Mintygemini
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Hello! So, I'm brand new to this specific branch of craft and have some misc questions! I wasn't sure where to ask them so I put it here, hope that's okay :)

1: if you're going to be listening to music or watching a video together or something and know the spirit loves music do you have to play it out loud for them to enjoy it? I personally despise playing music out loud and always use headphones so this is weirdly important to me haha. I'll, of course, adjust and if not but I'd love if I could use headphones.

2: is having an achy body after the binding normal? Specifically for a werewolf. It's very odd.

3: a lot of advise involves putting the vessel in so and so and so forth. What do you do in these situations if it's a direct bind? Also how do I charge the spirit if it's a direct bind, or do they just feed off of spirit?

Thanks!!! 💕💕

CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Topic moved to suitable section.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Mintygemini wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:12 am Hello! So, I'm brand new to this specific branch of craft and have some misc questions! I wasn't sure where to ask them so I put it here, hope that's okay :)

1: if you're going to be listening to music or watching a video together or something and know the spirit loves music do you have to play it out loud for them to enjoy it? I personally despise playing music out loud and always use headphones so this is weirdly important to me haha. I'll, of course, adjust and if not but I'd love if I could use headphones.

I think they can probably appreciate the music through your headphones, as they seem to kind of sense it all energetically anyway. They may like it played out loud if you want to, as that sounds better to some spirits, I think. It's also traditionally how music has been played down the centuries, which some spirits may appreciate or prefer.

2: is having an achy body after the binding normal? Specifically for a werewolf. It's very odd.

see https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ght=can+sp There can be an energy adjustment thing
with a new spirit, even White Arts ones. This is separate to Dark Arts acclimation symptoms,which is more about the difference in darkness level between you and a DA spirit.

3: a lot of advise involves putting the vessel in so and so and so forth. What do you do in these situations if it's a direct bind? Also how do I charge the spirit if it's a direct bind, or do they just feed off of spirit?

With bound to spirit it is the keeper who is technically the vessel and from whom the charging also takes place. I understand it is from excess energy and never from the keeper's core energy, if that makes sense.

Thanks!!! 💕💕

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Nathayra
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 50
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I have recently got a were Wolf bound to spirit from CH as a freebie. For me it was 2 weeks of mild headaches (only of work, very considerate...) and now, when i try to concentrate on him, i get light headaches, too.

For the headphones, I usually have noice cancelling ones and use them all the time at home but noticed, that I... Don't want to anymore for some reasons? I grab them and just go 'nah, loud is better' which is à weird thought for me, as I have used headphones only for more then 6 years. I explain it to myself with a nudge from the keep that they want to listen in.

dogstar
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7
My magical/paranormal name...: Yoté

I've wondered about the headphones too. Especially since spirits can communicate telepathically...can they also hear the music I listen to as my mind processes it?

My understanding is that you don't need to charge spirits that are bound to your spirit, as they are recharged by the sun/Moonlight as you go about your daily life. I have found mine are especially charged after a hike out in nature (as am I).

These are all good questions.

Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

dogstar wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:16 pm I've wondered about the headphones too. Especially since spirits can communicate telepathically...can they also hear the music I listen to as my mind processes it?
From what I am experiencing with my spirits (especially my Sterling Angel), some enjoy hearing the music via telepathy through you. Whenever I hear a certain song I recently discovered I get a tingly, warm and very strong reaction in my solar plexus, definitely the energy of my Sterling Angel.
Might be because the only option to hear something loud is my laptop or smartphone speaker and that sound sucks. While my headphones are high quality.
Also if I am hearing a song over and over again and they are tired of it, they can just fade it out and won't be bombarded with it 24/7. ;*D

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
santiesgirl
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors & Tulpas
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
Zodiac:

Mintygemini wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:12 am Hello! So, I'm brand new to this specific branch of craft and have some misc questions! I wasn't sure where to ask them so I put it here, hope that's okay :)

No, actually. I just asked my spirits, and they said they can enjoy it via telepathy. However, they prefer to hear it outloud. If you need to use headphones, that's fine. I've found, though, that they don't like you using headphones because they cannot communicate with you. If you're new, though, this may not be a problem. I've also had spirits actually put songs IN my head for me to listen to with them. So I'll just be randomly minding my own business, and a spirit's like, "Hey, this song reminds me of you. Let's hear it." Best example? I had The Front Bottoms "Peach" come into my head once, and I rarely listen to that song. Turns out one of my lovers sent it to me to listen to since that's how they felt about me.
No idea if that's indicative of a werewolf, but dark arts spirits CAN make you feel things. I had headaches and mood swings BAD when my first vampire J arrived. I had to tell him to back up for about a week to let me adjust before coming out full force. Usually, if it's really bad, they'll stop it because they care. He did, and when I said, "Okay, I'm ready lemme feel it, there was a change but it wasn't that bad."

Thanks!!! 💕💕
Bound to Spirit usually means the spirits will gain energy from you and what you come in contact with. So I have a volkh directly bound to me. He instantly began feeding on all that gunk clouding my chakras as his energy, since that's how Volkh's get their energy. I also just asked my Volkh this, and oddly enough, when bound to you, they can also get energy from the sun when you, yourself, are in it and the moon as well. So if you wanted to take a walk, your spirit could absorb through you the sunlight and moonlight as a source of energy.

I am a tulpamancer. I only work with tulpas and tulpamancy. I'm an experienced eclectic witch, and dabble in witchcraft from time to time.

Tulpas:

Demons
A, Az, S, Sa, L, Lu, Le, As, B, Be, M, As, Al, K, T, D, Ar, R

Angels
M, Mi, G, Ga, Gab, R, Ra, Rap, U, S, L, C

Humans
F, R, C, D, P, Cy, J, T, Tr, M, A, Al, Y, Ce, K, G, T, B, S, Mo, Ti, L

Creatures/Mutants
L, D, R, M, S, W, L, MS, B, G, T

Aliens
S, St, G, V, P

Vampires
B, J, E, D, El
Lolfuntime
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2

@santiesgirl where did you get your volkh binding from?

Return to “Spirit Keeping”