'Death of a Chaos Magician'

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

A brilliantly composed article shedding light on the Chaos Magick phenomenon, from one person's perspective -

http://theblogofbaphomet.com/2013/09/04 ... -magician/

I find it to be an important explanation and reflection.. for practitioners, would-be practitioners or those simply interested in learning about and comprehending Chaos Magick.

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Thank you for this Noc, I'm going to print it out and read through it now!

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Brilliantly laid out and presented!!

I loved this:
If I work with these states of ecstasy and the expansion of Self that they represent, where am I left in facing the ultimate mystery of death? I find myself in a place of openness – sitting with my own uncertainty and fear, but also open to the possibility of a further becoming and remanifestation that even the Vale of death cannot contain.

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Morgana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon & vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Morgana
Zodiac:

I enjoyed this article very much.
It was well written and thought out. :U
Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
M. 8)|*

"YOU CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE
PATH UNTIL YOU BECOME
THE PATH ITSELF." Buddha
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

I am not impressed: The Forum Minority Report.

1. The Necronomicon is a hodgepodge of "pickings" from "The Black Box" and The Necronomicon is an astral mess that deals with "THe Shells" within the Qlipphoth section of The Qabalah.

2. Austin Osmon Spare, was a brilliant man who talked about aspects of the defined word Chaos as through Greek Mythos, and basically (and happily) took his que from William Blake's 2 books: The Marriage of Heaven & Hell; and, also, The Book of Urizen. And was also involved with 777 by Aleister Crowley and Allan Bennett; also, I would be surprised if he read G.R.S.Mead's Thrice Greatest Hermes; and Herbert Silberer's Alchemy.

3. Nothing has been said here about primordial language, i.e. "superstrings" are now seen in science as the sub-atomic building blocks of life, an sveral of us have actually seen these "supstrings thru the use of Ayuhuasca, and have recognized that these superstrings are totally conscious, and the force that created (over time) All written or scripted languages - sound being controlled by sight.

4. The Chaos Magicians to a large degree have shown no interest in going behind chaos as a shidel for living in a somewhat dangerous universe. And because of this have absolutely no knowledge of the highest level of tantra (Anutarayoga Tantra) and "Beyond Tantra" with the Ati Practices. Thus The do not see the concept nor the reality of Vajrabhairava The Lord of - The Lord of Death - In other words, a Concious being above Death. Nor have they looked into the real world of Alchemy.

5. Chaos as a meaningful concept is simply a word or two that says all is random and even that is not true...To me personally, Chaos as talked about here and other places, is simply a way to walk away from scrutiny, planning, and actually having little interest in Astrophysics that does indeed show and demonstrate order.

6. Chaos Magick is a hodgepodge mixture of some Grimoire Attitudes and Practices mixed with a repressed desire to destroy culture or denigrate what is going on in culture, and is the latest version of Nihilism. And I feel that CHaos Magick's slogan s/b "Nothing Matters Unless I Say So, Ugliness is Cool, Beauty is Ugliness or if not it is not enough ugly to be considered Beauty. And the Concept of Death is Ever Present

7. People have a right to believe this sort of nihilistic word play, but where does it lead? What happiness does it create? What power does it give us? And I do wonder why death and its relationships is so much a part of the Chaos Practicioner's daily life. Every new book I have read on the topic is intellectual, but without any mention of "lasting joy". If my only choice was to be either Sid Vicious or Lenny Bruce.....I would pick Lenny - He was a nice friendly guy and very funny. Whether true or not, it appears (and appearances are important & powerful) that within the ranks of Current Chaos thinking, there is no Compassion.

Envoi: Thre is much suffering in the world. To me it makes no sense to worship the Suffering Itself - Whether that of Jesus or that of the many ordinary people on the street, or the forces that do create suffering.

The Peanut Gallery has spoken,
Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

A personal view of Kaos, I find that there is beauty in many things, not a big fan of brutality. Though I do enjoy horror movies and novels (contradiction I know). However for me, it is about being honest with yourself. Looking past the limits, and learning from everything, using what you can, and discarding what you do not need. And finally learning to paradigm shift. Not the official definition of Kaos, but my own.

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

darklordmidnight wrote:A personal view of Kaos, I find that there is beauty in many things, not a big fan of brutality. Though I do enjoy horror movies and novels (contradiction I know). However for me, it is about being honest with yourself. Looking past the limits, and learning from everything, using what you can, and discarding what you do not need. And finally learning to paradigm shift. Not the official definition of Kaos, but my own.
Your own definitions seem fine to me, but I wouldn't call what you said - as a Chaos form of View. Instead, I would suggest reading a really cool book:

Pragmatism by William James

Also, re Chaos, it would seem to me that instead of all this verbal fruit salad, people so inclined could just read: The Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

Will look into them, thank you Caiyros

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Glad you guys enjoyed the article, it was a nice find.
A lot of people still don't really get what Chaos Magick is or where it came from. I have more quality reads I may be posting in the near future.

monica
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Thanks for posting this article! I am still very much in the beginning stages of learning about all this, and I'd love to read anything else you might be posting in the future.

"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on" ~Havelock Ellis

Return to “METHODOLOGIES”