good tarot spreads for spirit communication
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:20 pm
I was looking for these myself, and decided to condense them in an area where people might be more likely to see it.
REMOVED - DO NOT RETRY wrote:This is just a layout for my favorite spread to use, and you can use it with either traditional tarot or an oracle deck (I've had great luck with both!) It's actually derived from a spread I found on Aeclectic Tarot, but the design is my own. It's nine cards.
1. Most important characteristics of the spirit.
2. Their strengths.
3. Their limits-what they can't/won't do.
4. What they're here to teach you, their keeper.
5. How to best collaborate with this spirit.
6. Potential outcome of the relationship.
7. Traits/Characteristics the spirit wants to brag about/show off.
8. How the spirit views you.
9. How the spirit views themselves.
It's a little lengthy, but I feel like it covers all my bases.
AmethystRayne wrote:You can always make your own spread too, but if you're new it's best to keep it under 3-5 cards. Just ask questions and pull cards. You can lay it out and ask something similar to this...
1. What is something about your personality I may or may not know?
2. Why did you choose to be with me?
3. What can I do to help bond (or communicate, show my appreciation, etc. --- you're going to want to pick just one of these at a time)?
Sionnach wrote:Also, I use this simple 3-card spread often for talking to my spirits:
1. How the spirit feels
2. How your relationship stands at the present moment
3. What the spirit wants/needs from you right now
It's a good 'check up' reading that can expand into a conversation about your relationship and how it can grow. It can sometimes have a harsh truth in it, so be ready. And of course, if you don't know the meaning of any card by heart, there's no shame in looking it up in a book or online. But always keep in mind the 'gut feeling' you get from cards, too.