Iron-containing stuff and faeries :@

Jenjens
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

I moved into a home that has iron everywhere. At each corner of the house and at each corner of the fence. We also found an iron chain link buried under a flower bed. I also came here with that question as I was worried because I had 2 butterfly fae. I also got a "what inbounds are around you and want to be kept" reading and there was also a butterfly fae listed, so I don't necessarily think that it affects them since there was an unbounded one.

starseed1111
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

I don't necessarily know which metal items contain iron, and am not able to get rid of what metal items I have, or avoid these purchases in the future. I do not have any faerie spirits or live companions at this time, but am hoping to have faerie spirit companions (1 or more). Does iron hurt faeries or repel them? What concerns do I need to have?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

starseed1111 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:28 am I don't necessarily know which metal items contain iron, and am not able to get rid of what metal items I have, or avoid these purchases in the future. I do not have any faerie spirits or live companions at this time, but am hoping to have faerie spirit companions (1 or more). Does iron hurt faeries or repel them? What concerns do I need to have?
As this is a spirit keeping forum, I think it's fair to separate spirit keeping practices from non-spirit keeping philosophies & practices.

Spirit keeping -

With modern spirit keeping we keep spirits who have been conjured, come forward and agreed to be our lifelong companions and have been bound, either to a vessel or to our spirit, for example. The binding of an expert practitioner will most likely have some protection elements in it for the spirit.

I've browsed the fairies section in the CH Shop and also have a far few bound fairies and fae myself. In the CH Shop, you can choose 'stainless' vessels. (I think that means stainless steel; and steel contains iron.) Or you can have the spirit bound to your own vessel. Nothing there says you can't have an iron object as the vessel.

The fact that there doesn't appear to be any prohibition or warning at all against having vessels for fae/fairies/sidhe that contain iron or another metal suggests to me that it is not a problem for bound fairies, fae or sidhe. At least ones conjured and bound by CH.

If you're able to communicate well with your bound fairies, fae or sidhe, you could always ask them what their thoughts are on the matter.

One rule of thumb is always follow the guidance of the seller. If they didn't tell you to keep certain things away from the bound spirits you got from them, then don't worry about it...would be my advice. Worry and anxiety or doubt are the easiest ways to develop subtle blocks between us and our spirit companions.

Non-spirit keeping -

Outside of spirit keeping, there are a number of philosophies and differing schools of thought and practice regarding fairies/fae/sidhe. This forum respects all philosophies and it's our human right to have freedom of belief. So I guess it's up to us which ones we want to subscribe to.

For me, I think it would only become a practical issue if I'm in contact with unbound fairies, fae or sidhe, especially in natural locations where they are known to live. Then I would really want to know the local traditions and keep to them, out of respect.

Or, if it's an unbound companion, I'd ask them what their preferences are. Their preferences may vary and for different reasons. One thing I've learned is that the shared cultures and traditions amongst groups of spirits may vary from one group to another. Also spirits may have differing philosophies or beliefs.

Have you read the whole of this thread? There are some very good posts. In one I gave a link to a very interesting article that may have one explanation for the whole tradition about metals and fairies/fae/sidhe.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
starseed1111
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

I did read the article; thank you! The info there and here is reassuring.

Return to “Faery”