Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

Just curious to read your experiences with spirit keeping regarding changes in taste or interests.

I have noticed that my taste and desires for certain food has changed since connecting with my spirit keep.
One of the biggest ones is that I was vegan for several years, mostly because of health issues and trying to care better for my body. I had a strong intolerance to any meats , meats would cause my kidneys to hurt and if I continued to ignore it I'd have to make trips to my doctor 😬😬 so I cut meat out completely.

So here's the interesting part. I am eating meat now. Lol...And lots of it. And I'm noticing it gives me energy and I don't feel any pain anymore. I find myself craving things like salami, steak and hamburger. I sleep less now and wake up with more energy than even the time before I was vegan.
Also my entire life I was never one to eat sweets and if presented with ice cream I would eat one bite and put it back in the freezer. I would never finish a container of ice cream before it got freezer burn.
And now..well lol I ate 4 motchi ice cream pieces last time I went out for sushi. I'm eating chocolate covered coffee beans with my spirit keep, like it's popcorn lol and I have no self control when I'm in the candy aisle picking things out for my keep.
Putting peanut butter on apples?! Lol πŸ˜‚
Certain oils that I didn't like the smell of (patchouli...blecchhh) I now enjoy occasionally.
My appetite is also very low, I don't feel hungry all day until about 8 pm.
Another thing , I speak my mind more openly and people no longer interrupt me while I'm speaking.
Things that used to bother me before don't even phase me now, and I feel way more grounded and happy that I have ever felt in my life!

I would love to hear your stories, what changes have you noticed in yourself since you started spirit keeping ?
Do you dislike or like any of them ?
Please share!❀️❀️
Much respect,
M

β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’
π•―π–†π–ˆπ–Žπ–†π–“π–†
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

Thank you for sharing your experiences! To me the opposite happened and after years of trying and not succeeding I was finally able to quit eating animal products. I have been vegan for 4 years now.
I also find myself more into diy things,,, I think it is the elves lol

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Angelik wrote: ↑Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:14 am Thank you for sharing your experiences! To me the opposite happened and after years of trying and not succeeding I was finally able to quit eating animal products. I have been vegan for 4 years now.
That is impressive, 4 years is a long time to go without meat. 😊 I have heard that some spirits love meat and some don't like it. I know my vampires love when I cook steak for them. I wonder what it's like to have elves in your keep? They seem so light and brilliant, I can't imagine an elf eating a bloody steak..but who knows? Lol

β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

FrostLightDjinn wrote: ↑Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:00 am
Angelik wrote: ↑Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:14 am Thank you for sharing your experiences! To me the opposite happened and after years of trying and not succeeding I was finally able to quit eating animal products. I have been vegan for 4 years now.
That is impressive, 4 years is a long time to go without meat. 😊 I have heard that some spirits love meat and some don't like it. I know my vampires love when I cook steak for them. I wonder what it's like to have elves in your keep? They seem so light and brilliant, I can't imagine an elf eating a bloody steak..but who knows? Lol
I think there are people who have been many more years than me on a plant based diet, but thank you! 😊 yeah it is often said that vamps like stakes, depending on the vamp..I have one that sometimes makes me feeling the smell of grilled stake when he is around. He has not done it for a while though..
Elves are peaceful beings, they are also very intelligent and definitely increase your connection with the animals. I have never seen my elves eating meat, but yeah who knows maybe some do lol

jezebela
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: jazne

mine is a wish granting spirit. i was told she likes sweet stuff, because that's what she would like to have as an offering apart from incense. but i don't feel i have changed anything physically like my companion.

Metheus North
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 500
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Metheus North
It’s my birthday
Zodiac:

I have noticed that my Fibro flares are less often. I was bed bound for weeks at a time. I am able to enjoy VR games, I started cleaning house because my family is a trio of slobs, and I have a bit more energy. I still have to fight my lethargy but that is slowly getting better.

Food wise, I get weird cravings. One day, I will want breakfast sandwiches, the next day I want veggies and fish. It is a diet of variety lol.

I have also have moments that I smell things like a perfume that I don't recognize or a hint of cigars (I quit smoking 3 years ago and only smoked cigarettes).

A huge improvement I have noticed is that my family has more positive attitudes and love. Especially with my son who has Autism Spectrum Disorder. He has a flower Faery and a blue dragon. My partner is more attentive to me lately, more cuddles. It also doesn't take as long to de-stress when he gets home from work.

windaaa
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 2
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Ravix of Fourhorn

I’ve notice i sing more since my angel came, and I despise fish now, like the texture makes me nauseous, I don’t know which spirit makes me like this but I suspect flygia πŸ˜… i got angel-infused service via bogo, but I don’t feel anything changed. Except maybe i act nicely towards children 🀣

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Sysygy wrote: ↑Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:06 pm Just curious to read your experiences with spirit keeping regarding changes in taste or interests.

I have noticed that my taste and desires for certain food has changed since connecting with my spirit keep.
One of the biggest ones is that I was vegan for several years, mostly because of health issues and trying to care better for my body. I had a strong intolerance to any meats , meats would cause my kidneys to hurt and if I continued to ignore it I'd have to make trips to my doctor 😬😬 so I cut meat out completely.

So here's the interesting part. I am eating meat now. Lol...And lots of it. And I'm noticing it gives me energy and I don't feel any pain anymore. I find myself craving things like salami, steak and hamburger. I sleep less now and wake up with more energy than even the time before I was vegan.
Also my entire life I was never one to eat sweets and if presented with ice cream I would eat one bite and put it back in the freezer. I would never finish a container of ice cream before it got freezer burn.
And now..well lol I ate 4 motchi ice cream pieces last time I went out for sushi. I'm eating chocolate covered coffee beans with my spirit keep, like it's popcorn lol and I have no self control when I'm in the candy aisle picking things out for my keep.
Putting peanut butter on apples?! Lol πŸ˜‚
Certain oils that I didn't like the smell of (patchouli...blecchhh) I now enjoy occasionally.
My appetite is also very low, I don't feel hungry all day until about 8 pm.
Another thing , I speak my mind more openly and people no longer interrupt me while I'm speaking.
Things that used to bother me before don't even phase me now, and I feel way more grounded and happy that I have ever felt in my life!

I would love to hear your stories, what changes have you noticed in yourself since you started spirit keeping ?
Do you dislike or like any of them ?
Please share!❀️❀️
Much respect,
M
I've stayed true to my own tastes and interests throughout this journey. If anything, I've been encouraged to eat healthier and reduce my intake of processed foods. Despite being naturally lean, I find myself eating less than before, which isn't ideal for me since I'm a big food lover. Lol. I also have to share my meat for offerings, which isn't ideal either. However, we still remain friends because they leave out the fries! Just kidding!

Before discovering Spirit Keeping, I used to visit the chiropractor regularly due to the physical nature of my work. However, that has since stopped. I'm currently not taking any medication because although I once had aspirations of becoming a doctor, I changed paths and have gained a lot of knowledge about medicine. Now, I'm self-medicating, but my stock at home is not being used at all, which is a good thing.

I've always had a weakness for sweets, and that hasn't changed even after recognizing my past lives as Faes. I always have a collection of sweet snacks and candies at home. When I go to a sushi restaurant, I indulge in a main dish, a sushi plate, and a couple of mochi desserts all by myself, with no leftovers. Lol. I'm that bad. However, I haven't reached the level of putting peanut butter on apples yet! Haha.

I absolutely love trying new sweets, whether I purchase them online or in-store. I have a tendency to consume a lot of food, so my eating habits stay pretty consistent. In fact, they have actually helped me save a lot of money on food. Lol. Whenever I have a craving, though, it feels like I have to overcome various rejections before deciding not to indulge. Lol. However, if someone is a vegan or has never eaten meat or sweets a lot before, they would definitely notice a significant change as you stated. That's why the first thing I plan to introduce to my parents when they start Spirit Keeping is Vampires, as the Vampires will give them an opportunity to enjoy some more meat.

I have a passion for different types of wax melts, oil scents, and perfumes, and that has only grown since embarking on this path. Some of the cheeky beings I interact with have specific perfume preferences, so I've been collecting more scents, which I'm perfectly fine with. I would have bought more on my own, but their suggestions have helped me reduce my hoarding tendencies. I'm actually going in the opposite direction now, cutting down on unnecessary purchases. Remember when I mentioned having 700 incense sticks in a previous comment on your blog? That's how bad it was. I still want more, it's never enough for me. Lol. But they have put their foot down and said no.

I absolutely adore having my very dark DA beings, and I've grown so much by becoming more confident in expressing my thoughts. Previously, I was hesitant to voice my opinions, but now I embrace being outspoken. Additionally, I've become better at establishing healthy boundaries in my human relationships. I couldn't ask for anything more, as I'm filled with happiness and deep gratitude for the presence of my companions in my life.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Oh man things have changed a lot since I first started this thread πŸ˜‚

Thanks for sharing your experiences here Tarvos πŸ™πŸ˜Š. I don't blame you at all with the incense thing, incense is great. You would probably enjoy making your own!

I came back around to being mostly vegan. What I mean by that is often my new family will make big holiday dinners that include meat, and I'll eat it. But I don't buy meat anymore for myself. Or cheese ugh I miss cheese πŸ˜† while my kidneys and body is fine now, If I eat meat I just feel heavy , and ugh after eating it. I've become way more sensitive to what I put in my body since working on my energy more. I become more energized from eating veggies and other foods now.

My diet now is mostly veggies, fruits, rice, roots, certain grains, oats, beans, nuts and seeds, spirulina, tempeh, medicinal teas, and a focus on micronutrients.

If I do buy meat it's to cook it for a friend or feed it to the crows.
I adore cooking for friends and family, and they all love meat so I make sure to cook them meals with meat often.
While I don't offer meat to my vampires as much as I used to, they do get more of the other offerings like nice wines (they get to pick), chocolate, candles, jewelry, incense and crystals.

Adair Lasair BΓ‘n
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Sysygy wrote: ↑Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:00 pm Oh man things have changed a lot since I first started this thread πŸ˜‚

Thanks for sharing your experiences here Tarvos πŸ™πŸ˜Š. I don't blame you at all with the incense thing, incense is great. You would probably enjoy making your own!

I came back around to being mostly vegan. What I mean by that is often my new family will make big holiday dinners that include meat, and I'll eat it. But I don't buy meat anymore for myself. Or cheese ugh I miss cheese πŸ˜† while my kidneys and body is fine now, If I eat meat I just feel heavy , and ugh after eating it. I've become way more sensitive to what I put in my body since working on my energy more. I become more energized from eating veggies and other foods now.

My diet now is mostly veggies, fruits, rice, roots, certain grains, oats, beans, nuts and seeds, spirulina, tempeh, medicinal teas, and a focus on micronutrients.

If I do buy meat it's to cook it for a friend or feed it to the crows.
I adore cooking for friends and family, and they all love meat so I make sure to cook them meals with meat often.
While I don't offer meat to my vampires as much as I used to, they do get more of the other offerings like nice wines (they get to pick), chocolate, candles, jewelry, incense and crystals.
@Sysygy I also notice a heavy feeling after eating meat!

Now that you mentioned this, I'm actually keen to cut back on meat now. I adore veggies and grains/rice/couscous, and I also feel fantastic after eating them. I generally prefer eating healthy, and most of my diet is choosing healthier options. I love fish as well, and I have a weakness for nuts, though due to nuts being on the pricier side I get peanuts and raisins more often than the mixed nuts.

I picked some spinach from our veggie garden just a couple days ago and made a yummy, spicy spinach dish with garlic. Loved it! Albeit I did make it a tad too hot lol, but it was still delicious.

β€œMay the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Return to β€œSpirit Keeping”