Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: less of a mess
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Arsinée
Zodiac:

For those who are keepers of both living entities and spirits, would you say there are any differences in interaction & manifestations? And does the initial bonding come in a bit different or stronger?

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: less of a mess
My magical/paranormal name...: Arsinée
Zodiac:

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

No, the other duplicate thread was archived.
You're good B)

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

chemtrailchild wrote:For those who are keepers of both living entities and spirits, would you say there are any differences in interaction & manifestations? And does the initial bonding come in a bit different or stronger?
The interactions and manifestations are very similar. You won't feel much difference, although I have never seen the living entities manifest orbs and the like - I only have had telepathic interactions and visions from them.

For me, I experience slightly more intense sensations from the living entities, but it's not always consistent.

Bonding is different as they are not always around all the time. Since they are living they come and go as they take care of responsibilities within their realm, so they are not always sticking around. That said, this probably varies by the individual and type of entity. I figure protectors, for example, may be more committed to being present. For me, the living angels have never interacted with me and I actually have never had visions or other evidence of them. I assume they are there and I still greet them daily, but I've honestly never experienced any interactions at all with them. There's a chance I probably should have CH check their binding, so maybe that's just my individual experience.

My absolute strongest and most constant and eager companion that's around more often than not is my Averka friend. I actually find her far more intense and stronger in manifestation than either of my Concuans.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

There is hardly any difference in my experience either. My two living entities seem just to be the same as my spirits, except for the whole fact of they’re not always there or available. My living high elf entity stops by whenever I call him, mainly at night when I invite him to hang out while I settle down to sleep. My unicorn shifter seems to be the same, he comes around and watches when I call him but otherwise hes out exploring. I haven’t gotten many manifestations from them except for my high elf entity, who he has on occasion touched my arm to let me know hes there or leaving. It just feels like a pressure that’s not coming from me.

Initial bonding is always variable between any individual entity or spirit you get, so I can’t say that living entities are different then spirits. Some might be more sensitive to the entities more than spirits, but that comes down on the individual Keeper :)

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

The short answer is that there are very few differences, if any, and those differences that do exist depend on the person.

For example, I bond well with Spirits over Entities, but this is possibly because I'm generally speaking more in tune with the dearly departed than the living. I dislike knowing that I could be interrupting someone's life or otherwise be too needy, and while Spirits do have things go on as well, they're a lot more available and invested in my life, and so I don't feel as bad when I call on them for guidance, help, or just to provide an Offering.

That being said, I've seen some sellers use Entity and Spirit interchangeably as terms for "Nonphysical Beings" so that's something to watch out for as well, if you're deciding on purchasing one or the other based on experiences anyway.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Dragona
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: goddess
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Like the others have said, there aren't much differences between the two. Now, there may be people who can connect easier or faster or what have you to spirits compared to living entities and then, you can have that the other way around and then there are those who may connect just about the same with both spirits and living entities.

Whether it be spirit or living entity, just some prefer to manifest in different ways compared to others or what may be easier for the keeper.
When I was somewhat younger, I could sense spirits lots better in different ways but, at this point in my life, I'm going through some stuff and the senses just aren't there like they used to be but I'm working on those parts of myself. But, I do have some great interactions/manifestations that occur with the living entities in my family at present.

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner

Definitely I prefer living entities, but that is just my own personal taste, I somehow connect easier with them and I found them to me, exactly.. "more alive" than spirits LOL. Although living entities are said to have their own life and that they do not stick around with you all the time, I feel mine are often around and if not, they are with me in a split of a second after summoning them. I still get spirits from time to time if I feel a strong call, and for some type, I prefer them in spirit form, for example vampires and others more on the darker spectrum.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”