Unbalance?

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

So I've heard it suggested that working only with one class of elemental is unbalancing. Like if you focus on fire only you may end up with a hard to control temper. I'm guessing this also applies to spirits that are not elementals but have a focus on one or two elements.

(It seems to me like bound spirits can influence you, just like any other friend you spend lots of time around over a long time.)

I'm wondering about people's collections and whether anyone with multiple spirits with one area of focus (an element or a skill) has found this to be true?

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I am a very strong white arts lady for a preference of uplifting positive, high frequency energy. I need this due to the health care environment to keep me balanced. BUT the only side effects from my black dragon was moodiness. I remember I had to actually put his vessel outside into my car. And tell him, he can have my whole car as his cave to rest from now. 😴 Just for me to get my uplifting, positive harmonious emotional state back.

This settled now. And his vessel is back in my neck. Nevertheless, he loves my car to himself 🚗🤗🐲

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

Giving him his own place seems like a good solution.

I'm interested in a fire being despite being pretty firey already. I wonder if I'd need to take extra time to chill out or spend more time in the bath to balance. Or maybe I could do what you're doing and ask them to leave when I feel in danger of burning out.

Or maybe a fire being could help. I was told once in the past "you're a fire person, but you keep trying to run ice energy" and apparently that's not great to do or something?

Yes I am overthinking as usual. "Be Prepared" is my motto.

Amarantha
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

I think balance is important in EVERYTHING. Whether it be mundane things like diet and exercise, being careful not to over work yourself and take some personal time for yourself or spiritual things.
I mentioned some of this before in a post when I first joined here but before I started spirit "keeping" I was only interested in working with the infernal. It was Lucifer who told me I needed balance and I believe had led me to CH (because I have no clue how I did not come across this community sooner) which has opened so many doors for me and I have already learned so much in such a short amount of time. I feel silly now that I use to be scared of angels. I think my experiences with growing up christian I associated angels with "God" and anytime they came up even in a book I would skip past it or move on to something else completely. I did feel comfortable hiding in the dark so to speak. I felt safe there...But that is exactly what I was doing.. HIDING..
It was the amazing Lord Lucifer who told me I was doing my self a disservice and there needs to be balance.
I might have felt safe and comfortable before with the DA and at the time I thought I was happy there. I mean I was happier than I had ever been before. They helped me pull myself up from a deep hole of a lifetime of depression. Helped me become stronger and start healing from the abuse I have gone through. But I will admit after coming to CH and stepping out of my "comfort zone" and meeting so many wonderful white arts spirits, including angels who I forever thought I wanted nothing to do with I found another level of happiness, an even higher level. A level I did not know existed and I am still in the beginning of my spirit keeping journey so I just know there is so much more greatness ahead for me.
So I realize I have wandered a bit off topic lol but I would like to end this by saying thank you to my spirit companions and all their love and support, thank you to all of you in this community for your advice and sharing your amazing stories, and thank you to ash magnolia and the entire CH team for all the amazing things you do for all of us! <3 :>*

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

cairngorn wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:27 pm So I've heard it suggested that working only with one class of elemental is unbalancing. Like if you focus on fire only you may end up with a hard to control temper. I'm guessing this also applies to spirits that are not elementals but have a focus on one or two elements.

(It seems to me like bound spirits can influence you, just like any other friend you spend lots of time around over a long time.)

I'm wondering about people's collections and whether anyone with multiple spirits with one area of focus (an element or a skill) has found this to be true?
IMHO not necessarily. Sometimes working with only one element can help you specialize and if you have a natural affinity for that element they can show you how to work with it- including potential pitfalls. Those elemental beings can also give you information in a way that you "get". Whereas working with an elemental that is the total opposite of you has the potential to be frustrating. That could be due to inherent resistance (what fire wants to deal with the potential of being extinguished by water?), or even a communication barrier because the concepts of your opposite element are foreign. Try telling a control freak of an energizer bunny to let go and go with the flow and you'll see what I mean.

That being said, I'd say take a page out of Amarantha's book and stick with your element until someone tells you that you need to balance and directs you accordingly. Your spirits will know better when the time is right.

As for me personally I am a Jack of all Trades...and a master of none. And I am OK with that. 8))

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Return to “Spirit Keeping”