What you don't talk about and why

cairngorn
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

What you don't talk about and why

Post by cairngorn »

The board is great for sharing stories and experiences, but I know that some relationships are very private. Some beings might not want everything to be shared. For keepers whose communication isn't perfect it's sometimes hard to know how a being feels about privacy. Also I know some users prefer not to give other users expectations about spirit keeping that might not be met.

What criteria do you use for sharing vs not sharing?

ilinga
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Re: What you don't talk about and why

Post by ilinga »

Personally I take my time typing stuff and reading it several times before posting and very often I just delete it. It's a mix of intuition and decency, when the communication between us is bad.

Chavah
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 47
Spelled Number: 80
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Volkh, Fylgia
If I could be anything, I would be...: Bronwyn, Cherub, Arc
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes

Post by Chavah »

I chose to share only in context a bit. I might share a minute worth of private stuff, but generally I don't say much about my companions. I feel it's my sacred part of me. Especially, people judge. I don't think, if I can handle that long enough without tears. Yeah, secret is gold. Treasure it, when I share deeply on rare occasions. Generally, forum content is pretty straight forward. Safe to share general experience, wisdom you gained in life, views that are common, interesting things that are rare or discovered. learning curve, supernatural experiences ect. All are safe and wonderful topics to chew on.

Chavah🥀
16Angels
16Creatures
8Dragons
4Faery
5Immortals
1Djinn
1Servitor

cairngorn
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3

Post by cairngorn »

Sometimes I feel weird about sharing something because I don't think people on the forum will want to hear personal stories. Yet I've never minded anyone posting them. Weird.

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 191
Spelled Number: 180
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Post by Lewk »

ilinga wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:24 am
Personally I take my time typing stuff and reading it several times before posting and very often I just delete it. It's a mix of intuition and [...]
I do this too.

Yes, sometimes I think: maybe I'll mention thsi or that on the Forum. But, yes, also a lot of it is private and personal.

On the other hand, it's probably good practice to not expose everything that goes on in our subconscious to the dazzling light of day.

tl/dr: Some things should probably stay in our deep awareness, where they belong. They can get jarred by being dislodged from there.

I'll try and explain why I think this way.

I think a lot of spirit/keeper interaction takes place in a subtle way in the deeper, not-entirely-conscious part of our awareness. Many years ago I was taught the Transcendental Meditation mantra. It was marketed as being a unique mantra for everyone. In reality the same mantra was taught to everyone but it was gradually implanted into the recipient by ever quieter repetition, until you were saying it mentally. That way it became customised or 'owned' by that person and in fact was quite deep inside your consciousness. I've always avoided saying that mantra out loud to anyone else to this day. That way it remains available to my deep consciousness like it always has been.

One of my most memorable spiritual experiences came from doing a Chinese standing practice. It was so powerfuI that I was surrounded by a white light mist with my eyes open that looked so much like fog or smoke that I actually stopped and checked my flat. A few days later I was at a bar I frequented. A guy I knew asked me how I was and I started to tell him about this incredible chi kung practice I'd done. "It's just ridiculous." I began...then I realised I couldn't tell him everything as he'd probably think I was loopy..."It's just ridiculous.", I finished lamely.

Since then I've found it harder to revisit that state of awareness so clearly. My conscious mind now has some ownership of it and gets in the way somewhat.

Some things should probably stay in our deep awareness, where they belong. They can get jarred by being dislodged from there. I hope that makes some kind of sense. Reading it back, I'm not sure how well I explained myself.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

Angelik
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Post by Angelik »

I write and delete often too. As in the beginning it sounds a great idea to share but after a while I find reasons not to share.

Usually the reasons are:

1) Anecdote interesting to me but maybe not to others
2) I don't want to give others the feeling that something happening to me will happen to them and it is very easy to do, as we are all different in our perception, I don't want to be a reason for disappointment.
2) My companions won't like if I share stuff about them, it happened once I wrote a post in the adult section, it was not directly about my companion, it was more a question coming from the interaction I had with him. He did not find it a good idea, and before pushing the submit button the roller blind in the room fell down making a loud sound. I took it as a clear sign. I then asked and he told me it was too intimate, not to share,
3) The info is just too unbelievable at times, that people might think I invented it, I just want attention, or I have a mental problem LOL.
4) Sharing certain experiences may end up in those experiences not happening anymore (as Lewk mentioned)

Explorer of the unknown.
Breathing and living magick.
Peaceful Warrior.
Protector of the animals.
Vegan AF.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”