What protection to use using a pendulum?

theusak
new here
new here
You are...: new to this

What protection to use using a pendulum?

Post by theusak »

I hear a lot of people talking about how you should use protection when using a pendulum, but... What exactly, how? The most detail I found was to "cover your bases", but I'm new to this, I don't even know what the bases are. Help?

CH Moderator
active contributor
active contributor

Re: What protection to use using a pendulum?

Post by CH Moderator »

Topic moved suitable section.

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 182
Spelled Number: 165
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Post by Lewk »

I don't know a specific protection for using with a pendulum. I would think of using protection for myself (while using the pendulum), so as to keep out distracting / negative influences.

Protection is quite a big field in itself, well worth looking into. I'd say fundamental stuff like clearing your space, centering, grounding, clearing your mind and maybe asking your bound spirits for protection and help with the pendulum session are good things to be able to do.

Quite a few forum members find the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram a good thing to use. You can use that to clear a space and raise protection before a session and to clear things and close down at the end of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesser_ba ... _pentagram

There's a thorough step by step how to in The Middle Pillar: The Balance Between Mind and Magic Kindle Edition by Israel Regardie (Author), Chic Cicero (Editor), Sandra Tabatha Cicero (Editor). Available on Kindle. No equipment necessary.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 182
Spelled Number: 165
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Post by Lewk »

...and members have often warned here against placing too much emphasis on what answers you think your getting, especially as a beginner pendulum user. Certainly to not base any life changing decisions on them. And probably not ask too searching deep questions about yourself or your life. With a pendulum it's easy to find oneself reading one's own mental processes. Yes/ No questions on dramatic potential scenarios can easily lead a pendulum user into a sense of panic.

In my opinion it's good to take it slowly and easily. Stay calm. Don't panic. Use a healthy dose of skepticism - while remaining open minded, if that makes sense. Until you hit that groove of 'getting' it, when you know you're getting good results.

Still...even a very good pendulum user will not be infallible, which is why it's important to always keep a good sense of perspective.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

Whyme
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Spelled Number: 1
My magical/paranormal name...: It's too personal to share.

Post by Whyme »

If you mean protection specifically for a pendulum instead of yourself and the area, perhaps consider consecrating the pendulum. I consider pendulums as sacred objects which means I consecrate them. During consecration, I mentioned to the effect of protecting the pendulum from any and all energy interference. That includes myself, the keep and any others who won't be able to influence a pendulum unless one specific entity is invited for a session. Other than that, I don't concern myself with protection while dowsing with a pendulum. The consecration keeps the pendulum from turning wonky.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3

Return to “PROTECTION”