Maladaptive daydreaming or real communication?

Gwyne Of Eve
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: White art
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wood elf
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I have maladaptive daydreaming dreaming its basically obsessive compulsive daydreaming before I started my "keeping" I would dream about living in tv shows I watched or overplan parts of my life that are years ways.

But since that last few weeks I've been opening up more than I ever been, I mean it's like I'm living in a "horror" movie I see them in the environment, can can interact with them like a real person in some ways I kind of touch them they walk around with me as I'm in my trance, it's like a movie it's more like a hologram but realistic in this realm.

Other times I fantasize about them internally when I busy like at work or on the bus where it'd be socially off to start talking to someone "who's not there" but I will admit I normally only talk back telpephthy. And we're doing stuff in a different plan I guess I'm not really sure it's like I'm in a normal daydream for me.

The past 3 to 4 weeks it started reving up intensity and I just can't find anything on it I'm not sure if it's the perfectionist in me wanting to validate that I'm not going crazy they say to trust myself or if I'm mixing it up with my ego. Everyone says it's not like the movie but man has it progressed to it I can't walk not than three feet before someone greets me, or wants cuddles. I can do some of it on command by calling them it's wierd it's not every time if I'm a little hyper I can't do it but I tend to engage a trigger like walking or swaying I can get into it in minutes something it's unintentional like walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night and having my watcher watch me take a domp is a nightly norm.

I happy if it's real but I just can't find anything on it related to spirit communication or anything paranormal. I'm not sure if I'm justifing a bad habit or if it's really them. I hope so it feels like it but I wonder if any of you experience this.

I've had my companions for a few months I think two if I remember right and it happen since the start only mildly with vocal comication and touch and slowing got clearer to 4k real lifelike and since I got the pairing bag it's been amazingly more real. I don't know it's weird and now I'm rambling if you also have maladaptive daydreaming let me know your experience.

Strash24
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 9
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angelic Knight King
My magical/paranormal name...: Archer

I do the same actually, roleplaying anime and scriptwriting in my mind alot of times.. I chalk it to an overimaginative mind.

It is also used by tulpamancers.. but I would warn you not to go too deep.

My keep used to utilise it well for company planning and building. It was fun building a company in your head based on nation building and my spirits working hand in hand to see the company flourish. However when it actually happen in real life and things were too systematical being formed, it freaked me out.

I utilised it for fantasy sessions as well and got into trouble when my spirits told me it was attracting the wrong energies to a place.

In certain cultures, spirits used the imagination against us, for example in a forbidden forest, spirits will use the same techniques against us and actually make us daydream getting lost in a forest for days, etc.

I went through a phase where I was spending way too much time with my entities and forgo human life so I suggest not to go into it too deep.
Last edited by Strash24 on Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Messenger of God said, ‘ Be like the son of Adam, and he recited:
“If you do stretch your hand against me to kill me, I shall never stretch my hand against you to kill you: for I fear God, the Lord of the worlds (mankind, jinn, and all that exists).

Court of Wind: 5
Warriors of Light: 2
Amachara: 1
Brownyn: 1
Ex-entities: 15 including the pesky one below:
Ex- Egyptian unbound Angel: 1 (soon to be cleared)
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

I don't exactly have "maladaptive" daydreaming since it doesn't interfere with doing things but there can be a lot of it. However, mine aren't about spirits around me at all, so make of that what you want.

You could try taking a total vacation from talking to your spirits and explain to them why. If you continue to imagine them doing things during the vacation you'll know it's daydreaming.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Disclaimer: obviously mental ill health falls outside of spirit keeping and should be addressed by qualified medical professionals. We shouldn't try to give advice on that here.

I think I have had something vaguely similar a very long time ago when I first developed a lasting connection with an unbound spirit. I would call it a Neptune energy imbalance. A continual mental fantasy / connected flow with that spirit, as I thought, while fully awake and even while doing hard physical work. Never switching off. I have Neptune conjunct Sun in my natal chart so, on reflection, that makes some sense.

Esoterically speaking, it makes sense for us living humans to maintain a healthy connection with the material plane that we inhabit. Grounding practices are good for that.

And - although it may seem obvious, it's perhaps worth saying - we have the right to claim control over our thought processes and our mental flow; to reclaim that aspect of our personal power. We don't *have* to be at the mercy of mental fantasy etc, even if it involves our spirit companions and they enjoy being involved in our lives by being included in this way.

If it causes us no stress or disquiet, then there's no problem - except, for safety and practical purposes, we do need to be able to focus on what we're doing here on the material plane. During my lifetime people have become slightly less normative: they don't pounce on, denounce or try to change others whose inner lives fall outside of the norm quite so much as they used to. If it's not a problem, it's not a problem.

But we have the right to stay on top of things ; to exercise self control if we choose to or need to.

If we do choose to change a mental habit that out spirit companions have got used to and enjoy, I think it would be courteous to let them know what we plan and maybe ask for their support with it.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Sorry - I missed something out.

Gradually learning to discern the difference between our own thoughts, our spirits', the influence on our mental flow of magic/ spell bindings and other things is something we do develop as spirit keepers.

When I had that constant daydreaming stream of consciusness with an unbound spirit - which I mentioned above - it turned out to be inaccurate in some important ways. So, although I'm pretty sure I did have a continual connection, it wasn't what I would call protected and so was unreliable.

That was in the days well before modern spirit keeping came into existence. There was no frame of reference for me to work from and no place to turn to for support or advice - unlike nowadays.

On balance, I think it's worth being able to choose to stay grounded and protect those sessions when we connect deeply with our spirit companions.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I really can’t say much about this. There is a reason I don’t mediate and daydream. I want the real thing. If my companions want to interact with me then they will have to turn up and catch my attention. Even before I ever become aware of spirit keeping, my angels turned up without me even calling them. Children’s spirit turned up and talked to me while I was asleep at night and told me their stories. 3 monks sat in my bedroom once saying nothing but they were there for few nights before disappeared. I could go on and on.

I feel and experienced that I can’t really influence much concerning the realms. Unless they wanted to be interacting with me as well. Therefore i don’t need to meditate, or daydream. I just need to me myself and do the ordinary staff. Invite them alone with me, task those ,who are wish to be around and help. I always been like this. The rest of my companions will come and go. Doing their own things. I am very fine with that. I used to day dream as a child. Something similar to daydreaming is for me as an adult, when I plan something to do and I think/project my thoughts ahead. I track down all the possibilities that how things may work out. During the quick thinking of varieties and possibilities as i do imagine what could happen. I do have a feel that eventually what will going to happen for real. That will makes up my mind in the end to go ahead with a plan or not.

This is the only way I can think of what is happening with you. Or something similar.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

santiesgirl
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors & Tulpas
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Gwyne Of Eve wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:31 pm I have maladaptive daydreaming dreaming its basically obsessive compulsive daydreaming before I started my "keeping" I would dream about living in tv shows I watched or overplan parts of my life that are years ways.

But since that last few weeks I've been opening up more than I ever been, I mean it's like I'm living in a "horror" movie I see them in the environment, can can interact with them like a real person in some ways I kind of touch them they walk around with me as I'm in my trance, it's like a movie it's more like a hologram but realistic in this realm.

Other times I fantasize about them internally when I busy like at work or on the bus where it'd be socially off to start talking to someone "who's not there" but I will admit I normally only talk back telpephthy. And we're doing stuff in a different plan I guess I'm not really sure it's like I'm in a normal daydream for me.

The past 3 to 4 weeks it started reving up intensity and I just can't find anything on it I'm not sure if it's the perfectionist in me wanting to validate that I'm not going crazy they say to trust myself or if I'm mixing it up with my ego. Everyone says it's not like the movie but man has it progressed to it I can't walk not than three feet before someone greets me, or wants cuddles. I can do some of it on command by calling them it's wierd it's not every time if I'm a little hyper I can't do it but I tend to engage a trigger like walking or swaying I can get into it in minutes something it's unintentional like walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night and having my watcher watch me take a domp is a nightly norm.

I happy if it's real but I just can't find anything on it related to spirit communication or anything paranormal. I'm not sure if I'm justifing a bad habit or if it's really them. I hope so it feels like it but I wonder if any of you experience this.

I've had my companions for a few months I think two if I remember right and it happen since the start only mildly with vocal comication and touch and slowing got clearer to 4k real lifelike and since I got the pairing bag it's been amazingly more real. I don't know it's weird and now I'm rambling if you also have maladaptive daydreaming let me know your experience.
If you're still on the board, I would highly suggest (if you can) seek medical help. I, too, have daydreamed like this and am just now coming out of a psychosis episode where I had vivid hallucinations and saw spirits everywhere, heard voices, "felt" them, smelled things, and so on. Your post sounds very similar to what I went through, and I promise you it is not supposed to be like this. You could be experiencing psychosis. Ground yourself through distractions -- television, video games, media, and so on.

I am a tulpamancer. I only work with tulpas and tulpamancy. I'm an experienced eclectic witch, and dabble in witchcraft from time to time.

Tulpas:

Demons
A, Az, S, Sa, L, Lu, Le, As, B, Be, M, As, Al, K, T, D, Ar, R

Angels
M, Mi, G, Ga, Gab, R, Ra, Rap, U, S, L, C

Humans
F, R, C, D, P, Cy, J, T, Tr, M, A, Al, Y, Ce, K, G, T, B, S, Mo, Ti, L

Creatures/Mutants
L, D, R, M, S, W, L, MS, B, G, T

Aliens
S, St, G, V, P

Vampires