Which Gender Do You Usually Pick For Spirit?

TrueGalacticPrince
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune & Courtwind
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Morrwin
Zodiac:

I have more males than females, there are 11 males and 5 females in the Keep. It's not on purpose really, it just happens. Only 6 of these beings were custom conjured the rest were pre-conjured. I just felt a calling to them and they just happened to be male.

1=Nixie (Nix) 1=Masheba (Z) 1=Courtwind Angel (F) 1=Chinese Fox (Lady Fox) 1=Bellaydi Elf (B-Elf) 1=Hippogryph (H-Gryph) 1=Ivory Dragon (Roo or Nap Dragon) 1=Kobold (C) 1=Cwn Annew (C-Hound) 1=Ki-Lin (Z-Lin) 1=Wraith? (Casper) 1=Kitsune (T) 1=Norse Tiger (D) 1=Pet Dragon (E) 1=Midnight Moon Angel of Abundance (S) 1=Were-Dragon (K) 1=Selkie (M) 1=Alya 1=Raiju (A)
Flux
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

I seem to enjoy trying to keep my family balanced by gender. For example I have two feline spirits, one male one female. Two demonic entities, one male one female. Etc.

I'm very curious to interact with more genderfluid entities as that is closer to my internal orientation.

divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,
I would welcome any genders.

Emperor_Warlocks
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: DA/WA
If I could be anything, I would be...: ALIVE again....

This would solely depend on the type of spirits and their attributes along with reasons to have both in keep. I would welcome both genders in any case uwu

It was the power of a stone that brought them together in such joy and passion. A stone that could aid in clearing every stressful thought and replace it with love. The Rose Quartz was the answer to all his needs with the woman in his life who he loved dearly. As they held the crystal together, they felt the bond of trust could never be broken as within them the love of a goddest between Man and Woman was far too powerful to even appear as such visions and interfere.
JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any, really.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jen
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A

Bartlebee wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:45 pm The majority of my keep are female, because I like females 😉. However I have been warned that only getting one gender risks creating energetic imbalances. So when I was a new keeper it was something like 8:1, these days I'm trying to go more for 3:2. But when it comes to most custom conjures I'll ask for best energy match, regardless of gender.

And yes, this means that once or twice highly erotic male entities that love sex came through for me! But that's okay. Their friendship and abilities are more important than serving as the fulfillment of my fantasies.
Energetic imbalances? Can you explain more about that?

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” - A.A. Milne

”If you can't stop thinking about it...buy it.” - Anonymous

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi
Bartlebee
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 500
Zodiac:

JenNeutral wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:58 pm
Bartlebee wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:45 pm The majority of my keep are female, because I like females 😉. However I have been warned that only getting one gender risks creating energetic imbalances. So when I was a new keeper it was something like 8:1, these days I'm trying to go more for 3:2. But when it comes to most custom conjures I'll ask for best energy match, regardless of gender.

And yes, this means that once or twice highly erotic male entities that love sex came through for me! But that's okay. Their friendship and abilities are more important than serving as the fulfillment of my fantasies.
My understanding is that humans usually have a mixture of male and female energies. But if we only surround ourselves with spirit companions of one sex, we risk upsetting our energy balance. For a man, being surrounded by female energy can cause our male "pole" to flare out of control trying to "equalize" the strong feminine energy in our spirit companions.

While that may be fun in the moment, it can be more energy all at once in a way my body energetic bodies cannot handle. So to stay balanced (I almost said "grounded" but that's not right here) you need to have a mix of spirit companions. From what I have gleaned, many of the water spirits are almost completely female energy-so mermaids and naiads can especially cause men to go "crazy".

JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any, really.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jen
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A

Bartlebee wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:11 pm
JenNeutral wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:58 pm

My understanding is that humans usually have a mixture of male and female energies. But if we only surround ourselves with spirit companions of one sex, we risk upsetting our energy balance. For a man, being surrounded by female energy can cause our male "pole" to flare out of control trying to "equalize" the strong feminine energy in our spirit companions.

While that may be fun in the moment, it can be more energy all at once in a way my body energetic bodies cannot handle. So to stay balanced (I almost said "grounded" but that's not right here) you need to have a mix of spirit companions. From what I have gleaned, many of the water spirits are almost completely female energy-so mermaids and naiads can especially cause men to go "crazy".
Oh, I did not know that. I'm learning something new every day. 8)) Thank you for making it clear for me.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” - A.A. Milne

”If you can't stop thinking about it...buy it.” - Anonymous

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi
Syrah
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: ET
If I could be anything, I would be...: Galactic Being

Four males. Three females. One unidentified gender/neither male nor female alien.
I don’t have a preference. If I get a CC, I just write non-sexual being.

Shran/Shrek Fan since 2001.

10 partners in crime, 6 healers, 1 businessman & 1 wise teacher.

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” — The Little Prince.
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

I choose both. I think that having a larger spirit pool to choose from is a good thing and I don't really have a preference.

LittleBat
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I always stuck to males, for quite a while - I grew up in a mostly male family, and never really knew how to relate to females, so the idea of female spirits around was honestly...intimidating? Lol! But then female spirits just started coming through, when I was browsing certain species, and...we got on really well! So now there's an...almost even balance, still more males, by a little bit, but I think it's good having a blend now, & actually I feel like my ability to get on with/relate to females is improving, having them around, plus I'm learning the wonderful things female spirits and people can bring to the table. I'm very glad that the first two, (quite headstrong! ;-) ) female spirits did come busting into the all-guy spirit zone to put themselves forward - I love both of them to bits, in very different but wonderful ways. As far as protectors go, females definitely seem to kick equal butt, to say the least, but can also have a really fun girly side at times, or even feel somewhat sisterly/motherly when you need that kind of energy. They're incredibly versatile <3

...so these days, though I think the family is complete, now...if I ever do end up going for another spirit, I suspect I'll leave the gender unspecified, and just see who comes through! (Actually, last time I did specify gender, I was trying to keep the numbers equal, but there was either a phallus up in the order, or the spirits were just REALLY determined to stay together, so I got more girls, & either way, I am SO glad - they are amazing and I wouldn't change that mix for the world!)

Return to “Spirit Keeping”