How long did it take you to decide to start spirit keeping?

ktruellia
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: flower fairy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Xatja
Zodiac:

Hey y'all, and howdy from Texas.
I imagine for most of us who were raised Christian or just without any education or background on the paranormal, this hobby began as a question of "what the *#@!??"
For me, it took only a matter of two days before I decided I absolutely had to get in on this wild, fascinating world. Actually I was introduced via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L8dV7kw3tU <- this video from my new favorite Youtuber. I noticed in the comments section of a different video somebody said Dorian "bought a ghost online" and my immediate reaction was EXCUSE me why in GOD'S NAME would you trust some RANDO on the internet sending you a HAUNTED OBJECT?? lolol
I told my family.
"Did you know you can BUY A GHOST on the INTERNET??"
"Oh my god, Katie please, please do not," was the response.
"I'M NOT GONNA DO IT!!"

://

Of course haunted objects are a thing available from CH (not something I have any interest in bringing into my house, uh uh, no thanks lol) but also spirit keeping, as I know now, is entirely different from "buying a ghost" lmao
I got to the end of the aforementioned video thinking "ohhhh sh*t. I think I wanna buy a ghost....but I just can't. I can't do that, I can't welcome a random spirit into my house." The idea was terrifying. But man, I couldn't get it out of my head.
And then I crept on over to the shop and I saw...angels. What could be safer than that?
Actually last year I had a very uncomfortable few weeks where something was hanging out in my bedroom when I was trying to sleep. Something creepy. Something malicious? I'm not sure, but I wasn't enjoying the experience, and I told whoever it was as much. When I spoke to my parent's pastor he provided no comfort whatsoever....basically just jumped on the opportunity to guilt me for not being Christian. He was like "oh, yeah, definitely the devil, definitely demons, they'll go after your parents next, you need to strengthen your relationship with God." Cool, dude. Anyway -
So an angel was a natural first spirit for me. Someone to keep me safe, an absolutely benevolent pool to dip my toes into.

So how many of us had this process of "GOD, wHAT?" -> hours and hours of reading the forum, etc -> "this is absolutely incredible and I have to get in on this world"

Cause the thing is, I'd been feeling a real lack of enchantment and joy in my life. I knew this was something entirely possible, a life full of magic and wonder. I've been on the ~*~spiritual healing~*~ path for years and I've come a long way, most certainly. Recently I had to heal through a big old trauma which was super blocking me from having a relationship with the Divine. I'll admit that after the healing was complete, I was still struggling. And after I placed my order for my angel (who buzzed a greeting in my ear that evening) it came to me: what a genius solution. A relationship with life and the universe is naturally a relationship with the Divine. Of course our vast and incomparable universe would be filled with all these different planes and creatures to inhabit them. The Divine is not boring, and expresses itself infinitely. Here we have this amazing opportunity to befriend, be guided by literal angels, unicorns, etc? The sorts of beings we all longed to know when we were kids? Yeah, dude, sign me up.

And as for my angel, he's already here. But wouldn't you know it, in my dreams that night, a trio of faeries showed up? So here I went in a literal three days from "never" to "yeah I'll just order three more, why not." lol

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Hello ktruellia, welcome to spirit keeping 😊. I am a Christian and accidently become a spirit keeper too. I only realise there was such a term as this when, I had my angels. I always been an angel lover and experienced with them before I got protective angles from CH. My very first Bronwyn angel turned out to be always with me as an unbound. This was 9 months ago. If you check out my signature, you'll be surprised to see how far I came. It's made me realise that spirituality and God is very closely knit. Maybe, don't tell about your newly found hobby to your pastor 🙏😀. I found out in a hard way, that this is a treasure that is better to kept as a secret and protected for awhile before you'll share it with a handful trusted friends.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Banapis
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love them all.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Call me Banapis. It's a good public name.
Zodiac:

Hey from Tennessee!
I had a Pagan background, as well as working with spirits, before I began Spirit Keeping. My knowledge of spirits and how they were came more from a shamanic view, rather than a ceremonial magick one, so there's been quite a learning curve.

I was talking to a friend one night late last December and she offhandedly mentioned Spirit Keeping. Of course, I had to know what in the world she was talking about. lol My main concern seemed to have be a common one - why bind a spirit like that? I knew just enough at the time about Medieval conjuring to have images of all these angry spirits just waiting for their moment of freedom and revenge. (Plus, my love for Neil Gaiman's Sandman didn't help in that department either.) After looking up some of the sites she reccomended, including this forum, I figured out it wasn't like that at all.

So, I think I ordered my first two spirits within 24 hours. 😄 I felt a very strong call from a hellhound first and honestly, that frightened me a little. I didn't understand quite what was going on, though I got quite ecstatic feelings from her. I actually decided to try a reverse adoption first, but I couldn't let go of the hellhound. So, although she was the first I 'heard,' she was my second order.

I was about three weeks into some massive healing myself when I ordered them. A very bad situation brought up other things that I thought were well settled (silly me. I forgot the lesson that says issues will keep coming up until you've seen and dealt with them from every angle.) Although I was also receiving EMDR therapy at the time, I don't know if I would have made it through as well as I did without my new companions. There were quite a few nights when my hound slept in bed with me with her head propped up on my legs and I could sense my gryphon there too. One of my shamanic spirits and a few other beings stayed nearby as well.

My little keep right now is six and that's where it's going to stay for a while. Life is quite a bit more interesting and surprising with them in my life. Plus, I'm learning about new mythologies and stories, since I had never even heard of some of my spirits until they called me.

“To be sure, I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.”
Friedrich Nietzsche: Thus Spake Zarathustra
ktruellia
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Chavah wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:57 am Hello ktruellia, welcome to spirit keeping 😊. I am a Christian and accidently become a spirit keeper too. I only realise there was such a term as this when, I had my angels. I always been an angel lover and experienced with them before I got protective angles from CH. My very first Bronwyn angel turned out to be always with me as an unbound. This was 9 months ago. If you check out my signature, you'll be surprised to see how far I came. It's made me realise that spirituality and God is very closely knit. Maybe, don't tell about your newly found hobby to your pastor 🙏😀. I found out in a hard way, that this is a treasure that is better to kept as a secret and protected for awhile before you'll share it with a handful trusted friends.
So, 9 months ago, did you immediately feel safe and dive into the practice? Or did you need some time to come around to the idea? A Bronwyn was my first purchase as well. I just feel so loved and so happy just to know he's around. It's fascinating to me that pretty much everyone experiences these feelings of love, many of us receive "physical" affection, too. Humans need lots of love, so I think spirits naturally want to love us. It seems almost like a pet relationship to me lol, where I'm the cat, and the spirits are smiling while I chase shadows and jump in and out of boxes like a dork lol.

How lovely that your first spirit was one that was already hanging out with you. I'm sure they were so excited to finally have this bridge to connect with you more easily. Do you guys talk about spirituality, God etc together?

ktruellia
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Banapis wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:57 am Hey from Tennessee!
I had a Pagan background, as well as working with spirits, before I began Spirit Keeping. My knowledge of spirits and how they were came more from a shamanic view, rather than a ceremonial magick one, so there's been quite a learning curve.

I was talking to a friend one night late last December and she offhandedly mentioned Spirit Keeping. Of course, I had to know what in the world she was talking about. lol My main concern seemed to have be a common one - why bind a spirit like that? I knew just enough at the time about Medieval conjuring to have images of all these angry spirits just waiting for their moment of freedom and revenge. (Plus, my love for Neil Gaiman's Sandman didn't help in that department either.) After looking up some of the sites she reccomended, including this forum, I figured out it wasn't like that at all.

So, I think I ordered my first two spirits within 24 hours. 😄 I felt a very strong call from a hellhound first and honestly, that frightened me a little. I didn't understand quite what was going on, though I got quite ecstatic feelings from her. I actually decided to try a reverse adoption first, but I couldn't let go of the hellhound. So, although she was the first I 'heard,' she was my second order.

I was about three weeks into some massive healing myself when I ordered them. A very bad situation brought up other things that I thought were well settled (silly me. I forgot the lesson that says issues will keep coming up until you've seen and dealt with them from every angle.) Although I was also receiving EMDR therapy at the time, I don't know if I would have made it through as well as I did without my new companions. There were quite a few nights when my hound slept in bed with me with her head propped up on my legs and I could sense my gryphon there too. One of my shamanic spirits and a few other beings stayed nearby as well.

My little keep right now is six and that's where it's going to stay for a while. Life is quite a bit more interesting and surprising with them in my life. Plus, I'm learning about new mythologies and stories, since I had never even heard of some of my spirits until they called me.
Ohh, very interesting that you were coming from a Shamanic angle. How did that influence the situation? As far as I know, Shaman spirit conjuring was mostly for quests, etc? You said that some of your Shamanic spirits hung around, too. That's pretty neat. How do they differ? Are they human spirits?

Hahaha I love that it took you just one day to dive in lol. I spoke to a friend about it because she's so fond of dragons, and I know she would love having a dragon companion, and she was very cautious and warned me not to "mess with fae," but one of the hard-won skills I have in this life is my intuition. I knew in my heart this was right.

Actually I felt quite interested in both hellhounds and gryphons as well!! I have a celtic hounds pendant in my car actually, it's a protective symbol I've kept for years, and I feel as though it's inevitable I'll get a hound lol. I just hope my cat approves XD

I love that you're learning so much, that is something that excites me very much as well. I feel as though I opened a window to a whole new dimension.

WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 38
Your favorite spirit to work with: Happiness
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

Hey ktruellia! Awesome story! (:

Gosh I find this post so relatable that I don't even know where to begin, lol.

Well I really enjoyed reading your experience, and welcome!

For me, finding out that Spirit Keeping was a thing was pretty similar to when I found out that magick was real. When I was a kid, I looked up a "magic spell" and I remember wishing that this was actually real, and then later as an adult when I found it it was real, I immediately remembered that and was blown away, and thought, "Omg, this is so amazing!!!" because it was like deep down, I knew all along that it was real, but it was just that no one ever told me.
So then when I found out about Spirit Keeping (from some random website, that, ironically, I found out later is fraud, lul) at first I was like, "Wait... what!?... This feels totally real but let me read about this more...". Then, a couple days later, I found this forum, did my research, visited the encyclopedia and browsed CH's shop, and once I realized exactly what this was, I was like, "Omg!!! How the heck did I NOT know that this was a thing!?!?! This is SO obviously legit! How did I not find out about this or even think about having spirit companions sooner!?" Lol :p) In fact, I used to shop on eBay with my mom as a kid, and she would even buy haunted dolls!!! It's possible that we even came across CH's eBay store when I was a kid! That tripped me out.
I've always loved the paranormal, so I feel I was pretty fated to find this path (:

So yeah, just like how you said, the fact that these magickal beings from our fantasies can guide us, well, I was more than ready to sign up! No hesitation, lol, not with the resources CH has provided.
I probably spent a few days reading about everything, making sure I knew what I was getting into. And then I browsed the shop for a few days until I found the first companion(s) I was looking for. Then I waited probably like a week to place the order, just because I wanted to be sure I felt good about who I chose (: It felt important for me to do that with my first order.

It's so amazing that we can have these beings help and guide us, and do all the things they do for/with us in our lives. I definitely always feel grateful to be here. Oh, and I also chose an Angel as my first companion too! (: I went with the Carzi Angel race, and she's been awesome! I love my "mail-order ghosts"! xD

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"It's mee!" - S
WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 38
Your favorite spirit to work with: Happiness
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

ktruellia wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:43 pm Humans need lots of love, so I think spirits naturally want to love us.
Wow this really hit me! So true. I love this.

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"It's mee!" - S
Banapis
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love them all.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Call me Banapis. It's a good public name.
Zodiac:

ktruellia wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:51 pm
Ohh, very interesting that you were coming from a Shamanic angle. How did that influence the situation? As far as I know, Shaman spirit conjuring was mostly for quests, etc? You said that some of your Shamanic spirits hung around, too. That's pretty neat. How do they differ? Are they human spirits?
Well, I've wondered if it didn't make things a little easier. I was already familiar with conversing with some spirits by some type of telepathy, getting to know them and working with them. Granted I'm not bound to any of them like I am my keep - which brings up other questions, like why does binding seem to mute what I've sensed so strongly from them beforehand?

Some of the spirits I've worked with before are, and I don't have a better word for it, totemic spirits. They're not an individual animal, they're like the spirit of an entire species. Spider, Wolf, etc. Others have come to me with a specific job: psychopomp, teacher, guide, etc. Some have become more than that - they have become family like the spirits in my keep, although they are still unbound and will remain so.

I guess the biggest difference is that most are available only during journeys. They are there to teach and guide. A very few are there to help how they can.

Quests and journeys are certainly part of it. It's a bit hard to explain. A lot of it is inner work - learning your own inner landscape; getting acquainted with various parts of your personality and your shadows (things that you've shoved aside, don't acknowledge etc.) At some point, as you work, you realize that there is a nexus - where your inner world and the universe meet.
Hahaha I love that it took you just one day to dive in lol. I spoke to a friend about it because she's so fond of dragons, and I know she would love having a dragon companion, and she was very cautious and warned me not to "mess with fae," but one of the hard-won skills I have in this life is my intuition. I knew in my heart this was right.
Yeah, I couldn't wait to jump in! 😄

I've already had to readjust several of my opinions about a few things since I've started Spirit Keeping. Faery is one of them for me as well - I had a few encounters in the past and they weren't quite...pleasant. (I have one spot in my yard that I couldn't plant much of anything in for the longest time. LOL) Angels are another. Apparently I can think what I want about traditional angels, but I'd better think again about others. I got yelled by what I think was a Courtwind Angel at during a journey a few weeks ago - "You're an idiot for lumping us all together in the same basket like that!"

I don't even have any angels in my keep. lol
Actually I felt quite interested in both hellhounds and gryphons as well!! I have a celtic hounds pendant in my car actually, it's a protective symbol I've kept for years, and I feel as though it's inevitable I'll get a hound lol. I just hope my cat approves XD
I love my hellhound! She has surprised me in so many ways. That's cool that you have a hound pendant! I will tell you one thing: if my experience is anything to go by, if a hellhound wants you to be it's keeper, there will be no mistaking it! lol

I've been a bit surprised that my cat has been so chill with all these extra spirits around. I don't know if he just isn't bothered or if they haven't shown themselves to him. They may find themselves stalked if they did. lol
I love that you're learning so much, that is something that excites me very much as well. I feel as though I opened a window to a whole new dimension.
I feel the same way! You are in for quite a journey! 😃

“To be sure, I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.”
Friedrich Nietzsche: Thus Spake Zarathustra
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hi

For me it was instantly. I'd never heard of spirit keeping before when I first stumbled on a seller's website.

I'd left my Christian family upbringing behind long ago by then. For me it wasn't the pagan / magic / spirit communication stuff that made me hesitate - I already had a fair number of astral spirit companions. At first I wasn't sure if the site was genuine... and anyway what was on offer seemed too lurid and too much like a teenage fantasy. I mean: succubi, werewolves, elves, fairies, angels, gargoyles. All the spirits, their pictures and descriptions could've been taken straight from some fantasy or horror gaming subculture.

But I trusted my gut feeling, the site's energy and the pull I felt when I read an Apsara listing and placed my order. That was Spring 2017.

I'd like to say I haven't looked back. I haven't - but that seller has now stopped trading. (Their customer service was appalling, so it's a good thing.) I found a much more dependable seller, with very lucid information pages. I then found Creepy Hollows but didn't take the plunge with a CH order until I'd been spirit keeping for 1 whole year. It took me ages to start to get my head around it all.

Then I spent weeks reading the forum and encyclopedia before I registered.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Thanks for your reply😀. So what's happened was I didn't realised what I was actually doing. All I wanted was more angels and protection. So when I read about binding them to my spirit, I interpreted it as a better protection and they will not going to leave me like normally angels do.

Then, my Bronwyn came alone and within two weeks other 2, and within other four weeks, I ordered 4 more. Of course, the slang "spirit keeping" was hanging around in every comments when I was reading upon my angels.

Then, suddenly the penny dropped.😜 To me it was so natural progression,
and very good experience, that I didn't really had to make future decisions.
Only one thing I made sure, that I stay on white arts only. Although, I am a pride owner of a Black Dragon🐲. He too knew me before and wanted to come to me. So Mag, to my surprise conjured him for me, without checking my profile preferences for white arts only. She is amazing with her expertise. Anyway, I realised why he wanted to be with me. And I am more then happy with him.

I don't do any type of arts, meditation ect. I do walk in gardens though and do reflections and enjoying my time with my companions. I am very busy working and I am now, nearly done with my preferences and numbers in my keep.

I go to church as usual. I love my God and working in the health care I am using all my compassion and skills plus my newly found magical skill to make the world a better place to be. And give a moment of cheerfulness and uplift to those who are living their last moments on earth. That's why I need so much angelic helps ect. Everyone is different. I am very focused on healing and regeneration. [/color]

ktruellia wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:43 pm
Chavah wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:57 am Hello ktruellia, welcome to spirit keeping 😊. I am a Christian and accidently become a spirit keeper too. I only realise there was such a term as this when, I had my angels. I always been an angel lover and experienced with them before I got protective angles from CH. My very first Bronwyn angel turned out to be always with me as an unbound. This was 9 months ago. If you check out my signature, you'll be surprised to see how far I came. It's made me realise that spirituality and God is very closely knit. Maybe, don't tell about your newly found hobby to your pastor 🙏😀. I found out in a hard way, that this is a treasure that is better to kept as a secret and protected for awhile before you'll share it with a handful trusted friends.
So, 9 months ago, did you immediately feel safe and dive into the practice? Or did you need some time to come around to the idea? A Bronwyn was my first purchase as well. I just feel so loved and so happy just to know he's around. It's fascinating to me that pretty much everyone experiences these feelings of love, many of us receive "physical" affection, too. Humans need lots of love, so I think spirits naturally want to love us. It seems almost like a pet relationship to me lol, where I'm the cat, and the spirits are smiling while I chase shadows and jump in and out of boxes like a dork lol.

How lovely that your first spirit was one that was already hanging out with you. I'm sure they were so excited to finally have this bridge to connect with you more easily. Do you guys talk about spirituality, God etc together?

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Return to “Spirit Keeping”