green depending on their habitat.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤

Return to “Dragon Races”