Spirits feeling sad?

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Is it possible for a spirit to feel sad, sometimes? Or, more specifically, to feel sad for their keeper? Especially if the sprit is a human one and is the spirit of a person who was very caring and sensitive in their life

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

They can, but you want to make sure that you aren't projecting your feelings and expectations onto your companion. Quite often when people have strong expectations or feel a certain way on something, they will project that feeling onto their spirits, especially when starting out. It is not always what the spirits are really feeling or wanting to express, and is one of the reasons you want to develop your senses enough to be able to accurately discern what is you and what is your companion.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Kitsune wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:10 am It is not always what the spirits are really feeling or wanting to express, and is one of the reasons you want to develop your senses enough to be able to accurately discern what is you and what is your companion.
Exactly! You are extremely right. What would you suggest me to do in order to achieve that? I am still very new here, so there are many things that I still have to learn.

LittleBat
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I pick up a lot of emotions from my spirits, & I've definitely experienced moments of them feeling sadness either for me, or for what's ahead of me - one of my female spirits often moves me to tears with her vibes, albeit usually in a happy way - I was never a 'happy cryer' before I encountered spirit energy! The most obvious example was when I was in the middle of a stressful situation with someone, & I'd gone to bed with this spirit to just try & relax, unwind, feel calmer...then out of nowhere, even though I felt pretty good now, my eyes just filled with tears. Three seconds later my phone rang, and it was someone involved in the situation reporting bad news (for me). This spirit is very, very good at staying on top of situations in multiple places, & it was obvious that she knew what was coming in that phonecall, & was like 'Oh hell, we just cheered you up, & this news is the LAST thing you wanna hear!'

She is incredibly perceptive, and empathetic, & I've also felt sadness from her regarding other things, like lately she gets emotional about her favourite rock concerts, & I'm not sure if she's sad that I can't go to them due to lockdown, so we can't share that experience like we would've been otherwise (& we were both SO excited to share that!), or whether she misses that aspect of her own previous life... I will say, her emotional range does seem a lot more 'human' than most of my other spirits, who I rarely sense sadness from, unless it's the 'happy crying' thing. Our bond is deep, & she does look out for me, a lot - me being sad, or in a stressful situation, does seem to sadden her...

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

LittleBat wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:28 pm
She is incredibly perceptive, and empathetic, & I've also felt sadness from her regarding other things, like lately she gets emotional about her favourite rock concerts, & I'm not sure if she's sad that I can't go to them due to lockdown, so we can't share that experience like we would've been otherwise (& we were both SO excited to share that!), or whether she misses that aspect of her own previous life... I will say, her emotional range does seem a lot more 'human' than most of my other spirits, who I rarely sense sadness from, unless it's the 'happy crying' thing. Our bond is deep, & she does look out for me, a lot - me being sad, or in a stressful situation, does seem to sadden her...
@LittleBat, thank you so much for sharing your personal experiences with your favorite spirit!
By the way, what kind of spirit is she? Is she a human spirit?

Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Some of my spirits are literally crying right now.
I found a video of a project for a musical drama to remember the children of Theresienstadt (a concentration camp), who had to act in a children's opera to convince diplomats, that nothing bad was going on there. Shortly after they were killed in Auschwitz.
Some of my spirits were not aware of the destinies of some humans during WWII and are devastated. Especially because this is about children who had lost any hope. Some of my fae are heartbroken.
I learned a lot in school about the holocaust, my grandparents told me how they despised the regime, I'm quite "used" to things that had happened during this time, because I learned, red and watched a lot about it. I usually get sad and want to do whatever I can to prevent history from repeating itself. This flood of emotions hit my absolutely unexpected and was clearly not mine. Even my angels seem lost in reverie.
I'm feeling those emotions completely centered in my solar plexus, not where I'd expect to experience certain reactions (like having a lump in my throat).
Maybe this helps someone else evaluating if feelings are their own or their spirit's.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Hmm.... Yeah, it helps to read your guys experiences. And I for myself did experience other emotions from my spirits, although not necesserly sad ones. The most "intense" emotion wich was not from me was, when I was disconnected through a music induced trance in wich I met a reaaaallyy dark spirit (i didn´t really perceive it that way at that moment, it was the reaction of my both spirits afterwards) and when this connection ended and also the trance, my connection "came back" so to speak. And they were incredibly worried about me for what happend.

@PrincessKnight:

As for how to discern theirn emotions from your own.... The only thing I try and train to do is (and in my past i did this a lot) a healthy amount of Shadowwork. Simply knowing oneself and reflecting oneselfs emotions can help see, if in a certain situation a certain emotion wich is experienced, makes sense ore not. For example: The emotion I feel right now...is it one I feel regulary? Espacially in that situation? When it´s not...then I would look towards my spirits :) But even I cant sy it for sure...the mind is very fickle and trickster-spirits can always make it harder then necessary..... -.-

Maybe...One other method COULD be.... To see if this emotion does affect you in any other way.
For Example (lets take my experience here ^^) you are in this situation I was in, only less.... "dangerous" maybe? The moment I had that questionable connection I did not feel fear or anything for that matter. And when my spirits could reach me again, I could make out the "place" inside me from wich teir emotion did come. A little vague...I know....^^" Like...when I feel my emotions I can always make a connection with my body as their "source".... My spirits emotion do not seem to have this kind of source (specifically: When they have strong emotions, I cant feel them spring from a bard of my physical or Spiritual Body).

I hope this helps^^"

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

I haven't felt sadness, though I have felt wistfulness from the one I'm closest to right now. He's rather stoic with underlying joy normally.

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

I agree with all the above about discerning your own emotions from your spirits. You need to do exercises to awaken your senses; you can search in the forum or in books.

Now remember that spirits were alive and now they are dead. They are sentient so they have emotions like humans: simply as that.

Though, where it can change is how (from one type of spirit or another) they perceive emotions.

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

I do try not to project, but I often end up blocking everything when I do that. welp.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”