new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 66
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
My super power would be...: Super speed

Are fairies generally harder to bond with than most spirits. From Demons to Angels, to Djinn to kitsune, to volkhs and Dragons. Are they actually one of the hardest ones to bond with generally speaking? I read up that they are usually untrusting to humans. I know there's ways around this, such as you get a calling, or a custom conjure. But even so I hear things like djinn are a bit untrusting at firs. I read in forums that Fae generally don't bond super fast like a an angelic or demonic being can at times.

Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I've noticed that untrusting trait in one of my faes, especially when she first arrived at my home. There was a reluctance in sharing information about herself, but once I made clear to her my good intention, she relaxed and opened herself up to me more.

I believe one of the factors that made certain faes more distant to us humans, is that they come from a background distinctly different from ours, and so will respond to things differently than us. It takes continual bonding to fully understand their intrinsic nature, and for them to understand ours as well.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I think there's a difference between unbound fae in general and those who have willingly come forward and agreed to be bound to be a companion for a spirit keeper.

As long as the conjurer is competent, it seems to me that those fae are eager to bond. There may be some variation between types of fae, as some can be comparatively moody or faster to bond. We are the other side of the equation. It's our responsibility to put effort into that. But I think the conjurer has basically taken the big first step for us of building trust and faith with whatever race they are in contact with.

On a related point, I've found the CH bonding service really helps to speed up bonding.

And I have found bound fae to be very easy to bond with.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
jonmadden91
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
My super power would be...: Super speed

Makes sense. I believe some of the FAE I have have a shy personality or distant personality. They prefer to communicate through telepathy or pendulum etc. But one of them is very bold and manifests all the type protecting me like an awesome body guard.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

jonmadden91 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:51 pm Makes sense. I believe some of the FAE I have have a shy personality or distant personality. They prefer to communicate through telepathy or pendulum etc. But one of them is very bold and manifests all the type protecting me like an awesome body guard.
That sounds encouraging :)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Faery”