neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Hello! This is more of an experience I wanted to share with you all. Also... I am not sure of the correct phrasing of the Title of this Topic, but for now...her it goes :)

I found that sometimes I am able to connect with my spirits better if I ask my Higher Self for help. Like.... If I am in a deep meditation I say: "Oh Higher Self, please help me create a more councious channel with xy". Not dierectly the words I use, but it means that what I wrote here. I often also ask not only for a better telepathic channel but also for an empathy channel (if that makes sense....I still am not sure about the wording :x). I do feel it helps me.... But I am still "experimentig", so to speak....

Well... In the first place I wanted to share :)|

Do you guys also use similar methods like this or even exactly this?

Have a great day :)

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7

This is actually a pretty interesting way to "task" your higher self, I suppose. I never heard of it but it makes a lot of sense in my mind to utilise your own powers, so to speak. Thanks a lot for sharing.

As for me, I don't really do anything but set intentions. Perhaps it's related?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I do kind of work with my higher self at times.

Like almost everything else, the phrase 'higher self' can mean different things, although it all has a similar kind of resonance. Just because it's one phrase, doesn't mean it's just one thing. There are 5 versions of it that I connect with.

1. If I feel uncoordinated mentally, physically, consciousness-wise, or too drawn 'down' to what some might call the lower astral end of the energy spectrum, I'll ask my higher self to put things back in sync. That version of the higher self is something I grasped from 'Connect to Your Higher Self' by Ama Miller.

2. Another version of higher self is from a branch of psychic healing I learned a long time ago. There's an exercise in which you bring it into your physical body, which is quite a healing thing to experience.

3. A third version I use sometimes is the 'higher self' that can measure precisely what we're doing in spiritual or psychic work, so we can sometimes trust that part of ourselves to do the work, instead of our awkward, thought-filled conscious mind. Sometimes the word subconscious is substituted.

4. The psychological concept of superego is quite close to one idea of the higher self.

5. And there's the idea that there's a part of ourselves that is always in contact with all of our other incarnations, past and future - all of time - and can access knowledge about everything. I think that qualifies as - and is sometimes described as - a higher self.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Thanks for your answers and input.^^
I really do not know much about this topic and i have to confess that I only have a, from my perspective, vague idea of what the "Higher Self" is for me.

@Lewk:
I never thought about it in Aspects/Versions, but I can see how this makes sense. Can one say that, given what you described from your experience Lewk, that it is "one thing" (in lack of a better terminology^^") but with different aspects? Like... We are in our present, day to day consciousness "One" being with many different aspects in regards to ability and skill and charakter and personality whereas our Higher Self maybe simmilar in regards to skill and ability ("IF" ^^) and the only difference is the lack of Ego and ability to connect with other planes of existence etc. more easily?

Up until that point, I viewed the Higher-Self as a state of being, a state of conciousness, wich, maybe feels seperate from your day to day minds point of perception, is also "us" so to speak. It´s (again, from my knowledge up until now^^) a state of connection to the universal spirit maybe? The Great Spirit (how I like to call it sometimes)? It feels like something wich is able to draw information I do not have access to normally. So...the Higher Self would be, from what I see now when I read the text, a form of Higher Connectivity, or.... all in one what you described Lewk....

I can very easily be wrong though. *grin*

@chiasmox:
Yes, I see it very often if someone talks/writes about tasking in the metaphysical in general. In the End, how one does it is up to the one who does it.... But all have this in common: Having a clear, unwavering intention set ^^

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I always thought our Higher Self is our God conscience, that knows and discern all the time.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Kobald wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:54 am [...]

@Lewk:
I never thought about it in Aspects/Versions, but I can see how this makes sense. Can one say that, given what you described from your experience Lewk, that it is "one thing" (in lack of a better terminology^^") but with different aspects? Like... We are in our present, day to day consciousness "One" being with many different aspects in regards to ability and skill and charakter and personality whereas our Higher Self maybe simmilar in regards to skill and ability ("IF" ^^) and the only difference is the lack of Ego and ability to connect with other planes of existence etc. more easily?

Up until that point, I viewed the Higher-Self as a state of being, a state of conciousness, wich, maybe feels seperate from your day to day minds point of perception, is also "us" so to speak. It´s (again, from my knowledge up until now^^) a state of connection to the universal spirit maybe? The Great Spirit (how I like to call it sometimes)? It feels like something wich is able to draw information I do not have access to normally. So...the Higher Self would be, from what I see now when I read the text, a form of Higher Connectivity, or.... all in one what you described Lewk....

I can very easily be wrong though. *grin*
[...]
I think we're firmly in the realm of philosophies here.

Yes, it depends how you look at it. And what you think a Higher Self is. Everyone's personal perspective can be valid. There could be facets of a Thing we call Higher Self. Or they could be separate processes that seem similar - but probably aren't exactly the same thing. The definition Chavah mentioned is from one particular philosophical viewpoint. There are others.

From my point of view...it can be hard to pin down one overarching True theory of everything - although that interests me greatly. Once you factor in theory of knowledge (cf Karl Popper), you get the concept that no model of reality is accurate. That leads to the maxim "Never completely believe in someone else's belief system and never completely believe in your own belief system." (Robert Anton Wilson). Taoism and Buddhism got there millennia ago: it's all an illusion maintained by our minds. Neuroscience caught up with that in recent decades.

I find it much easier to think in terms of what works. I also compartmentalise, so when I work with a technique from one philosophy, I defer to and respect the world view that came from. I'm an eclectic but not in the sense that I mix and match different systems.

What Chavah said

find it again.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Couldn't edit that last post. (I should have deleted the last line 'What Chavah said'.)

find it again.
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Lewk wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:14 am Couldn't edit that last post. (I should have deleted the last line 'What Chavah said'.)
That's fine. Thanks guys for your deep exchange. I certainly like reading on this topic.

My thoughts on higher self of mine is this. It's my own, I am talking about the way I figured it without any type of learning materials.

In my view, everyone has their own blood line and genetic make-up that has the sparks of our origin. That sparks is contained in our energy. Also, our energy is seated within our 3 bodies and dimensional in nature.

Therefore, it can be easily said that each of my bodies can have a seat of my higher self in seemingly 3 different signature, character, and expression that I can perceive with my mind on occasions.

Those 3 parts of my higher self can communicate independently and together as well. It's my God given spark from my creator.

I also perceived that, there are other dimensions that is far beyond my own physical, spiritual and probably even my astral body senses, that I possibly never able to comprehend in my lifetime.

My higher self is more then capable of teaching, revealing and feed and nurture each of my bodies, therefore my whole being. I am, more or less, governed by this in my everyday Earthen actions, Spiritual life and Astral consciousness.

That's all in nutshell. 😏

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Return to “Spirit Keeping”