NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

In a conversation on a Discord server, a member mentioned that when they ground, they physically feel their roots growing. This is actually something that I think everyone could benefit from, so I decided I would write something on the topic.

Scientifically speaking, we have a lot more than five senses, and that list is growing daily. However, for the purpose of this exercise I'm going to stick with the five physical senses that most people know well.

The first sense, probably the best sense for this exercise, is the sense of touch.

From other posts, you should already know how to ground and center. For this exercise, I want you to try to ground and center, but feel it happen physically. If you use the imagery of growing roots, I want you to try and feel those physical roots, pushing into the earth.

Whatever imagery you use to ground, whatever element you ground into, I want you to work on physically sensing that attachment, and the benefits you gain from it. Because the purpose of grounding is to release old or used energy, sink excess energy, and draw energy into you from another source, so that your working doesn't take so much out of you, when you are working on feeling the physical sensation of your attachment to your chosen ground, try to feel those things happening.

Pay attention not only to your "roots," but also to your physical body. What changes happen to the rest of you? How does grounding feel to you physically?

Move on to the other senses when you feel you've got a decent grasp on this. Work to smell changes, or taste them. Try to see them. Try to hear them. Touch is going to be the easiest, I think, but the others might give you some interesting experiences.

How can this be used in energy work? This is quite simple... developing psychic and energetic connections with your physical senses will broaden your awareness, developing your psychic abilities further. Using physical senses in your magick will deepen the magick, and the subsequent effects of it, because you are no longer just working in the astral and spiritual worlds, but also in the physical. Your energy work will, therefore, have a much more immediate effect.

Let me know how this goes for you. I'm curious.
-Raven

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
SullyTheStag
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Animal/elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Stag or Elk
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Sully? (I have yet to truly find out)
Zodiac:

Hey,

I want to add that I have actually used a method fairly similar to the process you describe for a majority of my energy works. Albeit I am a beginner in this fairly foreign world, but I have found methods that do work for me. Among those is whenever I ground before I do energy or magick practices I vividly imagine me as a tree and my roots growing into whatever element or whatever I intend to draw my power from to the point I "feel" it. And to your point you do have a much more immediate effect when doing energy work. To sort of experiment with this I attempted energy practices with and without starting off with this grounding and have noticed that with the grounding it does make it feel more present I guess you could say. As opposed to a dim flashlight its a roaring fire in comparison. Now for how it feels, its energizing, renewing, it makes you feel like a new person ready for battle.

Ships are safe in the harbor but that’s not what ships are meant for!

Return to “Educational Material”