Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: faun
If I could be anything, I would be...: jackalope
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: cyris

can spirits feel what their vessel feels

Post by pokemonsavage »

if i rub their vessel or drop them can they feel that?
do they even know its happening

1 faun :] 1 veela 8)) 1 throne angel :8) 1 watcher B) 1 warrior angel X..X 1 seraphim 0:) 1 courtwind angel 8.) 1 incubus :>* 1 volkh O.Op 1 garden elf \/ 1 water faery <3 1 nekomata :3 1 dragos :v 1 psy/sang hybrid vamp *0* 1 sang vamp ^^

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 182
Spelled Number: 165
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Re: can spirits feel what their vessel feels

Post by Lewk »

I think it depends. If a bound spirit is paying attention when that happens, I suppose they can tell. A vessel is mainly a magical / energetic link between them and us. They can be in it and can appreciate where we put it - for example some spirits like their vessel to be put on pebbles, or something metallic and so on. The CH Encyclopedia pages have many examples of this. But they're not restricted to their vessels and can be elsewhere - and often are.

Can I ask why you want to know?

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Variable
If I could be anything, I would be...: Deific
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Variable

Post by Muse »

I think they can tell and appreciate certain things, but I don't think they'd feel it in the way a human would feel something. If that makes sense.

pokemonsavage
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: faun
If I could be anything, I would be...: jackalope
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: cyris

Post by pokemonsavage »

Lewk wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:06 pm
I think it depends. If a bound spirit is paying attention when that happens, I suppose they can tell. A vessel is mainly a magical / energetic link between them and us. They can be in it and can appreciate where we put it - for example some spirits like their vessel to be put on pebbles, or something metallic and so on. The CH Encyclopedia pages have many examples of this. But they're not restricted to their vessels and can be elsewhere - and often are.

Can I ask why you want to know?
well sometimes i do like to rub my spirits vessels cause they are nice and smooth , so that got me thinking was all

1 faun :] 1 veela 8)) 1 throne angel :8) 1 watcher B) 1 warrior angel X..X 1 seraphim 0:) 1 courtwind angel 8.) 1 incubus :>* 1 volkh O.Op 1 garden elf \/ 1 water faery <3 1 nekomata :3 1 dragos :v 1 psy/sang hybrid vamp *0* 1 sang vamp ^^

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 182
Spelled Number: 165
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Post by Lewk »

I think our bound spirits, once they've bonded with us, can take a great deal of interest in what we do...if that helps.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

jdhthegr8
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Post by jdhthegr8 »

Intent is everything.

What goes through your mind when you rub their vessel? What is the cause of you dropping them? I doubt a spirit would feel personally hurt by you accidentally dropping them; otherwise I'd have a world of clumsiness to make up for myself! But it would be important to them that you care.

If you drop the vessel and feel bad or even just acknowledge that it was a mistake, that's different from dropping the vessel and thinking "oh it doesn't matter, that's just an object anyways".

If you rub the vessel and think good thoughts about them, then they will love it whether they directly feel the "rubbing" or not. I imagine if you specifically visualize yourself rubbing their form then to them it is all the same. They like that you are thinking about them and showing a form of physical affection, and that moment of focused intent would certainly make them happy. For an inverse example, if you were just absentmindedly fiddling with the vessel while doing something else I don't think most would dislike it per se, but they might not get much out of that

FosEmerald
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: Seremptus of Light Forests

Post by FosEmerald »

I can totally relate to this question! I always rub my MV ring, and give it kisses without thinking hahaha I guess my intent is to show them all at the same time how much I care about them and appreciate them. I sure hope it comes across that way to them.

1 Marid Djinn
1 Ifrit Djinn
1 Peri Djinn
1 Lunar Angel
1 Sanguine Vampire
1 Volkh
1 Tanuki

Return to “Spirit Keeping”