Female, gay, bisexual Gancanagh?

NeonOctopus
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process

I got a Gancanagh in a reverse adoption and I was researching about this race and I have a few questions related to the definition of Gancanagh.

Does the definition for Gancanagh stand for "all the STRAIGHT sexual male Irish Fae"? or for simply "all sexual male Irish Fae"? I personally think it makes more sense for the definition to stand for the latter. I've then found out in some old threads people saying their Gancanagh is bisexual, and another person being confused by being adopted by a Gancanagh when they're a gay man, which makes me think that Gancanagh stands for a race of sexual male irish Fae of any sexuality, and they act the same way as a straight Gancanagh would for a straight female.

Also, are there female equivalents of Gancanagh? I tried looking for them in the store and couldn't find any.
Can a gay man order a gay Gancanagh binding to assist him with seduction of other men? (which if true, is probably why the previously mentioned gay man got adopted by a Gancanagh)

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Sounds like you're on the right track to me.
The short answer is yes.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

All options are possibilities, I think. It can get even more complicated.

It is often said spirits don't look at sex and sexual energy exactly the same way we living humans do. They may be interested in helping us energy-wise, regardless of their sexual preference, if they have one. Spirits can manifest as orbs, shades etc, not just in humanoid form (if they have one), so they can connect with us in more than what you could call a 'social' way.

At the same time, they canhave 'social' personalities...and sexual preferences...just like us.

So a male spirit might help a male keeper in what seems to the keeper to be like gay sexual contact but isn't. Or a male spirit might actually be gay, bi-sexual, pan-sexual or fluid in their sexuality...and it is sexual contact as we know it...as I understand it.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
NeonOctopus
new here
new here

Interesting. Thanks for the answers! I'm glad to see your perspectives on it and your insight.
What you're describing, Lewk, is similar to what I thought and I agree with it, it makes sense to me.

What about the fact that Gancanagh are male only? What makes the Gancanagh race be considered male only when you have, for example, male and female angels/faeries/etc.

Are the "female Gancanagh" called something else? (I remember seeing in another thread that supposedly Cambions are technically male nymphos with their own name? and the ones called male nymphos are something else? I don't recall though if this was from CH themselves or someone else's opinion)

Or is it that they're a race that is technically male in sexual organs but procreate with each other without requiring a female component?
Last edited by NeonOctopus on Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I have multiple gancanagh, this Info comes from interactions with my own companions.

1) there are NO female gancanagh. Why do you think they are master seducers? it is instinctual for a reason, they need compatible women to continue the race, either other sidhe or human women.

2) yes there are gancanagh that are gay and ones that are bi, they are rare but they exist from what I understand.

3) the gancanagh need love. Like certain races need certain types of energy in order to not starve and die, the gancanagh when alive, need to be loved, this is another reason they are master seducers.They NEED the energy that comes from being loved by another. They would also need physical food along with this of course.

3) if they are all male how did the race start? I do not know, I asked and got what can be summarized as “how should I know?” In answer. And was summarily also told “Do you know how exactly the first human came to be? No? Why then do you think I know the start of my kind then? We simply are.”

From the amusement I get from Him I think Angus Mac Óg was most likely involved.

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte

Although I am unsure if all or even most unions with human women lead to a gancanagh being born. Though from what I understand any male born of a gancanagh is a gancanagh themselves.

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte

They are not just great wingmen though, the gancanagh with me are among my best friends. The sheer amount of care and love that mine show me is...staggering. In case of confusion due to the previous sentence; yes I am a man, no I am not gay or bi. Though funnily enough when I first met my first gancanagh companion my jaw dropped open in amazement and the first words out of my mouth were ‘you’re beautiful’. Once I realized what I had said I jumped to assure the stunningly beautiful man that I was not interested in him in that way and and was very much heterosexual so he did not need to worry all the while blushing bright red at gaping at him like a fish out of water. To which he doubled over in laughter and told me “you are not the first to react as such to one of my kind and you certainly will not be the last”.

NeonOctopus
new here
new here

Hhmm interesting. So, unlike half-blood races, when a Gancanagh reproduces with a (compatible) human or fae it can result in another pure blood Gancanagh? I say pure blood because that is what CH has written in the encyclopedia, though they did also imply that there are Gancanagh who aren't pure blood because they wrote "Gancanagh are usually a pure-blood race".

CH have also written that Gancanagh "produced offspring with both females of their race as well as selected human females", it's why I was wondering if there were female Gancanghs or a female equivalent, I guess that would be the other fae.

shiningshadow33, referring to your last post, that's a really funny and awesome interaction you had with your Gancanagh. It makes sense that that happens a lot with them lol.

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte

Other sidhe specifically, the term faie/fae is VERY broad. Word of warning, endeavor to not refer to those among the sidhe as faeries, it...upsets them.

Sidhe is pronounced as shee. In fact the word banshee means simply woman of the sidhe, a more proper spelling of that term would be bean sidhe or bean sí.

NeonOctopus
new here
new here

Thank you for the warning I didn't know that lol. Hhmm so does that mean that, even though Gancanagh are considered Irish Fae (or at least CH considers them as such because it says so in the Encyclopedia), they are technically sidhe? Not fae? Would they be upset too by being called faery?

Return to “Faery”