venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

creepyhollows wrote:
o.o Has anyone ever thought of perhaps a spirit or entity who sticks around in this lifetime who might have been soul bound to us in the previous life? Surely something like this isn't a new concept. It's a curiosity.. I guess, similar to how ancestors stick around for many generations.
It wouldn't be impossible, I suppose, moreso if it was in the last 300 years, but overall most religions & most spiritual based practices do not want to interfere with the divine aspect of themselves. Some religions teach to tamper with the soul denies an afterlife, others that souls can be bought & traded in the afterlife depending on level of diminish during life, and most deter from soul tampering because they fear doing so will have some unforeseen repercussion.

However, despite your reincarnation beliefs, a spirit would not have to be bound to your soul in order for them to find you in the next life. If you believe spirits are going to be reincarnated with you then you are putting a lot of faith into the belief that your subsequent life(s) would practice the paranormal and even realize that they have a spirit with them! Or, that you would reincarnate into a human again and not something else (as some reincarnation beliefs mean you could come back as animal, vegetable, or mineral).

Not only that, but with reincarnation you do not have control over who you come back as, and it isn't your soul that reincarnates anyway. You, while parts of you may be with the next incarnation, are NOT the same person you are right now, and the spirits who are with you in this life may not be what is needed in the next. You will never be who you are in this life again.
Hm... that's interesting to think about.

Sometimes I have to wonder though just because of the whole guardian angel thing. I know that might be a different thing all together but yea - I'd have to agree with the soul binding when it comes to finding us in our next life. Maybe I'm being whimsical or something, but if they find us, they find us, right?

Thank you for the answer!

ImageImageImageImageImage
Endymion Ink
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Wisp
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Proud spiritual brother of Yllektmas
Zodiac:

Magnolia: It seems i had some misunderstanding still about the difference. Had read your posts before, but thank you for reposting.

TM: To answer your questions, honestly i would not have noticed any difference, either at the time of or after the change (went from spirit to soul). Im sure someone as sensitive as you would definitely sense something.

Endy

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Everything I write I have lived;
Everything I write is an implication
Of that which I have not..."
- P. M.

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." - W. B. Yeats
canalyardsproject
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 1000
Zodiac:

Im really just curious
What can be achieved through a soul binding that can't be achieved through any type of bonding?
If you have a spirit bound to your soul, do you think it follows you into heaven?
I believe in reincarnation but as magnolia said it's not really your soul that gets reincarnated and chances that you'll be reincarnated as someone interested in magick is probably slim. Just because "you" want to be one in your next life...it just doesn't work that way. And how would spirits bound to "your" soul in a past life still be with you- because that soul would just have moved on to heaven or whatever they believed in because again your soul isn't what gets reincarnated.

nothing lasts
Turtlefae
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 135

Terror wrote:I was going to report that things are different now -- I recently was thinking over the subject of a soul binding and I indicated to her my thoughts and of course since we are so closely bonded, I didn't even have to finish a complete sentence and I could already hear her replying in her tranquil gentle voice. I believe, and I asked several times to make sure I was hearing her correctly, that she is ok with this idea. She has expressed from the get-go that this is a huge honor but -- and this is just a feeling more than words I've picked up from her end -- things may be different for me later and I may feel differently in another lifetime about having her around me. Our spirits can see more into our situation than we can and I knew she could see something to our relationship that I could not so I honored her opinion. Now, it feels different. I'm not certain when the shift took place... but I sense she's closer to "yes" than before. I just asked her and I get the feeling it isn't a definitive YES, but it isn't a hesitant NO like before.

Here's the thing: bindings of any kind require the spirit's consent, so if the spirit refuses to a soul binding with you, it won't happen... so I am thinking of paying the Bun Bun for a soul binding with my lovely girl... if she refuses, I'll honor it and if she says yes, well, that would be lovely.

I don't think soul bindings should be taken lightly at all, entirely different from spirit bindings of course. i wonder if my connection will increase, meaning if I'll hear her even more clearly on a telepathic level should we proceed with the soul binding.

I can imagine it being a very emotional experience. I'd like to do a small ritual and time it with the binding process.
Hello Terror, if you see this post, I would love to know if you ever did go through getting a soul binding with your gold dragon and hear any experiences you might have had with that. I know you've gone through a lot of shift in your spirituality, do you have different thoughts about soul binding now or anything else you want to share?

shortbred
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: brenna

I only have one soul binding and he is from vampirelover. He is a spirit and we shared a life together several hundred years before. Thru all my different lives he has been with me except for this one. The soul binding was his request and he was insistent that I work with him to remember our life together. I didnt hesitate for several reasons. One of the reasons was I saw him and felt a Deja Vu. Almost like I knew him from somewhere else. Have things changed for me? Yes. I feel his caring presence with me all the time. Have I remembered my life with him? Yes part of it. But that is something we have the rest of my human life to do. I agree a soul binding isnt for everyone. But in my case it was the best thing for US.

I want you to believe...To believe in things you cannot. Bram Stoker
Truth_Seeker
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: I'm not sure.
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Satyr.
My magical/paranormal name...: Sorrow
Zodiac:

Question, the moment you die, do your spirits leave instantly? Or can you still be with them? Because I was wondering, I have no spirits bound to my soul or spirit. So my real question is, before or after I die, can I ask my spirits to be with me after I die? or do I have to do like a ritual or something for them to be with me after I die?.

TeddyBearTechie
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sexual Spirit
Zodiac:

Truth_Seeker wrote:Question, the moment you die, do your spirits leave instantly? Or can you still be with them? Because I was wondering, I have no spirits bound to my soul or spirit. So my real question is, before or after I die, can I ask my spirits to be with me after I die? or do I have to do like a ritual or something for them to be with me after I die?.
I definitely want to know the answer to this!

Thanks all,
The one, the only TeddyBearTechie!

ImageImage
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Truth_Seeker wrote:Question, the moment you die, do your spirits leave instantly? Or can you still be with them? Because I was wondering, I have no spirits bound to my soul or spirit. So my real question is, before or after I die, can I ask my spirits to be with me after I die? or do I have to do like a ritual or something for them to be with me after I die?.

I wouldnt see why not if one chose to remain in the ether upon death, they would find their spiritual companion. In the infinite platform we are all bound to 'connect' anyways, nothing can be lost. Soul binding and other such rituals in that instance I think would not be necessary.

Truth_Seeker
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks for the reply, I hope more people can share what they think...

Truth_Seeker
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

::bump::

Return to “Spirit Keeping”