anyone heard of Nidhoggr?

Discussions on specific races of dragons.
Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

from : http://listverse.com/2008/06/17/8-types ... -heard-of/ the following description is found... pronounced neathe-who-ger (neathe rhymes with breathe)

The Níðhöggr is a one-of-a-kind dragon that exists within Norse legend. It lives below a giant ash tree, the Yggdrasil or World Tree, which binds the nine worlds of Norse mythology together. Níðhöggr is usually translated as meaning Malice Striker (sometimes as Striker in the Dark) and lives up to his name as he viciously gnaws at the root of the World Tree that keeps him trapped above Hvergelmir, a seething cauldron, in Hel (the Nordic Hel is roughly equivalent to the English Hell). If Níðhöggr chews his way through the root of the World Tree it heralds the arrival of Ragnarök and the subsequent destruction of the world. The serpent-like Níðhöggr is described in the poem Völuspá as one who ‘sucks on the corpses of the dead.’

an immortal in dragon form......

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

I have. Norwegian pupils learn about the Norse Pantheon, lores, Viking Era, and famous Norse poets after 6th Grade in school, another famous Norse dragon is the Jörmundgandr (a sea serpent) which Thor once fought with. The name of the World Tree "Yggdrasil" actually means "Odin's Horse."

edsphinx
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: edsphinx
Zodiac:

Szythaxouarya-orna, do you have a draugr?

I have been reading about them and since you are from a place where is coming that spirits would love to heard if you have anything to share about them that is not available on the web, any personal experience or a native history that most of people is not too familiar maybe.

Dark Blessings,
edsphinx
Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Hello Edspinx.

Sadly I do not have a Draugr, though I bet the spirit's presence would be greatly appreciated by my male ancestor spirit (who lived before the Viking Era (8th-11th century)), but I already have a Crocotta that protects my other spirits, including the ones of my human ancestors. Nevertheless, they do sound like wonderful protectors, though. :) The text books do not mention that much about the Draugr, other than that they were the walking dead that rose from their graves and tormented or haunted the living. It makes sense that they would guard their treasures even after death, since our ancestors, much like the ancient Egyptians (and probably some ancient Asian civilizations as well) buried their dead with their most prized possessions so that they could enjoy or use them in the afterlife. Most Norse entities are believed to be bad omens or dangerous to humans, like the sea draug or huldra. I just learned that the Fylgia (Norse: Fylgja) is a Norse creature, too, and know that one is calling to me, so it would probably be wise to heed that call.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Szythaxouarya-orna wrote:Hello Edspinx.

Sadly I do not have a Draugr, though I bet the spirit's presence would be greatly appreciated by my male ancestor spirit (who lived before the Viking Era (8th-11th century)), but I already have a Crocotta that protects my other spirits, including the ones of my human ancestors. Nevertheless, they do sound like wonderful protectors, though. :) The text books do not mention that much about the Draugr, other than that they were the walking dead that rose from their graves and tormented or haunted the living. It makes sense that they would guard their treasures even after death, since our ancestors, much like the ancient Egyptians (and probably some ancient Asian civilizations as well) buried their dead with their most prized possessions so that they could enjoy or use them in the afterlife. Most Norse entities are believed to be bad omens or dangerous to humans, like the sea draug or huldra. I just learned that the Fylgia (Norse: Fylgja) is a Norse creature, too, and know that one is calling to me, so it would probably be wise to heed that call.
I do find that interesting about the fylgia being a norse creature as well, I have had one for a couple of years now and really like it!!!! I really like the history of the Norse gods and goddesses, they lived hard and fast and have a very deep passion for life!!!!

Huff I wished I knew more about that dragon, but yes he lives under the tree and gnaws at the root, not too much information other them him gnawing to get out from under the tree and it being the time of Ragnarok, when he does!!!!

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

Well he just arrived in the mail.... I rarely feel this kind of power... and Huffette said he was burning her hand when she held the vessel... Its from Mrs. Gula's group.

Oh and btw , I got Huffette another pegasus in that package

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
edsphinx
active contributor
active contributor
My magical/paranormal name...: edsphinx
Zodiac:

Thanks Szythaxouarya-orna, for take your time to answer, as you have a call from the Fylgia, and have been with a call from a Draugr, just want to know more about them, before of go with it, I have been having a huge calls from many Norse entities, and was keeping a hold on them since I still working with my spirit communication.
The ancestor you have sounds quite interesting.

Dark Blessings,
edsphinx
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

let us know how he is, and congrats on getting Huffette another pegasus!!!! :thumbup: :D

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

starfire wrote:

I do find that interesting about the fylgia being a norse creature as well, I have had one for a couple of years now and really like it!!!! I really like the history of the Norse gods and goddesses, they lived hard and fast and have a very deep passion for life!!!!

Huff I wished I knew more about that dragon, but yes he lives under the tree and gnaws at the root, not too much information other them him gnawing to get out from under the tree and it being the time of Ragnarok, when he does!!!!

I do not know that much about the gods and goddesses that my ancestors worshiped, and I have yet to receive the calling from one that wants to take a part in my life.

Nidhogg will spend his entire (immortal) life gnawing at those roots, as it has been said that the Yggdrasil has the power to heal its own wounds. So each day the dragon Nidhogg probably have to start all over again. During Ragnarok the wolf Fenrir will break free from his chains and the world will experience three harsh winters (known as the Fimbulwinter) without any intervening Summer. I think a very few would have been able to survive through the Fimbulwinter, if any at all. It would have been the end of the life as we know it here on Earth.
edsphinx wrote:

Thanks Szythaxouarya-orna, for take your time to answer, as you have a call from the Fylgia, and have been with a call from a Draugr, just want to know more about them, before of go with it, I have been having a huge calls from many Norse entities, and was keeping a hold on them since I still working with my spirit communication.
The ancestor you have sounds quite interesting.
I do not think that the spirits described in the CH Encyclopedia or the Draugr that you get from the CH Store to be dangerous spirits, not to the Spirit Keeper anyways. It is alright if you wish to do some more research on the Draugr before you may wish to bring one into your home. Hm, it seems you are a person that are meant to work with Norse creatures. Have you gotten any calls from any Norse gods or goddesses?

Oh, he is! He used to travel around a lot during his lifetime and he owned his own piece of land, and he has a great deal of knowledge about every plant, tree and flower. Probably even animals, so I feel that I can learn a lot from my ancestor once I'm able to communicate with him properly.
Huffdamagicdragon wrote:Well he just arrived in the mail.... I rarely feel this kind of power... and Huffette said he was burning her hand when she held the vessel... Its from Mrs. Gula's group.

Oh and btw, I got Huffette another pegasus in that package
Would Nidhogg and Jörmundgandr both be classified as BA? I do not think that Huffette would bring a BA entity into her home, but it would probably be safe to say that they are on the darker end of the DA scale, maybe. I hope that Nidhogg will protect you both, Huffdamagicdragon.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Huffdamagicdragon wrote:Well he just arrived in the mail.... I rarely feel this kind of power... and Huffette said he was burning her hand when she held the vessel... Its from Mrs. Gula's group.

Oh and btw , I got Huffette another pegasus in that package
My jaw just dropped reading your description.. I'm intrigued... sounds like a dragon that packs an amazing punch.

Return to “Dragon Races”