Genuine spirit contact vs imagination

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master

How do you differentiate "real"/genuine spirit contact from daydreaming and imagination?

In my case this is how I distinguish between the two. A genuine contact:

1) happens spontaneously, often when I least expect it
2) does not require me to force my brain to start imagining or fantasizing, the visions or telepathic communication happens spontaneously. It is like if I tell you to imagine an apple, that kind of effort you put into creating the image of the apple is what I call imagination
3) does not necessarily align with my expectations on how a spirit should reply to me or on what he will tell me or how he will present himself to me
4) may create a sense of awe, like "how could that really be possible?"
5) if I think a genuine contact happened I double-check with a divination method, I ask the spirit to give proof that he was contacting me and I was not just fantasizing

Regarding point 2, I use that kind of "forced" imagination only when I summon, to call the spirit, it helps connecting, but after that I usually wait and let it flow. If the spirit will contact me back I will start receiving visions from him or various signs and from there I will be able to connect more with him.

I'm curious to know about your methods, how you differentiate the two.

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I differentiate using each method you mentioned, except 2 and 3 are harder for me to do. Naturally being a visual person, I am constantly thinking in visuals, so I don't usually pick things up unless they are really spontaneous or out of the ordinary, or I feel that sense of awe or intuitive response that what just happened was not me kind of thing. I always, always double-check with a divination method, because there are times when I've felt off and actually got something that I thought was spiritually related not at all related.

I've had actual visions and dreams with spirits that have happened that I've taken the time to reflect on to help me better understand the feeling that they created so that when I get experiences like that again, I tend to compare it back to the ones that I know definitely happened. It all has taken time and patience to get these experiences to accumulate a little in order to do this.

I tend to feel things out for what they are, and with my science background, I go through a list of discernment in order to determine if something was spiritually related as well. Questions such as "Did anything cause that?", or repeating whatever movements I just did to determine if it was a reflection of light on my glasses, or observing my surroundings to see if something unrelated happened to interfere with something I thought was spiritual is another way I go about double checking things. Sometimes there is no need to go through it.. for example, one time I saw dark brown fur twice, three times the size of my dog walk by my table. My dog has black and white fur, and her back does not come up past the table. That time, I know, was my werewolf spirit (the only kind at the time to have that kind of appearance) and not something else. So that's the kind of mindset that I go through for myself.

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

featheredstar wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:41 pm I tend to feel things out for what they are, and with my science background, I go through a list of discernment in order to determine if something was spiritually related as well. Questions such as "Did anything cause that?", or repeating whatever movements I just did to determine if it was a reflection of light on my glasses, or observing my surroundings to see if something unrelated happened to interfere with something I thought was spiritual is another way I go about double checking things. Sometimes there is no need to go through it.. for example, one time I saw dark brown fur twice, three times the size of my dog walk by my table. My dog has black and white fur, and her back does not come up past the table. That time, I know, was my werewolf spirit (the only kind at the time to have that kind of appearance) and not something else. So that's the kind of mindset that I go through for myself.
Thank you featheredstar for commenting!

So cool that you saw your werewolf :8)

You said you go through a list of discernment in order to determine if something was spiritually related as well, I do almost the same! I have studied in a science-oriented environment in my teens so probably that forged my mindset, but I can say I am naturally that kind.. I like to take notes of all what happens, I have a big excel where I record day by day my anecdotes, dreams and special events related to spirit keeping, so that I can go back and check if I need to remember something and compare my data LOL
I also like to do experiments and tests, if some happening repeats itself probably it is not just a coincidence and so on...obvously there is no way to be accurate with the metaphysical, but still I like to keep this kind of approach as it allows me to have a better understanding of when something could be a genuine manifestation/contact and when something is just my own projection.

Arcanae
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires and angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Thank you for the subject! I'm new in this and daydreaming is very common for me so I was worried if I could see differences .... I cannot wait to the coming of my first spirits !

^^ The group ^^
M - Silver dragon,H-Courtwind angel,S- Nympho, A- Mononoke, T- Werewolf, Volkh, P- Hellhound, P- Masheba, M- Gryphon, G- english psy vampire, L- Incubus, R- Gregori Watcher, J- Courtwind Angel, N- Reis clan Psy vampire M- Ramidreju P-Butterfly fairy G- Book of the dead vampire Duojna
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Arcanae wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:57 pm Thank you for the subject! I'm new in this and daydreaming is very common for me so I was worried if I could see differences .... I cannot wait to the coming of my first spirits !
You are very welcome.

So cool you are getting your first spirits soon! Enjoy the connection and bonding time with them!

Return to “Spirit Keeping”