Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

The sidhe have very good reasons for not liking humanity as a whole. Men in black sinned it up best, "the individual is smart people are dumb, whiny, panicky animals and you know it." Group mentality has been for thousands of years attack thre unknown and different as those tend to be threats to our survival.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
JaycubL
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't play favorites
If I could be anything, I would be...: Everything
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Menelaus

Sure they are not all going to adore you by default, but not all plants, animals, humans, inanimate objects, are going to be safe for you either... I don't think you have much if anything to be afraid of with faeries if your intent and actions toward nature and life are loving, and you are clear and direct with them about everything.
Maybe ask yourself:
Do I value the whole living world above myself and others who are genetically very close to me (same species)?
Can I be direct and honest with myself and others about what I am doing and why?
Do I keep promises?
Is my personality and overall intent stable (not going to change my actions or positions without explanation and notice)?

If you can answer yes to those sorts of questions then I doubt you would offend them beyond repair. Be clever and aware and they probably can't do anything harmful. Be loving and they won't choose to do anything harmful, and their friendship could be the best thing in your life.

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

JaycubL wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:19 am Sure they are not all going to adore you by default, but not all plants, animals, humans, inanimate objects, are going to be safe for you either... I don't think you have much if anything to be afraid of with faeries if your intent and actions toward nature and life are loving, and you are clear and direct with them about everything.
Maybe ask yourself:
Do I value the whole living world above myself and others who are genetically very close to me (same species)?
Can I be direct and honest with myself and others about what I am doing and why?
Do I keep promises?
Is my personality and overall intent stable (not going to change my actions or positions without explanation and notice)?

If you can answer yes to those sorts of questions then I doubt you would offend them beyond repair. Be clever and aware and they probably can't do anything harmful. Be loving and they won't choose to do anything harmful, and their friendship could be the best thing in your life.
You understand that the price to repay your fauxpa can be your mortal life right? The fair folk have a different view of what constitutes a grievous offense than humans.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor

JaycubL wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:19 am Sure they are not all going to adore you by default, but not all plants, animals, humans, inanimate objects, are going to be safe for you either... I don't think you have much if anything to be afraid of with faeries if your intent and actions toward nature and life are loving, and you are clear and direct with them about everything.
Maybe ask yourself:
Do I keep promises?

Their entire worldview is different, and it is unwise to measure their behaviour based on human standards. For some faes I wouldn't be surprised if they view what you mentioned as just the basics of the basics. It likely wouldn't earn you extra points, but would likely get you a demerit if you don't adhere to those. It is best to research the customs of the Fae species you are working with to avoid offense. The points you mentioned might not be able to atone for stepping out of line.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I agree with Sooty and Instrument of Fire. It’s difficult enough sometimes to comprehend a foreign human culture. I don’t think you can bank on understanding the culture of the Good Neighbors from the outside.

JaycubL
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't play favorites
If I could be anything, I would be...: Everything
My magical/paranormal name...: Menelaus

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:29 am I agree with Sooty and Instrument of Fire. It’s difficult enough sometimes to comprehend a foreign human culture. I don’t think you can bank on understanding the culture of the Good Neighbors from the outside.
Yeah the dangers may be there, I am not trying to shoot down that perspective.
The reason I wanted to say that is: I think that the risks are maybe a lot more rare than what this thread kind of suggests, and I think people should feel encouraged to explore and learn rather than be afraid and hide from it. My experience (nearly irrelevant anecdote time...) is that they are kind and forgiving if I do what I reasonably can to be good and deal straightly with them. I'd rather keep the relationship and the risks than toss it all out.

Return to “Faery”