NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

detaicamevamp wrote:What would your advice be then, Selqet, for someone who feels as though they are undergoing (or have undergone) a 'transformation' like this, yet they are not sure WHAT they are 'turning' into? They just know that they have increasingly stronger needs & desires, new perceptions, expanded senses... and nothing can satisfy them; nothing can give them what they so desperately hunger for. They don't even know what it IS that they truly hunger for.

Is it possible that someone could undergo a different kind of spiritual transformation that mimicks being turned? And what does someone do about that, how do they 'feed' now that nothing seems to satisfy?

Obviously it is something the individual needs to figure out and deal with, somehow, on their own. But you seem to know a lot about this and I would just like your input.
Feeding, for ALL species, is at one level, purely instinctive. Cats and canids eat meat. Hunting has to be taught, control has to be taught, but they are born with the instinct to rip flesh off of bone. If you have gone through ANY kind of metamorphosis where you have developed an appetite for something other than what is the human norm for sustenance, then you will also develop the instinctive knowledge as to what it is that you also now feed on.

Also keep in mind... Ubi, Psychic Vampires, and Sanguine Vampires are NOT the only types of feeder entity that a human can Turn into. The only reason I wrote about these specific ones rather than ALL feeders was because these are all related to each other, and all Turn humans in the same way.

However... a human can become a psychic vampire without being Turned. A human can become a Wraith without being Turned. A human can become a demonic or angelic through a process of spiritual evolution (or devolution, depending on your views - though I don't hold with that). There are even some stories of humans being magicked into becoming Fae. All these species are Feeders. Angels feed on light. Demons typically feed on darkness. Wraiths feed on fear. Faeries feed on blood, life, and a vast variety of other substances... but they can also feed on moonlight, trees, etc., depending on their court alignment...

I have three hungers - the human, the fae, and the Ubi. For me, when my Fae hunger began to appear, I would feel myself drawing energies in from all around me... I was literally pulling shadows in. As I saw this, I understood what I was doing was feeding on shadows, and so I learned... where is my stomach for this food? It's in my heart chakra. OK, how do I feed? By drawing in. How do I STOP? By disconnecting.

With the Ubi hunger, when I feed, I feel... a massive energetic rush, a flush, throughout my whole body... Whoosh! Little sips from people feel... much more delicate... it's as if a small puff of air is... just passing through me, but it's very sensual, tingly, I can feel the desire of the person I feed on, all the way down to my toes.

With both methods of feeding, it was a process of discovery as well as instinct. I felt something... I followed it to the source, I explored it until I understood it, I mimicked it until I had control of it. You can do the same... whether you are vampiric or not.

Brightest blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
sylph
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner

Selqetkitty wrote:
detaicamevamp wrote:What would your advice be then, Selqet, for someone who feels as though they are undergoing (or have undergone) a 'transformation' like this, yet they are not sure WHAT they are 'turning' into? They just know that they have increasingly stronger needs & desires, new perceptions, expanded senses... and nothing can satisfy them; nothing can give them what they so desperately hunger for. They don't even know what it IS that they truly hunger for.

Is it possible that someone could undergo a different kind of spiritual transformation that mimicks being turned? And what does someone do about that, how do they 'feed' now that nothing seems to satisfy?

Obviously it is something the individual needs to figure out and deal with, somehow, on their own. But you seem to know a lot about this and I would just like your input.
Feeding, for ALL species, is at one level, purely instinctive. Cats and canids eat meat. Hunting has to be taught, control has to be taught, but they are born with the instinct to rip flesh off of bone. If you have gone through ANY kind of metamorphosis where you have developed an appetite for something other than what is the human norm for sustenance, then you will also develop the instinctive knowledge as to what it is that you also now feed on.

Also keep in mind... Ubi, Psychic Vampires, and Sanguine Vampires are NOT the only types of feeder entity that a human can Turn into. The only reason I wrote about these specific ones rather than ALL feeders was because these are all related to each other, and all Turn humans in the same way.

However... a human can become a psychic vampire without being Turned. A human can become a Wraith without being Turned. A human can become a demonic or angelic through a process of spiritual evolution (or devolution, depending on your views - though I don't hold with that). There are even some stories of humans being magicked into becoming Fae. All these species are Feeders. Angels feed on light. Demons typically feed on darkness. Wraiths feed on fear. Faeries feed on blood, life, and a vast variety of other substances... but they can also feed on moonlight, trees, etc., depending on their court alignment...

I have three hungers - the human, the fae, and the Ubi. For me, when my Fae hunger began to appear, I would feel myself drawing energies in from all around me... I was literally pulling shadows in. As I saw this, I understood what I was doing was feeding on shadows, and so I learned... where is my stomach for this food? It's in my heart chakra. OK, how do I feed? By drawing in. How do I STOP? By disconnecting.

With the Ubi hunger, when I feed, I feel... a massive energetic rush, a flush, throughout my whole body... Whoosh! Little sips from people feel... much more delicate... it's as if a small puff of air is... just passing through me, but it's very sensual, tingly, I can feel the desire of the person I feed on, all the way down to my toes.

With both methods of feeding, it was a process of discovery as well as instinct. I felt something... I followed it to the source, I explored it until I understood it, I mimicked it until I had control of it. You can do the same... whether you are vampiric or not.

Brightest blessings...
Selqet
Ok, I definitely understand FAR better now...

I don't have much to add, this is a beautiful explanation. And incredibly helpful, I need to really let this sink in...

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, as always :) :faery:

Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Loki, Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Oh my gosh this was long to read! But, worth it!!!~

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

Selqet, You mention you are part Fae. Did you have one fae parent and one human parent? or Is this the result of something else? Just curious...not trying to pry too much.

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Both my mother and father have both court and demi-fae in their family lines, in one generation or another - and from more than one court. The remixing of bloodlines laced with fae over and over while continuing to breed relatively true to human norms has resulted in... some interesting effects, Gift-wise.

However, the fae-in-my-blood is a bit :ot: here - and really, there's no telling how far back the last generation to breed with a true faery of ANY sort is, so it's honestly of not much account. It merely explains some... oddities in our lineage, such as the auric wings and the metaphysical appetites that develop in us during puberty, the family politics, and some of our stranger Gifts (my mother's PoisonTongue being one example, my WoeWishing being another - we're not all Light Court and Summer Fae, sadly) and traditions.

It is, however, worth mentioning that, because of my faery lineage, I was a kind of feeder before Desire Turned me, and this may have explained how an astral entity was able to change a physical human being, even if only slightly. At the same time... I've yet to come across a species on this planet that DOESN'T feed on some form of life, and therefore energy, so... it may not really matter at all... all humans are energy vampires at one stage of their life or another - illness is one instance. During a verbal altercation is another... the winner of the fight literally rips into the loser energetically, and gets a real OOMPH out of sucking down a few bites.

Bright blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Wow Selqetkitty!!!!! That is something else, and very interesting to say the least!!!!

I was going to ask how you knew you had Fae, but I see that you already answered that question!!!!

I have no desire to become a vampire, but I still love vampires and I have a lot of respect for them as well!!!

I had done an immortal in your blood by Magnolia and Ash and found out I had Pan in the bloodline, also were-creature done and found a couple of relatives who were cat and fox were creatures!!!! I haven't done the others as of yet, but maybe I will in the future!!!!!

I think a lot of people get these fantasies about being a vampire or any other like Fae or angel and don't really think things through before trying to do something like that!!!! So this thread gives a lot of very real problems that can happen when one does this.

Very good thread and thank-you for sharing this very important information!!!

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Lady Jay wrote:Err... my apologies.. I should clarify that I am referring to being "turned" so that it actually has a STRONG "TURNING" RESULT in the victim aka being turned by a PURE blood. This, coupled with the fact that the LIKELINESS of such a turning in TODAYS WORLD.. is just NOT likely. If there ARE any PURE blooded vampires alive today.. I would be VERY surprised, so a "turning" from the "watered down" bloodlines is just pointless as the results would be virtually NON EXISTANT. THIS, coupled with the fact that I personally do not believe that there is any other way of being "turned" to a Vampire, makes becoming a Vampire, virtually impossible and thus in todays world, is best left at "not possible".
Most of the thread actually discusses the fact that pure-blood vampires, of any sort, probably don't live on Earth anymore, and that hybrids, born or turned, are mules, and cannot turn others. This whole thread is ONLY about Turned vampires, and the fact that humanity is involved in being Turned, not lost. I guess I should have made that more clear. Hybrids are NOT pureblooded vampires... if you want to know about pure bloods, go to Ash - I know only born hybrids, and a few Turned hybrids... ALL of them are Humans with Problems, and that's really all I wanted to write about... that being Turned isn't the white-wash fix-all that everyone seems to think it is.

It IS possible for a human to, using a type of mental discipline that leads to auric manipulation, become a psychic vampire. I have seen it happen. Unfortunately, once you do this to yourself, it cannot be undone.
Lady Jay wrote:I think even besides that, it is best to NOT assume that EVERY Sang Vampire Spirit one brings in, will want a Blood Offering. Some just don't feel it necessary, and so will not feel the desire to be given one. Case by case, especially with Vampires. They vary in preferences, personality and beliefs as widely as they do in races, cultures bloodlines etc.
The person was asking about ENTITIES, not spirits. With spirits, I agree with you. It should also be noted that, because spirits are dead, they probably also cannot Turn anyone... though again, that's an unproven hypotheses based on other evidence, rather than an absolute fact which I have observed with my own eyes.
Lady Jay wrote:Psy Vampires do NOT just "constantly feed and feed and feed" etc. until they "lose family/jobs" etc... They are inteliigent, and they are not "zombie-types" just CONSTANTLY feeding.. they feed when they need it, and discreetly, obviously unless they are more of the.. unpolite and nasty types. I mean... if that were the case, that would make them ultimately a WEAK species that would have died out LONG ago.. and they are NOT a weak species.
I want to point out that I'm discussing either born or Turned psychic vampires (not pure blooded) who do not know what they are and have no training to control themselves. I'm not discussing the vast majority of vampires who are trained, controlled, and know what they're doing. I really wanted to discuss the downsides of becoming a vampire as WELL as the limited amount of positive upsides - as opposed to what Hollywood suggests about becoming one. This particular problem is one I've encountered MANY times when meeting people who are born psychic vampires and who are out of control. The majority of them were teens, I will admit, but it doesn't change the fact that if you're Turned by something that is not physically present, you run the risk of doing this to yourself.
Lady Jay wrote:They do not all have "long eye teeth", and specifically due to modern day times.. it isn't really needed. Also some have darker skin that isn't actually "pale". I mean... besides the more "olive" skin tones, there ARE African Vampires, so saying that "MOST" are "paler" in skin colour, is silly.
What I meant was that the majority of them are slightly paler than the surrounding humans - there are, of course, exceptions in every race... and while they do have SLIGHTLY longer eyeteeth, the only people who would really NOTICE the difference is probably the dentist... although a friend of mine who is a born Sang felt a strong need to file her teeth when she was young because other children made fun of how much longer her teeth were than theirs.
Lady Jay wrote:I must be honest, I don't like the picture you paint of them. They do NOT need to be "good liars" in order to "get what they want"... Vampires are NATURALLY alluring, charming... they have a natural and deep understanding for a being's core nature and they do NOT need to lie, to be able to get what they want from a human.

Also, they do not ALL find humans "REPULSIVE except as food"..
Again, we're discussing Turned, or born hybrids. In this day and age, no matter how charming you are, at some point, if you are a Sanguine vampire, blades are going to be involved... unless you're sneaky, most people are going to need a little... "assistance" to feel ok with that. By fae values, it's a type of lying... by human values, it's obfuscation. Either way, it's sly.

And... most sanguine vampires who are born DO find humans repulsive. I know of several who complain of how humans smell, complain of their moral and ethical values, and generally have an extremely bad opinion of humans and their energies.
Lady Jay wrote:Vampires are NOT "MONSTERS"... EVER.
Humans either ATTACK or REJECT what they do not understand. A vampire is a PREDATOR, and because his nature is such, does NOT make him "evil" or a "monster".
Again, I finished up this with the statement that humans are the worst monsters I've ever met (or at least I attempted to make that implication). I was attempting to explain that while vampires DO require blood, it's usually the Turned (where something goes BADLY wrong) that go crazy and tear up neighborhoods... because something in their humanity was probably monstrous to begin with... There are some humans who are, let's face it, barely leashed... vampirisim seems to... remove the leash.

Then again... there are some humans who don't have a leash to begin with, and vampirism isn't involved at all.
Lady Jay wrote:We agree to disagree on certain things, and THAT IS OK.
:hug: :hug:

Bright blessings...
Selqet

Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

Lady Jay wrote:
Lady Jay wrote:A HUMAN CANNOT ACTUALLY BECOME A PSY OR SANG VAMPIRE.. NO..
Err... my apologies.. I should clarify that I am referring to being "turned" so that it actually has a STRONG "TURNING" RESULT in the victim aka being turned by a PURE blood. This, coupled with the fact that the LIKELINESS of such a turning in TODAYS WORLD.. is just NOT likely. If there ARE any PURE blooded vampires alive today.. I would be VERY surprised, so a "turning" from the "watered down" bloodlines is just pointless as the results would be virtually NON EXISTANT. THIS, coupled with the fact that I personally do not believe that there is any other way of being "turned" to a Vampire, makes becoming a Vampire, virtually impossible and thus in todays world, is best left at "not possible".
Lady Jay, There are various magickal means of becoming a vampire from what I seen on this forum and in the seller listings..respected sellers. Are you saying that it is impossible, by any means, for a human to become a vampire? Just being curious.

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

nightraven14 wrote:
Lady Jay wrote:
Lady Jay wrote:A HUMAN CANNOT ACTUALLY BECOME A PSY OR SANG VAMPIRE.. NO..
Err... my apologies.. I should clarify that I am referring to being "turned" so that it actually has a STRONG "TURNING" RESULT in the victim aka being turned by a PURE blood. This, coupled with the fact that the LIKELINESS of such a turning in TODAYS WORLD.. is just NOT likely. If there ARE any PURE blooded vampires alive today.. I would be VERY surprised, so a "turning" from the "watered down" bloodlines is just pointless as the results would be virtually NON EXISTANT. THIS, coupled with the fact that I personally do not believe that there is any other way of being "turned" to a Vampire, makes becoming a Vampire, virtually impossible and thus in todays world, is best left at "not possible".
Lady Jay, There are various magickal means of becoming a vampire from what I seen on this forum and in the seller listings..respected sellers. Are you saying that it is impossible, by any means, for a human to become a vampire? Just being curious.
No, she was referring to a human becoming a pure-blood vampire. Even if you were to find a true, non-hybridized physical vampire of either species, a Turned human is a Turned human, a hybrid. The only way to become a pure blood vampire is to be born one, to both a pureblood mother and a pureblood father. Hybrids are always hybrids, turned OR born.

Even magickal or entity assistance, physical/astral/spiritual/whatever - will still leave you with hybridization. You'll gain some TRAITS of vampirism, but you will still be human. You will still be mortal, you will still require physical nourishment, you will still require evacuation, you will still use the shower, and the car, you will still have to work, and shop, and do your homework and your housework.

There is no way for a human to stop being a human except death of the shell. Now... you can be not-human in other ways... but your shell is what it is. There's adaptations that can be made, but the essential matrix will stay the same, as will the surrounding situations and problems.

Bright blessings...
Selqet

Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

This is a interesting reading and this is not something is talked about much, in special about how control is something completely necessary. There's a too much glamour going on about becoming something else. I would be interested in reading about other beings too, do you know any what feed from water energy? And that can mix of people of course.

Return to “EXPLANATIONS”