First conversation and pendulum idea

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

My mind is very crowded at the best of times, so I've only noticed direct, spontaneous thoughts that didn't seem to be from me twice. [Skip to the end if you only want a pendulum idea]-

The first time, I was thinking about "control of creatures" being listed among Elven skills and "The secret to control is understanding" popped into my head. From that I got that beings are better off being asked to do things that fit with their natures. Like if I asked my dog to try to get out of the yard. :P

Yesterday, while mediating, I tried chanting my elf's name like a mantra to connect because I was so frustrated.

Me: [Name]

Him: Yes?

Me: [completely not expecting to have an answer pop in.] ...hello?

Him: And a 'hello' to you as well.

And then I got so caught up in thoughts about actually getting something that I couldn't get anything anymore. I must be a joy to try and connect with.
-_-----------------------------------------------------

Pendulums:
I always feel like I'm influencing the swing, so I'm going to try making a list of over seven questions then randomly giving them numbers 1-whatever. With my memory if I lay the list aside I'll forget which number goes with which question and can just do readings for numbers.

Not sure if my spirits will go for that but we'll see.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”