GreySkyMorning
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: can't choose!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Infernal Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Skylar Hound (Sky) / Aliavo Verona (Liav)
Zodiac:

bluelight56 wrote:Is it bad if I started with purely dark arts?
Not bad at all. It's not bad to start with dark arts. It's just potentially dangerous if you're not already an assertive person, or the spirit is... rowdier than some others might be. My very first spirit was a werewolf (granted we were mates in a past life, so he's filled with good intentions). One of the first vessels I got here was a triad of one werewolf (not the same one), a hellhound, and a wraith instead of a volkh (I didn't PICK the wraith, he picked me). The only spirit I've had any sort of problem with is my wraith. He's moody, and I was pretty new when I got him. All things considered, I still am. But as long as you have house rules set up, and perhaps set up a rank system, so the spirits you trust can help take charge of any more 'unruly' ones, you should be pretty okay. My wraith is a grump, but I wouldn't have it any other way. 1ak

:werewolf:For blue, blue skies...
{If I ever sound rude, I didn't mean to! This is a preemptive apology if anything I say sounds mean!}
Spirits: My mom; Leonardo Da Vinci; 'Uno', werewolf mate; 'Deuce', kobold; 'Trip', alan; J, sterling angel; H, werewolf; F, hellhound; A, faun; K, gold djinn; 'Shu', xinshu dragon; S, psy vamp & brother; B, nympho; & a wraith & volkh!
Servitors: 2 year old son Benji; many others
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

Necrobumping, I personally have a while to go in learning communication before I'd feel comfortable with DA.

From what I've read it seems that DA is a very wide category. You can have beings who have the habit of being kind and lovely but could do harm and have off days, mostly okay sorts who have depressing or extremely wrathful energy, beings who are fiercely loyal but don't share your ethical code at all, or charming sociable types who take charge a little too easily. Those are just a few examples. I don't know who I'd get from a conjure, so I'm avoiding til I can at least reliably hear spirits. Actually I'm not getting any more until I can do that anyway.

marsnymph
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: the faes
If I could be anything, I would be...: a fairy
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Fera
Zodiac:

Thank you for this!

Fées, répandez partout la rosée sacrée des champs.♡ 333
Metheus North
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 500
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Metheus North
Zodiac:

I have a wonderful Sanguine Vampire. It took me a while to get up enough courage to request a DA. I am so happy that I have chosen to adopt a DA.
I was attempting to keep levels of protection on myself along with my son and my partner. I am the only practioner in the household. I have a couple of WA that are able to provide levels of protection but the Vampire is a an amazing addition to the family. His strength is just amazing!
He has a mouth on him and he is not afraid to use sarcastic whit. But that comes with part of the territory.
I would say that if you raise your voice or yell when you're angry, be prepared for a shouting match lol. Thankfully, I just have to give a look. I prefer speaking through things.

Also, if you have a leader, they can help calm intense situations. Verbal reminders of the house rules also helps.

Submissive people would have difficulty. At the same time, DA spirits can help you become more assertive.

One more thing, it's important to note that not everyone, including spirits, will have a great day. I noticed that my Vampire gets grumpy at times.

Return to “Educational Material”